I would love to see Heroica-like setting- 4 cliched RPG heroes that have to slay evil that kidnapped the king.

White paladin, Red wizard, Green Archer and Yellow Barbarian.

Too clever for TLG, though it`s very interesting idea.

I would love to see Heroica-like setting- 4 cliched RPG heroes that have to slay evil that kidnapped the king.

White paladin, Red wizard, Green Archer and Yellow Barbarian.

After Heroica, I had hoped the next Castle theme would go that way since it was a pretty generic (tho awesome) Kingdoms theme while Heroica was around... sorta "Fantasy Era 2.0". Gobins, Golems, Zombies, Werewolves, Vampires, a Dark Druid... then there's nobility and heroic Knights, Thieves, Wizards, Sages, Druids, Barbarians, and Rangers. I've seen folks make custom versions of many of those 'classes', but official versions would be awesome... with the color-coding, they could easily fit into a Ninjago-like Castle theme (with structures & siege weapons rather than crazy vehicles, perhaps). Red wizard, black thief, blue ranger, yellow barbarian, white sage, dark-tan druid, gold king, silver knight, dark blue prince... even if just as inspiration for a hero-based fantasy theme, KKII done right (and not so "jelly bean" in execution, especially with the grunts), it could probably be a lot of fun.

But that'd put too much emphasis on the heroes, perhaps, and I'd love something with more civilians... and elves. And dwarves. And goblins/trolls/orcs. And golems, like in Nuju Metru's Dragon Lands theme. :classic:

No, really, that's all I got. All the people I know are under NDAs, so cryptic hints are as much as I'm going to get.

"Start saving money, you have some huge expenses coming"

Another hint ;)

We always have huge expenses lol :wink:

Btw I'll gladly welcome expenses related to a new Castle them for sure :classic:

Well that's encouraging. Think we'll get details this summer or have to wait until 2016 toy fair?

It really depends on whether this is a January 2016 or Summer 2016 wave. From the rumors, I would guess it is January so we might have set descriptions by the fall.

Well that's encouraging. Think we'll get details this summer or have to wait until 2016 toy fair?

Being January the release date, I'd say we should expect some info around july/august. But the official confirmation should come earlier

"Start saving money, you have some huge expenses coming"

Another hint ;)

That's a hint for every LEGO theme :laugh:

My order of preferrence would be:

1) Fantasy: alongside the obligatory Humans, also some:

a) Dwarfs - more recolors of the beards we have so far, as well as a dwarf helm in gunmetal or pearl dark gray or a similar color

b) Orcs - Im hoping for a continuatiomn of the Fantasy Trolls (sand green skin, red eyes) for compatibility

c) Zombies as a more interesting alternative to Skellies - what would knock the coolness meter off the charts would be torn and dirty torsos of previous factions

d) Elves - not too keen on them, but they have been a long time coming, so why not

2) Heroica in minifig scale - basically for the minifig prints

3) a Middle-Eastern or Far Eastern Castle theme, like PoP (but yellow) or the 1998 Ninja theme (but based more on China). No "European" Factions so no worry of taking sides in a good vs evil narrative.

4) Vikings: I think supernatural enemies (dragons, sea serpents, werewolves, frost giants, etc) are more likley than Human enemies. Pitting them against Native Americans or English as some have suggested is a no go - no invoking real-life rivalries. As for the creatures, I would hope for a more organic look, rather than the robotic/skeletal look of the creatures from the previous line. And I would hope for hornless helmets.

5) an "Antiquity" theme with heroes pitted against (basically Greek) mythological monsters

6) a regular human vs human theme. Would not be bad news, but the last two themes have been like this and id like to see something new. But if not, Id be all over a Wolfpack-style faction. Forestmen, not so much, unless they would be fighting an evil king, which would be a first for TLG (not counting Vladek).

For the factions in an hypotetical Fantasy Era II, I'd choose:

a-) Goblins

b-) Giants

c-) Forest Maidens

d-) Centaurs

e-) Undeads

And the humans, of course...

Ok, I just bought all the pirate sets since there is no castle this year... but... if I have to stack money I do it... I usually spend a lot of money on CMFs but I'm not totally into either Simpsons CMF2 or CMF 14 / Halloween... so I accept this challenge and I'm in.

c) Zombies as a more interesting alternative to Skellies - what would knock the coolness meter off the charts would be torn and dirty torsos of previous factions

WOW! This would quite possibly be the coolest thing to ever happen to Lego Castle!

I can instantly see how this could look, and the thought of an undead army composed of various past factions sounds amazing!

WOW! This would quite possibly be the coolest thing to ever happen to Lego Castle!

I can instantly see how this could look, and the thought of an undead army composed of various past factions sounds amazing!

Agreed. Plus, in the event you don't want a zombie army, you could have zombie members of the regular army. Imagine crownies with zombies in their midst!

I like zombie-soldiers idea, but If Lego will go thatway they will make it the way they do any other faction- one heraldy, 3-4 diferent toros, unique breastplate.

I would like acompletly new crazy enemies. How about...dryads and wood people?

Ok, I just bought all the pirate sets since there is no castle this year... but... if I have to stack money I do it... I usually spend a lot of money on CMFs but I'm not totally into either Simpsons CMF2 or CMF 14 / Halloween... so I accept this challenge and I'm in.

How are the new pirate sets? I had the impression the were a bit "undertone", especially from an AFOL point of view :classic:

I have no interest in the Simpsons Minifigures and sets too but I have so many other projects I don't know if I can "accept the challenge" lol :classic:

I like zombie-soldiers idea, but If Lego will go thatway they will make it the way they do any other faction- one heraldy, 3-4 diferent toros, unique breastplate.

Agreed. While this idea would be AMAZING for us AFOLs, it would probably be lost on younger kids who weren't even alive when the older factions were released. To make it worse it would probably just confuse them. Why do some soldiers have a falcon on their chest, some a wolf, some a dragon, some a lion, etc. when they are all zombies supposed to be together?

Agreed. While this idea would be AMAZING for us AFOLs, it would probably be lost on younger kids who weren't even alive when the older factions were released. To make it worse it would probably just confuse them. Why do some soldiers have a falcon on their chest, some a wolf, some a dragon, some a lion, etc. when they are all zombies supposed to be together?

Perhaps something more limited might turn up, a single zombie with a grimy Crusader torso in some new Crusader/Kingdoms-esque rampant-lion theme, so kids can pretend it's an older version of the heraldry but AFOLs would enjoy the homage to the '80s. Or, it could just be a one-off randomly inserted into a set, sorta like the Aquaraiders II-helmeted skeleton in the Atlantis theme.

I think that a zombie faction could be made as long as they all have the same shield. The only "new" weapons would be the shields, making it possible to have different torsos but still look like they are part of the same faction.

Additionally, some of the older factions look similar and kids wouldn't really bother to distinguish differences in insignias (some don't even have one) among the torsos. :classic:

zombies are not gonna happen lol. Has anyone been wondering what the new shield mold from cmf egyptian will be used for? hmmmm