These instructions are online, but still very usable. Link Just click theme or number, search the set you want, and bingo.

Thanks for this. How much money is saved if you were to build a castle vs just buying the set? The 2nd kings castle (the grey one) for example?

Thanks for this. How much money is saved if you were to build a castle vs just buying the set? The 2nd kings castle (the grey one) for example?

Captain Pirate Man, in the interest of keeping this thread on topic, I am responding in a private message but the short of it is you can usually build your own cheaper if you are willing to put the time into it and possibly make some minor substitutions.

This whole Castle 2016 business seems to me like it's just as speculative as a future LOTR wave except that even though I think the rumors are largely baseless, it will likely be true to some degree anyway. I wouldn't expect LEGO to leave a gap this large around for more than a year and I expect the Hobbit sets will be retired even earlier than usual so a castle-ish theme next year makes sense. I don't see much reason to discuss it now other than wishful thinking but wishful thinking is an enjoyable enough pastime.

I'm still trying to coax more info out of the guy I talked to before, he seems to like to reveal info very slowly. Odd....... :look:

I'm still trying to coax more info out of the guy I talked to before, he seems to like to reveal info very slowly. Odd....... :look:

I appreciate your effort to get info but..... you're stalking the guy..... :look:

I appreciate your effort to get info but..... you're stalking the guy..... :look:

:blush: I guess what I said came out wrong, huh? It's just a conversation, and I'm trying to divert people from getting too far off topic. :wink:

If I find nothing, I will probably won't post on this thread for awhile. It's almost baseball season :classic:

KKII was a pretty junionized theme, loosely based on a pretty childish TV show called "King Arthur and the Knights of Justice", where each knight had an animal as his crest: falcon, lion, black panther, eagle, dragon, sphinx, kraken, .... (I remember one of the knight's name was Sir Brick :laugh: )

That's why it was perceived as bad by AFOLs

just seeing the still shots make me go blaaahhh

Edited by kabel
Please do not quote pics!

If I could get my hands on the instructions I would do it that way. But even the instructions to this set seem to be going for over 30 bucks. He'll I can just buy another gatehouse raid for less than that. Too bad it isn't easier to get copies of these old instructions, that would really help in the "build your own" department.

You can get high-quality instructions of that set from LEGO's own website.

I was looking on ClassicCastle.com, and someone there found this http://kocka.hu/Lego_LM0001/LEGO_Minifigurak_-_Lovag_csomag_1._%283_minifiguraval%29

This certainly is strange, I've never seen unprinted shields like that. :oh: The site also has some foam shields and things that I have never seen before, all with the Castle 2013 logos.

Does you guys think that these will be available at any point this year? :classic:

Hmm, isn't that one of those "build your own minifigure" found at Lego shops?

Seems like they have put them together there and now selling them!

Edited by Mencot

Hmm, isn't that one of those "build your own minifigure" found at Lego shops?

Seems like they have put them together there and now selling them!

Yes, same here.

The plain standard shields have also been available in the online PAB for many years.

And in some sets that used stickers instead of printing, like 10176-1 Royal King's Castle that used stickers of the KKI heraldries.

Man, I've never encountered such good castle parts in the build a fig area. It's always hula girl torsos and ice skater legs.

I got more than a few of those parts in the BAM bar.

I bought a set last month... got an extra Bob the Foreman head, two semi-unique heads from the Fairground Mixer, 3 spiky brown "Sleepyhead" hairpieces, 3 Evil Dwarf torsos, and some dark brown legs. Plus a Viking shield and two microphones for a pair of CMF Sax Players. Worth the price just for the hairpieces alone, when I checked BL after I got home! :grin:

...and 3 more torsos to add to my Evil Dwarf army...muahahahahaha!

Do you guys think that these ......sets (?) will ever be sold in stores? I really need the shields for my knights who don't have any.

Do you guys think that these ......sets (?) will ever be sold in stores? I really need the shields for my knights who don't have any.

I doubt it. They look very 'unpolished'

The castle theme is as of today officially missing from the LEGO.com website. All current castle sets are now also sold out.

The castle theme is as of today officially missing from the LEGO.com website. All current castle sets are now also sold out.

It depends... In CZ, I can see 'castle' menu and 850888 is also Available now...

The icon is still there on the products page, but I expect that to be gone soon. Also, all Lotr sets besides Orthanc and all Hobbit sets besides the newest ones are also sold out.

It seems that Lego is clearing the way for several new themes next year, as at least nine themes are being discontinued this year (UA, Castle, Chima, Life of George, HF, Lego Movie, Lotr, TNMT, Hobbit) with only four to replace them (Elves, Pirates, Classic, Bionicle).