Ok that sounds interesting. Maybe I hope. Sigh. Classic Fantasy Era will be hard to beat.

On an unrelated note. Did all you Castle types get a look at that new Ninjago D2C set? Hanly carp that thing has "secondary target Castle fans" written all over it. It's like the second coming of MMV.

Wow, I hadn't seen that Ninjago temple. I personally am not that into the Asian aesthetic when it comes to Lego, but if I were, that'd be a must-have instant classic.

Did anyone else notice that some LOTR weapons have crossed into Ninjago? I had wondered how many of the molds created for that line would be available for TLG to utilize in other themes. That "elf sword" has always looked like a naginata to me, and this gives me hope that some of the more generic molds may actually show up in future Castle sets. In my Lego Club Magazine, Cole is wielding a weapon that includes the LOTR orc sword (possibly in pearl grey). This, I believe, bodes well for future fantasy lines.

As to the possibility of steampunk elements in a fantasy setting, I would refer you to the writings of China Mieville (can't type the accent mark on my tablet). Sure, the books are very adult, but mixing fantasy and steampunk can work. There are some awesome design potentialities here if, for say, you are not hampered by the limits of medieval architecture.

I eagerly await this theme.

Did anyone else notice that some LOTR weapons have crossed into Ninjago? I had wondered how many of the molds created for that line would be available for TLG to utilize in other themes. That "elf sword" has always looked like a naginata to me, and this gives me hope that some of the more generic molds may actually show up in future Castle sets. In my Lego Club Magazine, Cole is wielding a weapon that includes the LOTR orc sword (possibly in pearl grey). This, I believe, bodes well for future fantasy lines.

As to the possibility of steampunk elements in a fantasy setting, I would refer you to the writings of China Mieville (can't type the accent mark on my tablet). Sure, the books are very adult, but mixing fantasy and steampunk can work. There are some awesome design potentialities here if, for say, you are not hampered by the limits of medieval architecture.

I eagerly await this theme.

Which is one of the worst oversized weapons in LEGO arsenal, absolutely hate it!

Which is one of the worst oversized weapons in LEGO arsenal, absolutely hate it!

I think he is talking about the Uruk-hai sword, not the huge scimitar (which was used way before LotR came around in other themes anyways):

Ninjao-hai.jpg

Ah the Uruk-hai sword was cool, I take it back then, when he said orcs I automatically thought of the scimitar, which is fugly.

Ah the Uruk-hai sword was cool, I take it back then, when he said orcs I automatically thought of the scimitar, which is fugly.

That weapon has always looked ridiculous to me, especially scale-wise.

I wonder why they gave it to goblins - I mean, come on, you've got to be at least an orc brute to wield that thing. :laugh:

Edited by General Magma

I'm eagerly anticipating what the new castle line will be, what I would love to see is some decent looking dragons for a change, I'm sure lot's of people do like the fantasy ones, Smaug, and the Ninjago ones, but they just don't do it for me, the fantasy ones are virtually one piece where as the Ninjago ones look a bit chunky for my liking and the wings don't work for me, now if they could make a brick built dragon design with some more finesse and cloth wings then that would indeed be totally awesome. I'll have to get around to tinkering a bit myself to see if I can come up with a stable and poseable design. I find that Stormbringer's designs look pretty good but no idea how sturdy they are.

I see a red flag, an axe, and some 4(?) dark gray masonry 1x2 bricks. From your post, I had hoped for some rare bits like the Chima set with two lion bricks.

I saw that and smiled at the idea of cheap castle parts packs :-)

Hopefully the other two Castle Mixels have as much variety as the first one. Good marketing decision for Lego on this one. :thumbup:

Next year looks to be very Castle heavy. :classic:

Next year looks to be very Castle heavy. :classic:

Just like this year is full of spooky/halloween themes. Interesting.

The Mixels thing is from the Comic-Con. Check Brickset for more. :wink:

I figured, and I have. Didn't see the Mixels stuff anywhere.

I figured, and I have. Didn't see the Mixels stuff anywhere.

Me either, at least not on Brickset. I saw the schedules for each day but that was about it. I did find this site, which has a bunch of pictures from SDCC though. The Mixels are right after TBBT pics.

You guys talking in nothing but Insider acronyms has actually made me quit reading and participating in all the pinnend topics of this board. Seroiusly, it makes me really aggressive to read it and not being able to understand what the hell you guys are talking about ...

I generally avoid abbreviations but here are the definitions of what I found on this page.

SDCC = San Diego Comic Con

TBBT = The Big Bang Theory

LOTR = Lord of the Rings

MMV = Medieval Market Village

D2C = Direct to Consumer (LEGO exclusives only available at The LEGO Store or Shop@Home.

Edited by Blakstone

This thread is a rather mild version, the middle Earth threads are sometimes absolutely unintelligible and therefore excluding though.

I hate to ask this, but why are the Middle Earth threads still pinned/open? Z said in June that it would be gone soon. :wacko:

I hate to ask this, but why are the Middle Earth threads still pinned/open? Z said in June that it would be gone soon. :wacko:

Beacuse there is some Lord of the Rings sutff coming soon in LEGO Dimensions

SDCC = San Diego Comic Con

TBBT = The Big Bang Theory

LOTR = Lord of the Rings

MMV = Medieval Market Village

D2C = Direct to Consumer (LEGO exclusives only available at The LEGO Store or Shop@Home.

CMF=Collectable Minifigure :classic:

Edited by Robert8