I have not seen all the monster figs. I hope one has some castle usefulness

One is a female ogre\Cyclops. Not super relevant, but I did throw her in one of my dungeons, lol.

At least Series 12 and Series 13 of CMF brought 6 amazing Castle/Fantasy minifigures!

Sadly, Series 14 won't follow the trend since it will be halloween themed

I have the king from the New cmf line, he is pretty cool. One day he shall have a castle to rule over, but until that day he remains locked up in my 70404 dungeon,..

One is a female ogre\Cyclops. Not super relevant, but I did throw her in one of my dungeons, lol.

I have the king from the New cmf line, he is pretty cool. One day he shall have a castle to rule over, but until that day he remains locked up in my 70404 dungeon,..

You really like dungeons, it seems lol :wink:

Btw I have more kings than "citizens". It was expected with 2 full boxes. If I only could find my old Castle sets and Minifigures. They are missing but I know they should be in some old box. I collected so many things since I was very, very young the place where I keep all those old boxes looks like the "warehouse" from Raiders of the Lost Ark, well a smaller version :classic:

^ I actually have more citizens than Kings, as I only have the 2010 and 2013 Kings. However, my Knights (90's and 2000's) greatly outnumber my peasants, about 140 to 20. :hmpf_bad:

I display all of my Lego sets on tables so I can easily modify the layout of the various themes. I'm only using my newer knights right now, so I have the Red Dragons and Blue Lions on one table and the Red Lions, Green Dragons and a few FE guys on the other. :wink: I'm already thinking of ways to rearrange my layout to accommodate 2016 FEII sets because I've started to realize that I'm running out of room......quickly :grin:

I'm really excited for Castle 2016. The only issue is, Lego usually alternates between Castle and Pirates every 6-7 years. For example, 2007-2009 was Fantasy Castle, and then we had 2009 - 2011 Pirates with PotC, Pirates, and Imperial Flagship. Then we had 6 years of LotR, The Hobbit, and Castle. The point I'm trying to make is that we won't have a Castle line until the discontinuation of Pirates, and any associated licensed sets. Now we have Pirates 2015, and we should expect a big ship or a second wave in 2016, and then a second wave 2016 or first wave 2017 PotC line to coincide with the new movie. So I'd expect Castle to happen 2017 minimum.

I'm really excited for Castle 2016. The only issue is, Lego usually alternates between Castle and Pirates every 6-7 years. For example, 2007-2009 was Fantasy Castle, and then we had 2009 - 2011 Pirates with PotC, Pirates, and Imperial Flagship. Then we had 6 years of LotR, The Hobbit, and Castle. The point I'm trying to make is that we won't have a Castle line until the discontinuation of Pirates, and any associated licensed sets. Now we have Pirates 2015, and we should expect a big ship or a second wave in 2016, and then a second wave 2016 or first wave 2017 PotC line to coincide with the new movie. So I'd expect Castle to happen 2017 minimum.

Thats not accurate

^^ There were Castle sets in 2009 alongside Pirates, and there were Kingdoms waves in 2010 and 2011 alongside POTC. This is the first ever year with Pirates and without Castle. Pirates and Castle don't affect each other, they aren't even close to being the same. :wink: The only reason that the Castle offerings have been light the last few years is the Hobbit.

Also, if you read the whole thread, you'll see that several people here (Including me :classic: ) have posted confirmation of a Castle theme next year. We pretty much know there will be one, the only thing we are waiting for is to see the release date and what's in the sets.

Edited by BrickJagger

Well- that was a big mistake. I probably should've done a bit more research than my own anecdotal evidence. :wacko: Anyways, I really can't wait for new Castle sets. Hopefully there's a bit more Nordic influence than typical Medieval european fantasy. I'd love to see Draugrs instead of the typical skeletons. And maybe some more fabric fur pieces like the CMF Hun warrior.

So when is the earliest we will most likely see pictures or get descriptions of the upcoming sets? Summer 2015? Or late fall/winter 2015? I wanna know what they will look like and what will be included so I can decide to start saving or not...

So when is the earliest we will most likely see pictures or get descriptions of the upcoming sets? Summer 2015? Or late fall/winter 2015? I wanna know what they will look like and what will be included so I can decide to start saving or not...

As a newer member around here, I would also like to know the answer to this. I'm already planning on getting another castle at some point in the future (Christmas probably being the earliest, since I literally just bought one). So I would like to know if I'm going back and getting an old set or waiting for next year, but in order to do that I need to see the New sets.

Depends when the sets are coming out. If it is the usual castle time, then we will see complete sets at the 2016 toy fairs but perhaps leaked pics late this year.

I've only been registered here for about a month, but I've been browsing this forum since about 2010, so I think I've seen enough to the point that I can give you an educated answer.

If the new sets are coming out in the spring, I'd expect leaks to start around August-September. If it's a summer wave, I think the leaks will come October-December at the latest. Lego might be tightening their securities, though, because the summer leaks for this year were only revealed in almost January.

From what I've been told (by two different people) and the accounts of a couple of others who shared info, I think we will be waiting about 4 or 5 months for set leaks, as I am 99 percent sure that this new theme will be a spring wave.

*Random thought* what if the new theme has not one, but two waves next year? *oh2* If a wave of Castle comes out in the spring, there would probably be another one in the summer. Themes that come out exclusively in the summer exist, but themes that only come out in the spring? :wink:

I am aware that Castle has taken a backseat to the Lotr/Hobbit/fiasco/controversy/wishlist-filled posts/flame wars/thing <-- :tongue: over the past three years, but I think that a two-waves-in-one-year approach by Lego to bring back Castle would make perfect sense. :thumbup:

Thoughts?

Two waves in a single year would be nice, but I am not too concerned with it. I just hope it's like the last Fantasy Era theme where it last a few years and we get several waves total.

I like a lot of the Star Wars sets that were recently released or that are coming up so I have considered getting back into that theme. If the new Castle theme is like the 2013 one, I probably won't bother with it. If it's like the FE one, I will be all over it and pass on the Star Wars. That's why I want to know what's coming out. I don't really have interest in trying to keep up with two themes considering I am a completionst and love army building.

Edited by Deathleech

I do hope future Castle sets are like the fantasy ones from 2008. As an AFOL, I'm not interested in sets that are too strange or unrealistic for a castle theme, but the fantasy line in 2008 was amazing. The troll battle wheel has no use in my MOCs, but looks very cool. I had to have it in my collection when it came out.

If we were to get another wave like 2013, I''ll have to pass. The line was too boring.

Let me be the first to say I am not sure we will get any sets next year!

You aren't the first to show scepticism.

It is hard to count your roosters before they hatch. I believe we will likely get a Castle line in 2016, but despite rumors from LEGO Store employees, I wouldn't guarantee it. So it is way to early for me to think there would be two waves in a year.

Chima is retiring this year. If LEGO was to use Castle as a replacement AND they had a TV show tie-in, then I could see multiple waves in a year. I just would worry that the prints would be <insert that tiresome argument>. I don't care if the builds are since I will scrap the builds shortly after building them.

You can be a skeptic, but not without a reason to be one. :wink:

I'd like to know why you aren't sure. What would be stopping Lego from making a Castle line next year? Something to think about. :thumbup:

You can be a skeptic, but not without a reason to be one. :wink:

I'd like to know why you aren't sure. What would be stopping Lego from making a Castle line next year? Something to think about. :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure the skepticism has more to do with the source(s), and less to do with the actual possibility of getting a new line.

As mentioned before, getting people on a forum to claim "I heard a guy say...." is the sort of thing you have to take with a grain of salt. The fact that multiple people are admitting comparable things adds some credibility to the claim, but doesn't prove it's true. The only thing that makes it true is an official announcement or product leaks.

^ This is the reason. I also find it odd that out of all the reports none are from people who we know are in the know.

Lego has being putting out castle ever other year so we are due for a new wave that's mostly certain. The theme however who knows. All the talk of fanstsy wave I take with a grain of salt. I wouldn't be surprised if we got another lion dragon theme

^ This is the reason. I also find it odd that out of all the reports none are from people who we know are in the know.

This "If you aren't an insider you know nothing" stereotype I see around here really bugs me. Just because I'm not someone who digs down deep to find info doesn't mean I'm wrong. You probably don't know anyone else here personally (or have seen them in person for that matter), but yet you trust one anonymous user more than another? :wacko:

Your excuse could be "But they've been right before!". Well, everyone has to start somewhere, right? :wink:

Another fact is that these reports have actually come from multiple continents. It's not just one person.

So how about you go out and ask someone "In the know" about this and see what they think, If you're so worried about us being wrong.

Also, one of these "In the know" people would have had to have heard their rumors from another person, right? Therefore, the people who say rumors here are insufficient simply because it's a He Said She Said deal are incorrect. All sources here get their rumors from someone higher up. Unless a leaker here heard something form Knudstorp himself, it must be wrong, right?

I'm sorry if that sounded harsh, but there was no other way to get that across. Please understand.

Why do you take such offense to this, Brickjagger? Nobody is saying "you don't know anything"...what they are saying is "you aren't credible.......yet".

Even you state that everybody has to start somewhere. Do you think all of the people on here who are considered credible had immediate positive reception when they first made claims that weren't yet proven? I seriously doubt it.

The unfortunate part to your stance is that you are going out of your way to treat this as though it's already officially proven, and getting frustrated that people are questioning it. Let's be clear....despite how many sources say so, Fantasy Era 2 in 2016 is NOT official or proven at this point in time. It may come to be, and if that ends up being so, you will earn some credibility like you are seeking. Until then....you will have to acknowledge that people are taking this with a grain of salt until it comes to pass. The more you try to insist this is a guarantee, the more people are going to resist until official proof. That is just the way it is.

Thanks thetang22 you put it better than I would have. I trust the people I trust on this site because they have shown themselves to be trustworthy which is not to say everyone else is lying. thetang22 is also right that BrickJagger response does make me even more resistant to this.

I don't think unlicensed themes like castle and space (the non city evergreen themes if you like) have done too well recently with 2013 castle and galaxy squad even the very good alien conquest didn't get a second run. So I think if we see anything it will be on the small side like pirates and not very impressive.

Now the one interesting thought and it is only that is if there is going to be an in house replacement for chima with a big push. This would be unlike to be normal castle and it would have a twist.

But in other parts of this website this topic would have been closed as it is not a 2016 wish list or is it a rumour with a source. For example the jurassic world topic was closed even after chris pratt said he had seen his minifig.

Man, all this over what one member reports that a LEGO store manager said Castle 2016 will happen?

Speculation is fine, but let's be a bit intelligent here and not take any suggestion as fact until we have something official.

I have some reliable sources and I have yet to hear anything official.

This was said by a mod on page 12, 9 pages ago!

Edited by SMC

I don't think unlicensed themes like castle and space (the non city evergreen themes if you like) have done too well recently with 2013 castle and galaxy squad even the very good alien conquest didn't get a second run. So I think if we see anything it will be on the small side like pirates and not very impressive.

Perhaps those themes would do a lot better if LEGO didn't treat them as a one-wave load of mediocre material and effort.