Why not?

Until all this stuff is confirmed by product leaks, or an official announcement, all the "he said/she said" stuff has to be taken with a grain of salt....that's just the way it works.

I use the brickforge viking helmet. Not purist. But way better than horns.

I've got a few of those, but they cover so much of the face print because nose/eye-guard goes down so far, and they don't really work with beards for the same reason (besides the Fusebot/Prospector/Swamp-Crook beard, anyway). That does remind me, tho, that I haven't made a Viking/Rohirrim-type with that helmet and one of those beards yet...oooo.....

I hope new castles are coming. Castle and pirates are my 2 favorite themes, and to be honest I'm a little disappointed with the current pirate theme. The ship just do much for me. But hopefully the blue coats can get a good flagship in the near future.

Even though the last castle theme was unimpressive by most accounts, I kinda like it tbh. But in my opinion Lego has never had a bad castle line. Sure the 2013 line wasn't as good as the 80s and 90s stuff, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's good qualities. I'm sure the same can be said for the current pirate line, but I just haven't seen it in the first wave...

By the way, does anyone else mix their pirate and castle sets together like I do? I know it's not historically accurate, but having pirate ships and castles in the same "world" makes for a fun time.

But in my opinion Lego has never had a bad castle line.

By the way, does anyone else mix their pirate and castle sets together like I do? I know it's not historically accurate, but having pirate ships and castles in the same "world" makes for a fun time.

Oh yes they have!

And never that's blasphemy.

Buy we already had some sort of pirate set with in Fantasy Era

7048-1.jpg

They are like..... troll pirates.... if that makes any sense

Oh yes they have!

And never that's blasphemy.

It may be blasphemy, but you gotta admit that the castle lines have produced better "fort" type locations than the pirates line. I had the Imperial trading post as a kid, and that one was pretty good, but still not as good as a castle.

I knew I would get some crap for mixing the themes, lol. But I figured why not mix? Castles and kings still existed in the 1600 and 1700 hundreds. The only things that were no longer prevelant were the knights and catapults. I just use the knights for castle guards, and give them a musket.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

I thought you were going to show this one, the skeleton captain even has a pirate hat:

7029-1.jpg

In my Legoverse, Pirates roam the seas and attack the poor guys (red coats, blue coats, Crusaders, Lions, Black Falcons) who live by the coast. Castle factions don't usualy live that near to it. Gunpowder is Pirate stuff, though. Honorable fighters don't rely in something so perverse :tongue:

Back on topic: We have to take everything with a grain of salt. There's nothing we can do against fact, and fact will only be here when sets are released.

We can dream (and make wishlists!), though. I like to think that by posting here what we woul like to see we are making ourselves heard, at least somewhat.

The easter egg knights were not great but ok

If by "ok" you mean "terrible", I and the rest of the AFOL community agree with you.

I thought you were going to show this one, the skeleton captain even has a pirate hat

Yeah, that one too! I forgot about it! :laugh:

Edited by kabel
Please do not quote pics

The first wave of KKII figures did require some modification, but the shields, armor and visors were a great boon for those who like diversity in their castle figs.

The first wave of KKII figures did require some modification, but the shields, armor and visors were a great boon for those who like diversity in their castle figs.

That's fair. I have some of the shields and armor in rotation, but most everything else is pretty bad.

KKII was a pretty junionized theme, loosely based on a pretty childish TV show called "King Arthur and the Knights of Justice", where each knight had an animal as his crest: falcon, lion, black panther, eagle, dragon, sphinx, kraken, .... (I remember one of the knight's name was Sir Brick :laugh: )

King-Arthur-the-Knights-of-Justice-Original.jpghqdefault.jpg

That's why it was perceived as bad by AFOLs

Edited by Robert8

That one really isn't a pirate ship, it's just a ship. They had ships in medieval times as well.

I thought you were going to show this one, the skeleton captain even has a pirate

I really wish I had that set. Although a weird ship, there's just something magical about it...

I combine the two with a little mocing however. all cannons and guns are removed

While I haven't done it yet, I've been contemplating combining the two (with some modifications from both theme) into a united theme similar to LEGO's (unfortunately) cancelled 'Europa' theme:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Europa

Edited by kabel
Please do not quote pics!

Never heard of that cartoon, didn't need prior knowledge to perceive kk2 as bad.

I want that gatehouse without the ship. I really like it, I wish I could find just that without paying a fortune for it, honestly I could care less about the ship.

There's not much in the way of unique parts there. It'd probably be pretty easy and affordable to build with spare parts/bricklink.

One of the few sets of the FE line I don't have, and really want.

I for one can't wait till another castle line, perhaps with some soldiers in chainmail with bright green arms *cough* Mitgardia *Cough* :grin:

Never heard of that cartoon, didn't need prior knowledge to perceive kk2 as bad.

There's not much in the way of unique parts there. It'd probably be pretty easy and affordable to build with spare parts/bricklink.

If I could get my hands on the instructions I would do it that way. But even the instructions to this set seem to be going for over 30 bucks. He'll I can just buy another gatehouse raid for less than that. Too bad it isn't easier to get copies of these old instructions, that would really help in the "build your own" department.

If I could get my hands on the instructions I would do it that way. But even the instructions to this set seem to be going for over 30 bucks. He'll I can just buy another gatehouse raid for less than that. Too bad it isn't easier to get copies of these old instructions, that would really help in the "build your own" department.

These instructions are online, but still very usable. Link Just click theme or number, search the set you want, and bingo.