KK3? Somebody please shoot me. It's like my worst Lego nightmare coming true.

The thread was moving too fast for me to comment on that one, but I'll sum up by saying that TLGs profits are not my concern. I'm fortunate enough to be a selfish consumer and reserve the right to whine when they don't cater to my tastes.

With that in mind, KK2 was an unmitigated failure whether it made money or not. It's almost universally reviled, and in my opinion, for good reason.

This theme is said to be tied to a TV show. That requires the theme to be action/adventure-heavy. Especially if the TV show is targeted to kids, like Ninjago and Chima.

If I had to choose a past Castle theme to fill that spot, that would be KK2 for sure. (With Fright Knights being a close second).

KK2 has everything for TV Show: named characters (instead of random knights), fantasy/magical element, a good villain (Vladek)...

So, I'm not surprised they revisited a theme with this features when they had to choose the new theme.

KK3? I loved KKII (one of the few!)

Me too! You are not alone! :cry_happy:

Edited by Robert8

From the other thread:

Just2good is a good dude by my reckoning, but as a source for insider info, I have to believe that this is not a question, but a statement. I think we should expect that this is indeed a "future knights" concept.

Fingers crossed for zero steampunkery.

I've wanted castle space for years. I'm not crazy about the ninjago clone aspect - with so much focus on individual characters. I'd rather something like space and castle have been, with nameless combatants. Anyway, if it doesn't scratch my itch I'll just keep MOCing things, but I'm hoping for some really cool parts and design aesthetic outta this, like ninjago has provided.

Jestor sounds like the jokey one of the Nexo Knights. Frankly I hope they are not all knights. In Ninjago we had one samuri with the ninja... until recently. Perhaps one of the heroes will be an archer or something else.

"Jestor" makes me think in something like the LU prismatic jester

Edited by Robert8

This theme is said to be tied to a TV show. That requires the theme to be action/adventure-heavy. Especially if the TV show is targeted to kids, like Ninjago and Chima.

If I had to choose a past Castle theme to fill that spot, that would be KK2 for sure. (With Fright Knights being a close second).

KK2 has everything for TV Show: named characters (instead of random knights), fantasy/magical element, a good villain (Vladek)...

So, I'm not surprised they revisited a theme with this features when they had to choose the new theme.

What does any of that have to do with us getting awesome castle sets, parts and minifigs?

A TV show may need those things, but a theme that delivers on the kinds of things that most of us here value doesn't need a TV show. I tried watching Ninjago and Chima, and it was painful.

Ok I find name AMAZING. According to dictionary Nexo means:

shifting from one form of transportation to another

or

the process of bringing ideas or events together in memory or imagination

So basicaly LEGO! I'm hyped!

My hopes are now below rock bottom for this theme. That's good, though, because if somehow one of the sets or maybe a cool looking fig manages to pique my interest, well hey, pleasant surprise.

I could barely find words to express my disappointment; I find yours perfect to describe mi thoughts.

Maybe this place in Denmark inspired the name. Far in the east of the country, maybe a metaphor for the future...? I have no idea. The place itself looks.... quaint.

(Edit: They do have a nice half-timbered church tower there though. https://en.wikipedia..._Nexø_Kirke.jpg )

https://en.wikipedia...a.org/wiki/Nexø

https://www.google.c...366!2d55.728449

Sounds like a sci-fi word though. Almost everything in Google search results for Nexo is sci-fi or tech company related.

Edited by Naijel

Yeah... castle with some fantasy "slightly steam-punkish" sounds interesting.... now it sounds awful.

I wouldn't hold my breath for elves.

I extracted weight, box sizes and age restrictions from Amazon:

Smaller sets are for age 7-14, and bigger ones are for 8-14.

Size of Battle/Figure Packs:

23,8 x 14,4 x 5,2 cm. Weight around 100g.

Size and weight of regular sets:

70130 Knighton Disc Launchers - 14,1 x 12,2 x 4,6 cm - 109g

70311 Chaos Catapult - 14,1 x 12,2 x 4,6 cm - 127g

70313 Moltor's Lava Launcher - 26,2 x 19,1 x 4,6 cm - 304g

70312 Lance's Robo Horse - 26,2 x 19,1 x 4,6 cm - 281g

70315 Clay's Blade Cruiser - 28,2 x 26,2 x 7,6 cm - 599g

70316 Jestro's Companions of Darkness - 48,8 x 28,2 x 6,1 cm - 744g

Edited by Kalais

Maybe this place in Denmark inspired the name. Far in the east of the country, maybe a metaphor for the future...? I have no idea. The place itself looks.... quaint. They do have a nice half-timbered church tower there though. https://en.wikipedia..._Nexø_Kirke.jpg

https://en.wikipedia...a.org/wiki/Nexø

https://www.google.c...366!2d55.728449

Sounds like a sci-fi word though. Almost everything in Google search results for Nexo is sci-fi or tech company related.

Ok I find name AMAZING. According to dictionary Nexo means:

shifting from one form of transportation to another

or

the process of bringing ideas or events together in memory or imagination

So basicaly LEGO! I'm hyped!

Is it only me or the first thought i got from those words sets like these?

3782952_f6470826-c9d5-11e3-a7b3-78f54908a8c2.jpg1390683107lego_70806_1.jpg

Edited by Alcarin

I think the biggest issue I'm having with what we know so far is that when I hear anything about Sci-fi knights I can't imagine anything capturing that idea better than Star Wars...

I'll reserve judgement for now, I like the idea of getting Robot Horses, but not for castle type stuff, and I would prefer some dragons...at least Elves next year has a distinct dragon theme going on!

wow! nexo knights... I just hope this theme will surprise me ... cause right now I am fearing the worst - it sounds kinda incompatible with my idea of creating a knights kingdom...

;(

I love how some people instantaneously bury this theme without even waiting to see first some pictures and then give it

a final judgment.I have to admit this theme is not what I expected by reading those set names but I'm still curious to see what Lego has cooked up this time around.

Edited by LOTR34

Nexo Knights and robo horses? Aaaaaannnnnd I'm out. :ugh:

Yup... I'm out too.

At least for now, maybe the pics will make it better... Though I doubt that.

Im excited... Ish? just please let the Knights look cool and not the silver helmets again!

This is gonna get merged.

Was it that obvious :laugh:

It will get it's own topic when we've got some more confirmation/news like photo's. :wink:

To me it sounds just too much sci-fi, which crushes my wish to see something like the mill village raid again. And I fear to see something like Knights Kingdom again, which I think was the worst. But time will tell.

I say again, "I have the power!" Castle with sci-fi elements (steampunk is sci-fi) can work. Look at the names we've seen, and then compare them to the character names from the world of Eternia. I likely won't be seeing the show, but the parts possibilities of the sets make me eager.

I would imagine that as long as Nexo Knights lasts there won't be a Castle theme out alongside it.

It does seem as if there is no "castle" planned so far. I'm waiting till pics surface before passing judgement though.

The mixture of Fantasy and Sci-Fi themes is not bad from my point of view :classic:

Perhaps it's because I like both of them and I find very interesting when they meet each others (a la Stargate SG-1, for example)

The nice thing is we can easily modify to sets according to our needs. If we want to go "all Fantasy" I think it wouldn't be difficult to achieve it since the sets would give a perfect base to start with :classic:

Let's hope to get pics soon :classic: