A couple of pages back someone said April; can we get a confirmation on the correct release date anyone?

There is nothing confirmed in this thread, as LEGO hasn't made an official announcement yet

We'll have to wait some months for some official info :sadnew:

A couple of pages back someone said April; can we get a confirmation on the correct release date anyone?

No, because here's the thing: nothing has been confirmed. At this point, it's still all speculation.

No, because here's the thing: nothing has been confirmed. At this point, it's still all speculation.

Rumour & educated speculation. But no, nothing confirmed yet. But I think we all or at least many of us expect that to happen sometime this year! Got plenty of months left...

Rumour & educated speculation

But see, this is the problem. How exactly is it "educated speculation"? Because one person on a forum, whose provenance is entirely unknown, said so?

However . . .

Since this appears to be what people want, and since the fact that someone chooses not to put stock in vague, unsubstantiated, unverifiable hearsay seems to have become such a problem, I will let the rest of you get on with your discussion, and refrain from posting in this thread after this.

I would be inclined to think BrickJagger is telling the truth. He has invested a lot of time and energy on these forums since posting the rumor. Usually people who post fake lists or info make a fake account or only post a few times before disappearing never to be heard from again. Plus there have been a few people saying they have heard the same thing.

At any rate there isn't much use in speculating if he is telling the truth or lying, only he knows. We will all know in a few months when we hear more concrete info about next years releases.

But see, this is the problem. How exactly is it "educated speculation"? Because one person on a forum, whose provenance is entirely unknown, said so?

The "educated speculation" is the talk you get from the long time Lego fan (ie many members on the forum) who has come to know that Castle releases occur with no more than a couple of years' gap, and the type of thing that TLG releases under the Castle theme, and the kind of sets that are released these days.

Seems like we won`t get new wave this summer. Otherwise we`d have already seen some pictures..

Or TLG decided to release it in winter?

This summer was never an option, the earliest possible date is winter/spring 2016.

winter/spring 2016???

Thats a long time from now... :(

winter/spring 2016???

Thats a long time from now... :(

By winter 2016, he means January/February. Still several months out, but hopefully we will get some pictures or something in the next few months to wet our appetites until then.

By winter 2016, he means January/February. Still several months out, but hopefully we will get some pictures or something in the next few months to wet our appetites until then.

So if a new wave of sets is coming in January 2016, then what month would the pictures be likely to appear? July or Mid-Summer probably?

I have heard January from two different store managers from two different stores. I posted the first source some time ago on this thread. I got this original information from asking about the castle line.

Since then I was voluntarily offered the second piece of information from a different LEGO store manager. This one also mentioned that it was likely to come in January. Why did they offer this info? Likely because when castle comes out I buy like 6-20 of each set and they are hoping I will open my wallet again soon. Besides what else can a manager and I talk about while feeling through hundreds of CMF bags to get all of the goblins.

Note that I did not get any info about the type of castle theme being released just that it will be castle and a good sized release.

If the release is in January then expect solid information before September.

I have heard January from two different store managers from two different stores. I posted the first source some time ago on this thread. I got this original information from asking about the castle line.

Since then I was voluntarily offered the second piece of information from a different LEGO store manager. This one also mentioned that it was likely to come in January. Why did they offer this info? Likely because when castle comes out I buy like 6-20 of each set and they are hoping I will open my wallet again soon. Besides what else can a manager and I talk about while feeling through hundreds of CMF bags to get all of the goblins.

Note that I did not get any info about the type of castle theme being released just that it will be castle and a good sized release.

Good to hear DaleDMV! I'm pretty eager to see what they have in mind this run. I've been busy trying to make some Lego Castle minifigures (squad size rather than full army) as I missed out on the sets for the past couple of years.

Nice find! So you're positive that this is a yellow-fig, non licensed, mini-doll-less theme? :wink:

Seven months to go!

Maybe off topic but I bought kingdoms set 7188 King's carriage ambush yesterday at my local toy store. Was surprised to see this set still available (was also the last one) because its from 2011. I recently came out the dark ages so I missed out on the Fantasy era, kingdoms and castle sets. Although the last wave (Castle) has some sets that are still for sale they dont look appealing enough to me. Castle is definitely my favorite theme, I had the full wave of Knight's Kingdom I and some of the viking sets from 2005. The Carriage set I bought is really cool looking. I really like the build and surroundings like the trees they added in the set.

I can't wait for the new castle wave, I hope it will be much better than the last one from 2013. And perhaps something like a viking theme again? Would be awesome :classic:

Also what are your guys opinions on the castle wave from 2013?

Maybe off topic but I bought kingdoms set 7188 King's carriage ambush yesterday at my local toy store. Was surprised to see this set still available (was also the last one) because its from 2011. I recently came out the dark ages so I missed out on the Fantasy era, kingdoms and castle sets. Although the last wave (Castle) has some sets that are still for sale they dont look appealing enough to me. Castle is definitely my favorite theme, I had the full wave of Knight's Kingdom I and some of the viking sets from 2005. The Carriage set I bought is really cool looking. I really like the build and surroundings like the trees they added in the set.

I can't wait for the new castle wave, I hope it will be much better than the last one from 2013. And perhaps something like a viking theme again? Would be awesome :classic:

The main problem with 2013 Castle theme is the sets look "junior/duplo" styled and so they lack the "traits" you may find in the other similar themes, like those you mentioned. Long story short, Castle 2013 is widely considered an undertone theme.

That's what I can say in a very quick statement :classic:

EDIT:

Typo corrected.

Edited by BrickSev

While it was not great, I don't think the 2013 Castle wave was that bad compared to some past Castle waves. I liked it much better than the Power Ranger Knights (no offense to them...just not my thing) but not as good as Vikings, Black Falcon and Fantasy eras. The leg printing and front and back torso printing on the minifigs was top notch and makes the printed armor look better in my opinion. I think what really hurt that line was that most of the builds where colorful and bright and the castle itself had lots of panel pieces while coming out around the same time as the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit sets that were more brick built and not as colorful. The contrast of what was offered in the Castle line compared to what could be done in the LotR/Hobbit lines made the 2013 Castle line have that kids/Juniors look (granted I think younger kids were more the target audience while LotR/Hobbit were more for older kids/teens and older builders) and seeing them on the shelves side by side made that really stand out. If Lego can find a better balance in this upcoming Castle line I think it will do much better than the 2013 line

Edited by omegabob

While it was not great, I don't think the 2013 Castle wave was that bad compared to some past Castle waves. I liked it much better than the Power Ranger Knights (no offense to them...just not my thing) but not as good as Vikings, Black Falcon and Fantasy eras. The leg printing and front and back torso printing on the minifigs was top notch and makes the printed armor look better in my opinion. I think what really hurt that line was that most of the builds where colorful and bright and the castle itself had lots of panel pieces while coming out around the same time as the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit sets that were more brick built and not as colorful. The contrast of what was offered in the Castle line compared to what could be done in the LotR/Hobbit lines made the 2013 Castle line have that kids/Juniors look (granted I think younger kids were more the target audience while LotR/Hobbit were more for older kids/teens and older builders) and seeing them on the shelves side by side made that really stand out. If Lego can find a better balance in this upcoming Castle line I think it will do much better than the 2013 line

Honestly the "juniors style" was the most relevant issue many of us AFOL had with that theme.

I agree with you on the comparison with LOTR/Hobbit sets and "Castle 2013".

I too hope the next Castle line will have a "batter balance" :classic:

Indeed it was the <insert that tiresome argument> aspect of the heraldry that bothered me from the 2013 line. The minifigs were top notch! Even the builds were not too bad in my opinion. However, the builds are never really an issue for me anyway. I see sets as ingredients for my MOCs and little more. However, a better build is nice just for the fact that more sets will be sold and the castle line becomes more profitable for LEGO. Profits lead to more Castle LEGO sets.

When a line gets designed the top ten things I am looking for is

1) nice (and hopefully new) heraldry, color scheme also falls in here

2) nice minifigs

3) new minifig accessories

4) new animals

5) sets good for army building

6) new elements for building

7) sets filled with good parts for MOCing

8) old elements in new colors

9) Good price per parts

10) Well designed sets

In conclusion things that cannot be MOCed end up at the top of my list. I don't care as much about things I can easily change myself.

The thing is so far kingdoms was the best line after Falcons Black Knights and that astonishing Black Knight's Castle...... together with those Outlaws with Den and Forestmen....

The only thing Kingdom lacked was more waves with 1-3 more factions and interesting stuff including some more civilian buildings (Like the Farm)

The thing that turns me off of a theme is the lack of factions, I really want 3+ factions in theme..... now if Im ok with LOTR having 2 factions of Good vs Evil, in made up themes like generic Castle (or pirates and else for that matter) I find it kinda unacceptable, despite understanding the move from TLG point of view.

The thing that turns me off of a theme is the lack of factions, I really want 3+ factions in theme..... now if Im ok with LOTR having 2 factions of Good vs Evil, in made up themes like generic Castle (or pirates and else for that matter) I find it kinda unacceptable, despite understanding the move from TLG point of view.

The thing is, LotR has many factions within each side. Even with the limited releases we got from Lego we still have representations from Rohan, Rivendell, Lothlorien, Mirkwood, Umbar, Undead, Mordor Orcs, and Isengard Uruk-hai (Saruman planned to take the ring for himself so him and Sauron would have clashed eventually given enough time.. and the orcs look NOTHING alike in skin color, size, etc., they just do with general "orc" stuff). Sure some of these only have one or two minifigures for their faction, but they didn't all agree on everything and fight as one army. Heck, in the Hobbit at the Bo5A they almost fight each other before the greater evil comes and they have to join forces!

As per the next Castle wave I agree with you. I liked that Fantasy had several factions, but wish they would have been in each wave. I came out of my dark ages long after all the waves were retired, but even still it would be nice if Lego mixed up each wave and had a few factions. For one it would make the waves more interesting I think. Instead of a bunch of orcs with brown rickety structures vs the knights with gray and (insert heraldry color) in every set, we might also have some dark elves with black and red buildings or vehicles, or dwarves with a different color. It would mix things up. Secondly, it would allow people who might miss a wave to still get their favorite faction later on in other sets.

Another vote for Vikings.

My favorite Lego themes over the years has been Castle or whatever they're calling their medieval themed line. The more realistic the better. Except for dragons. Can never have too many dragons.

I hope I'm not the only one who wants a return of the Fantasy Era sets or something like that. I really do like the idea of having Humans, Trolls and Dwarves in the line and not just Humans. Eleves would be cool but I could use lots of Dwarves for my "army". Hopefully there would be new molds for the beards with more color variations, better helmets and torsos, and hair that fits with the beards. That would be amazing! It'll probably never happen though so oh well.

So far, what is the most speculated castle theme?

According to the OP the upcoming theme will be fantasy based. I have not heard anything on this matter. I would imagine this is correct. The last two themes were all human. The fantasy era from 2007-2009 was a more popular line according to what I have heard about sales. Finally TLG had a designer do a seminar at Brickworld where he said in no uncertain way that kids flat out like sets with two obvious sides. One good and one bad. They also by far prefer the baddies to be fantasy elements.

I think we got the human vs human castle themes over the last 5 years because of LOTR/Hobbit. I would expect the castle theme to be more fantasy and less realistic moving into the future.

Another factor is that "big gray castle" sets no longer sell as well as anticipated. Previously, the main market for the castle theme was Germany; however, according to some recent sales data I've heard about, German kids these days prefer Star Wars - in fact, the German market has become eerily similar to the US one. So it would make sense (in my opinion) to stray away from the human-centric sets in favor of something more fantasy oriented and more colorful.