Perhaps those themes would do a lot better if LEGO didn't treat them as a one-wave load of mediocre material and effort.

Yeah I am not saying that space and castle would not sell well if Lego went all out on them but I am not sure Lego are willing to go all out on them.

I would like to set the record straight here. Thetang22, I don't take offense to what you or SMC said. I was only attempting to tell you guys that I am in no way stretching the truth or lying in what I have said.

I do understand that it is not set in stone that there will be a theme next year, but I like to have hope. :wink:

Also, SMC, why don't you go and ask a store employee about Castle sets? That way, this thread would actually have rumors in it so it can suit your needs. I'm sure that if everyone here did that, we could piece together a general idea of what will be coming out next year. :grin:

^ Because I dont think even store managers know what is coming in a years time. I do talk to them and they know me. They help me with info on what's happening next month or how much stock they have or are getting. They have not yet told me about a set I didn't know about already.

BrickJagger, you seem like a cool guy and please believe me when I say that this is not a personal attack. The other responses here are right: you are coming off as defensive and treating what everyone agrees is rumor as fact. I want this rumor to be true, but you have to expect and accept skepticism until something more concrete validates the rumor. Just some friendly advice.

BrickJagger, you seem like a cool guy and please believe me when I say that this is not a personal attack. The other responses here are right: you are coming off as defensive and treating what everyone agrees is rumor as fact. I want this rumor to be true, but you have to expect and accept skepticism until something more concrete validates the rumor. Just some friendly advice.

I'm aware it's a rumor, and I appreciate your advice. :thumbup:

However, I'm not sure I understand why people seem reluctant to find info. If people want more info, they should make an effort to find some, right? :laugh:

How about we P.M. some people you think have "contacts" and ask them to inquire about this rumor? That seems like a reasonable way to get info and it would leave everyone happy.

I, for one, dread flame wars and don't like to be involved in them. I didn't want to start one, I was just curious why everyone doubted me (and the others). :shrug_confused: I am not angry at anyone here, and trust me when I say that.

I think that we should make skeptics into believers and try to find out more info following what I said above. That would be a great way to get this thread back on topic. :knight:

If Castle is actually returning on early 2016, I expect a confirmation soon... like 1 or 2 months.

We'll need to wait a little longer to know if it's actually a reboot of Fantasy Era

I was just curious why everyone doubted me (and the others)

For what it's worth, I personally don't doubt you. I just think that as the thread went on, you were getting a little too eager to be right, and didn't care to wait for official evidence to validate your claim.

At this point, we just wait for more info to trickle in, and hope for something of substance. In the meantime, it's kind of a wishlist type thread between bits of substance.

After people has posted fake lists for minifigures occurrencies in the CMF line, after people already foretold Fantasy Era II, I am doubtful not in your word BrickJagger, but in the store manager's.

After all you're simply trusting someone who can both be wrong and right on this topic... who knows?

Perhaps he relies on someone else who simply created the rumour from scratch so both are in good faith but neither is right.

Only time will tell.

^ Because I dont think even store managers know what is coming in a years time. I do talk to them and they know me. They help me with info on what's happening next month or how much stock they have or are getting. They have not yet told me about a set I didn't know about already.

For the last time, Lego store managers DO know things far in advance.. I am a former Lego store employee and when i worked there i blabbed the release of POTC and Lotr. Managers are sent to conferences where they are shown this stuff. My manager said he hates knowing because he cant tell anyone about it. "liability issue"

Here is hoping that BrickJagger proves to be one of the trusted sources around here; if his store manager likes to talk then we can get some more information out of him, maybe even for other themes.

Here is hoping that BrickJagger proves to be one of the trusted sources around here; if his store manager likes to talk then we can get some more information out of him, maybe even for other themes.

If manager is so chatty then he may reveal a lot of info in the future, if he is actually "leaking" any info :wink:

The question is: will they allow him to do that? There are companies (GW, just to mention one) that would swiftly intervene with their "hammer" :classic:

BrickSev: there is no way they can trace his leaks and discover which store manager is responsible for them as long as BrickJagger doesn’t reveal where he shops. Bothan spies should learn how to cover up their traces or else we lose them. :wink:

BrickSev: there is no way they can trace his leaks and discover which store manager is responsible for them as long as BrickJagger doesn’t reveal where he shops. Bothan spies should learn how to cover up their traces or else we lose them. :wink:

That's in theory. They could have many way to keep the "rumors" under control. They easiest would be reduce the number of info given to managers if the leaks become too frequent ( I'm talking on larger scale now not just about that manager, of course ) That's what GW does, for example.

Also I once read Apple put new employees to work on "fake" projects just to see if they leak something. I don't know if it is just an "urban legend" but sometimes it can explain why we got leaks about things that never happened :classic:

Anyway "tracking" the single manager's activity will be very hard, for sure, so I guess he does not have to worry about losing his job :classic:

I'm hoping that is there is a reboot, they add more Dwarves and hopefully a new variety of beards for them. This would be extremely helpful for my Dwarf army and for Guilds of Historica! :classic:

I am hoping for more dwarves, orcs, goblins or trolls as well as more human factions. I think it would be neat if there were a dark Elf faction similar to the Dark Elves from Thor: The Dark World. I am not sure how parents or children would receive such a faction though I think it could be pulled off. It would also add some variety to all the good elves we have from LOTR, the Hobbit and the CMF elf. An undead (zombie-like) faction could be neat also. I would prefer things not get too crazy with lizardmen and such as I think that is very similar to Chima which does not appeal to me at all. Regardless of what we get (hopefully) in 2016 I am hoping for nice, intricate heraldry and colors more similar to LOTR and the hobbit and less like Castle 2013. As someone mentioned I think bear heraldry would be pretty neat.

Your mention of an undead faction made me think of my Magic the Gathering cards, specifically the Llanowar Dead card. It is a zombie elf. I haven't played in years, but I am looking at them now.

I doubt Lego would go that far, but there is much they can do better now.

^ Lego has prodeced a few zombie sets in the past so the idea is not too far fetched. The question is whether or not they would put a zombie faction in the castle theme. If the zombies were led by a necromancer king/wizard, and of course have armor and weapons, it would not be too different than the 2007 Skeleton faction which I believe did very well. Regardless of the exact factions Lego does choose I hope that they stick with the theme for several years and flesh the factions out. I think fantasy era II could be awesome, but again, please no weird Chima-like animal factions and no bright, blinding colors.

But LEGO already did that in Fantasy Era with the skletons faction.

The Evil Wizard was some sort of necromancer controlling them (as far as I can remember).

Right that's my point. It's a tried and true formula. It's been almost 9 years since the skeleton faction. It would make sense for them to use the same formula but with zombies instead of skeletons. I just think it would be awesome to have undead zombie Knights.

Right that's my point. It's a tried and true formula. It's been almost 9 years since the skeleton faction. It would make sense for them to use the same formula but with zombies instead of skeletons. I just think it would be awesome to have undead zombie Knights.

I have zero problems with that idea. I don't love the skellies from a minifigure perspective, but some kind of zombie/drauger kind of thing would be cool.

I, for one, dread flame wars and don't like to be involved in them. I didn't want to start one, I was just curious why everyone doubted me (and the others).

It's because over the years a number of people have claimed stuff and some of it was totally made up. Usually if it's a new member, and they suddenly have super secret inside info, it's not a good sign. We had several LotR lists that were suppose to be official sets coming out and nothing ever came of most of them. Heck, we most likely aren't even getting a wave three.

That's not to say EVERYONE is lying, but more often than not that seems to be the case for new members as they have nothing to lose when their claims turn out to be false. Big whoopty doo, they had 3 posts and can easily go into hiding with little to no backlash. Of course, like you say, everyone has to start somewhere and you very well could be telling us the truth. But then maybe your manager was the one mistaken and lying? You just never know with these sorts of things.

On the bright side, if this does turn out to be true you will gain credibility and the next time you give us info it will be met with much less skepticism so there is always that to look forward to.

I would like some aspects kept the same, but I don't want a total re-hash. I know a lot of people keep saying they don't want Lizardmen because they are too similar to Chima, but I think a color change (red or blue) with tails and a single molded head piece would differentiate them quite a bit from the crocodile faction. Plus the faces would look different regardless and they wouldn't have the Chi crystal things on their chest. I think they would be a big hit with kids too.

Regardless I would like to see some new factions. Humans are pretty much a given if Lego does another fantasy Castle line, as are some sort of goblins/orcs/trolls. They never have had their own yellow elf faction faction or drow/dark elves so that would be cool. Dwarves have also been done before.. but they seem like a pretty popular choice.

I don't know about the zombies faction idea... we just got some zombies in Monster Fighters, and there is another one in the Scooby Doo theme and CMF Series 14 is like 50% zombies.

Enough is enough...

Actually, I don't think this theme will have an "undead" faction at all because, as I just said, there will be 2 lines monster-themed around: Scooby Doo and CMF Series 14

I would prefer LEGO to explore new factions never before seen, like giants

Edited by Robert8

I guess that makes sense that it is unlikely there will be any zombie faction. However I am glad to hear that cmf 14 should have several! I'll get several of those. I am rooting for dark elves like in Thor: a The Dark World than. I am still very skeptical of any weird animalistic faction such as lizardmen, it's a little too out there for me. Im not against innovation I can just see it being something so "thinking outside the box" that it's the equivalent of KKIII. Giants could be interesting.