Speaking of which, why hasn't a mod renamed this Nexo Knights 2016 yet?

English translation from German Amazon site does not mean we need to take everything there as gospel. Why do we need to rush for this kind of thing?

Calling it right now, Jestro is half human half robot.

Got some interesting details here:

Moltor and Lavaria are lava monsters.

Robin is going to have a Robin hood look to him.

Five nexo knights

70314 is going to be a store exclusive set

Edited by amazingbricks

Calling it right now, Jestro is half human half robot.

Five nexo knights

70314 is going to be a store exclusive set

Well Chaos and Lava goes well together.

I wouldn't be surprised, I just hope Jestro is a Jester though... Cyborg Jester...

Oh well thanks LEGO...money saved for new Castle theme can go to paying for mundane things like bills.

Very disappointed.

I like the notion of Robin having a Robin Hood look to him. However, I worry there will be a translucent leg or metallic arm that will wreck its usability for me.

I like the notion of Robin having a Robin Hood look to him. However, I worry there will be a translucent leg or metallic arm that will wreck its usability for me.

Or has some cybord implant of an eye to "help" him aim better... Also comes with a modern compound bow, rather than a traditional medieval bow (although an unusable accessory isn't the end of the world).

Regarding Jestro, I've kinda assumed, if he's a bad-guy, there's a decent chance he'd be a skeleton jester...since that's a pretty traditional "fantasy" thing:

18448.jpg

It also sort of reminds me of Skeletor, if the He-Man influence has any merit to it.

OK, so I just read the last 20 pages of this thread, and I have to say, WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE STEAMPUNK?

Am I the only one who thinks this theme could be awesome? I mean, COME ON, ROBO HORSES, COMPANIONS OF DARKNESS! NOBODY??

OK, so I just read the last 20 pages of this thread, and I have to say, WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE STEAMPUNK?

Am I the only one who thinks this theme could be awesome? I mean, COME ON, ROBO HORSES, COMPANIONS OF DARKNESS! NOBODY??

A few considerations - we don't know that it will, in fact, be steampunk. It's rumored, but the latest info also suggests it will have a lot more sci-fi influence, which could be something else altogether. Until pics...who knows???

Also, some people just aren't into Steampunk. I like mild steampunk influences, but the more steampunk it gets, it usually loses my interest pretty quickly.

Lastly - "Robo horses" could be either pretty cool, or REALLY tacky...depending on how Lego decides to go with it. They've blown it in the past with the KK2 jousting set trying to make non-traditional horses, so that doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Also, a lot of the Ninjago and Chima vehicles aren't very "Castle-friendly"....and since some of the same designers from those themes are involved here, it has people worried a robo-horse will be more on the really tacky side, rather than pretty cool.

A lot of people just want a classic Castle theme lol

I personally think it's interesting, I wanna see how everything looks. :sweet:

Am I the only person who thinks Marshall Bravestar when you hear robot horse? I realize that was a western styled show and we want castle but for moccing this could be a good thing.

The more I hear about this theme the more interested I become. Granted I will still wait for pictures to show up to make a final judgment call. As long as there aren't a lot of vehicles then I'm all for it. Siege engines and whatnot are fine. But if they come out with a lot of Chima type vehicles then it's sadly a no go for me. I'm all about structures. Also the Robin character could be great if it gives us some forest type sets, but could also be really bad. I'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully we get more information soon.

Ah, you got me(and probably some of the others) all wrong. It's not the steampunk I'm complaining about. In fact, I'd love to have a steampunk theme SEPARATELY. I'm complaining because they are doing it AS Castle 2016.

While my hopes of having a Fantasy Era 2 theme for Castle in 2016 are almost down to zero, I still have a sliver of hope that the information is not completely true and they'll release them as 2 different instead.

This stuff is sounds totally cool, to be honest. I've always been interested in Steampunk-type builds that are a step above Castle sets technologically. I can't wait to see what they look like!

A few years back, I took one look at the Castle 2013 stuff and passed on it because it was so expected. This upcoming Nexo Knights feels unexpected, and actually seems to be more like an Action/Adventure theme then a purist Castle theme that most people seem to be hoping for.

Got a bit more information, the ultra sets are going to be like the ninjago spinners and Airjitzu type of sets. So no ultra build KK style of sets.

This is interesting info... So we'll get the spinners or whatever they are along with the minifigures and weapons sets? Doesn't sound too bad to me, and if the figures or parts turn out nice, I may buy a few. Otherwise I'll probably stick to buying the regular sets.

Edited by telaruhn

Ok, ok thanks for the reassurance. I'm also confused wiith the fact that their using the soinner concept or spmething similar again.

Ok, ok thanks for the reassurance. I'm also confused wiith the fact that their using the soinner concept or spmething similar again.

They're not spinners, but they have the same idea by both being $10 and having one minifigure with a bunch of accessories.

Got a bit more information, the ultra sets are going to be like the ninjago spinners and Airjitzu type of sets. So no ultra build KK style of sets.

Thanks for all the info amazingbricks! Keep it coming! :wink:

Are you able to find out if the ultra sets are part of some kind of game/gimmick or are they something else entirely? Another poster a couple of pages back mentioned that it would be cool if these were minifigs with knight-like exoskeletons around them. I am asking this because the name of the sets seems not to suggest anything along the lines or spinners or Airjitzu sets as those sets (along with the chima racer sets) had the gimmick as part of the set name itself. Only using the term "Ultra" in front of the character name suggests a powered up version of the character as opposed to a play gimmick.

Thanks for all the info amazingbricks! Keep it coming! :wink:

Are you able to find out if the ultra sets are part of some kind of game/gimmick or are they something else entirely? Another poster a couple of pages back mentioned that it would be cool if these were minifigs with knight-like exoskeletons around them. I am asking this because the name of the sets seems not to suggest anything along the lines or spinners or Airjitzu sets as those sets (along with the chima racer sets) had the gimmick as part of the set name itself. Only using the term "Ultra" in front of the character name suggests a powered up version of the character as opposed to a play gimmick.

This is all I got right now, when I get more info I'll gladly share it.

All I want is a castle theme as historically accurate as possible. Lego could do different eras. Maybe one day, or never. Lol.