As for the interiors debate, in the LotR line we got the Mines and the Wizard duel, which are interior sets, so they might be doable in an in-house line as well.

But as has already been stated, they are recreating recognisable scenes.

And why don't TLG do nice interiors on standard retail castle sets? Because everything needs to be seen in one photo on the front of the box.

The non-winged dwarf helm in dark brown would look remarkably like something I saw in a catalog being sold as a viking replica. It has already been produced in reddish brown. A recolor of the CMF Ocean King hair piece for some forest lord would be welcome.

As long as castle continues I will not complain. I lived the last dark age of the castle line, it was not fun at all

Maybe we'll get a new jester hat.... Among all the recent CMF Castle themed, he was the only one without a new headpiece

Guys, this is pretty cool. I was talking to some guy (who claims to have strong ties to Lego) on the Interwebz about Legends of Chima. In our conversation, I asked if he was aware that Castle could possibly be Chima's replacement. The guy I was talking to said he has talked to Lego designers frequently (He mentioned Henrick Anderson and Samuel Johnson by name), and he was able to confirm to me that he was told by a designer that Fantasy Era Castle is 100% coming back.

I am currently trying to get more info, but don't expect it anytime soon.

So, THIS is something! What do you guys think?\

Update: The same person has confirmed that the new Castle sets will be released in January of 2016. He is meeting with the Castle designer in June or July.

Edited by BrickJagger

^Sounds good if this is true. At least another confirmation about a new castle line (we now got 5? confirmations) and a date so I guess we can say it is...

Fantasy Era :thumbup:

Edited by Tuinman

Guys, this is pretty cool. I was talking to some guy (who claims to have strong ties to Lego) on the Interwebz about Legends of Chima. In our conversation, I asked if he was aware that Castle could possibly be Chima's replacement. The guy I was talking to said he has talked to Lego designers frequently (He mentioned Henrick Anderson and Samuel Johnson by name), and he was able to confirm to me that he was told by a designer that Fantasy Era Castle is 100% coming back.

Update: The same person has confirmed that the new Castle sets will be released in January of 2016. He is meeting with the Castle designer in June or July.

*crosses fingers*

Thanks for asking, BrickJagger! That's some great info you got there!

What I do care about are the things I cannot MOC or change without modifying the LEGO itself... nice heraldry, good minifig prints, new molds...

+1

I do not want a rehash of old factions. I have them. Everyone can get them if they really want them.

FTW

Please LEGO, give me something new. Hopefully in some new colors and heraldry. A shield with a small castle or keep would be great. Or how about a helmet, lance, ax, bow, or sword. Not every coat of arms has to be an animal. And the bonus is if it is not an animal it can't possibly be a lion or dragon. I would love to see a faction with a bit of dark orange, dark purple, or some other new color combo. And please... no bright colors like the jelly bean knights or the new CMF king. Small amounts of color with silver and grey armors goes a long way. I hope to the LEGO gods that the castle line does not go the way of Chima/Ninjago. I think it would be like a return to KKII.

DING DING DING DING DING..... Winner winner chicken dinner!

I win! I win! Oh my... sweet scrumptious chicken dinner!

Thanks nine09nueve. I guess we are on the same page.

I do not have much doubt Brickjagger. We will just have to wait until mid summer before we get an idea of what is coming.

The non-winged dwarf helm in dark brown would look remarkably like something I saw in a catalog being sold as a viking replica. It has already been produced in reddish brown. A recolor of the CMF Ocean King hair piece for some forest lord would be welcome.

I've got several of the reddish brown dwarf helms, and some of the light bleys... they just aren't the same, at least for dwarves :sceptic: But in dark brown? That'd be exciting! I'm tempted to get the plain dark brown Gimli helms BL, too.

I'd also like a nice nasal helm for more accurate Vikings and just general medieval goodness... the flared 'coif' or whatever it's supposed to be on the standard Castle helm isn't quite perfect (tho it's also pretty nice for dwarves, as you can get a decent fit over many of the beards). I like your idea for a CMF Ocean King-as-Forest Lord recolor!

I use the brickforge viking helmet. Not purist. But way better than horns.

The same guy has now confirmed March as the drop-dead date for the release of FEII. So it's a spring wave this time....interesting.... :thumbup:

The same guy has now confirmed March as the drop-dead date for the release of FEII. So it's a spring wave this time....interesting.... :thumbup:

i guess thats better than nothing. for me, there is nothing better than 90s castle themes. wolfpack \m/ :)

Why have we not heard anything for the normal people we hear things from but we have had lots of someone told me... Think this might come to nothing still

^ Because I don't think that Just2good or the other "real" leakers randomly go around quizzing store employees :wink:.

And, anyway, everyone has to start somewhere, right? When one of these "normal leakers" first shared some news, no doubt there was skepticism.

How could so many people, from several different continents, all get the same news? Because it's true. Lotr's over, so why wouldn't you make a fantasy theme? :grin:

But if you go around randomly asking people if Lego are making a fantasy castle line next year some will say yes, some will want you to think they know things you don't and some will just want to get rid of you :tongue:.

Edited by SMC

Yet why are store employees told this so far in advance? They don't need to know, and Lego is normally protective about new themes.

But if you go around randomly asking people if Lego are fantasy castle line next year some will say yes, some will want you to think they know things you don't and some will just want to get rid of you :tongue:.

True, true...... I guess I was lucky that I was 1 for 1 than! :devil:

Yet why are store employees told this so far in advance? They don't need to know, and Lego is normally protective about new themes.

Durins Bane said that his store manager would be told more about the new theme on March 1st.....I have no Idea what my guy was thinking, though. I don't know why the others were able to get info, but do note how all of these guys only new the bare minimum info-wise.

Edited by BrickJagger

I think the Wolfpack are the most criminally underdeveloped faction in the history of Lego Castle. There might have been some overlapping in the concepts of them and the Forestmen (outcast humans trying to thrive outside the confines of the kingdom rules).

I'd rather see future Forestmen turn into the traditional fantasy Elves, and have any human outcasts be more of the Wolfpack type.

:cry_happy: God bless you BrickJagger.... God bless you :cry_happy:

I really hate to dampen the "good news," but:

• The conversation happened "on the Interwebz." E.g., anonymously. Granted, we are all anonymous here to some extent, but not in the same way.
  • He claims to have "talked to Lego designers frequently". This really makes him sound like someone making up a story to get attention. It's not helped any by the fact that Henrick Anderson is a very well known designer(I'm not sure about Samuel Johnson, so I can't comment on him).
  • He "was told by a designer that Fantasy Era Castle is 100% coming back." I'm guessing you meant a Fantasy Era-esque theme is coming back? Because Lego never revisits themes, only reboots them. Also, this is the very possibility that we've been discussing all along. Building upon my last point, if I wanted attention, this would be the first thing I would claim(I wouldn't actually try and do this, obviously, I'm just using myself as a hypothetical example.).
  • Again, his "confirmation" is something we've already discussed - you were actually the first person to bring that as a possible release date, back on page 5.The last part is interesting. It's the one part that I'm wondering about. But, I would like to make a couple of possible ways this could play out. On the one hand, it might be that he's going to vanish between now and then, and not have to give you an answer that way. Or, if he's particularly dedicated to this, he may just "confirm" rumors that have leaked out in the meantime(if this is coming out in Jan. 2016, we'll quite likely have far more information by June/July). Or, I could be all wrong in my skepticism, and he actually is meeting with a designer.

My apologies if I come off as harsh, but this source really seems questionable to me. I could be all wrong, though.

I really hate to dampen the "good news," but:

• The conversation happened "on the Interwebz." E.g., anonymously. Granted, we are all anonymous here to some extent, but not in the same way.
  • He claims to have "talked to Lego designers frequently". This really makes him sound like someone making up a story to get attention. It's not helped any by the fact that Henrick Anderson is a very well known designer(I'm not sure about Samuel Johnson, so I can't comment on him).
  • He "was told by a designer that Fantasy Era Castle is 100% coming back." I'm guessing you meant a Fantasy Era-esque theme is coming back? Because Lego never revisits themes, only reboots them. Also, this is the very possibility that we've been discussing all along. Building upon my last point, if I wanted attention, this would be the first thing I would claim(I wouldn't actually try and do this, obviously, I'm just using myself as a hypothetical example.).
  • Again, his "confirmation" is something we've already discussed - you were actually the first person to bring that as a possible release date, back on page 5.The last part is interesting. It's the one part that I'm wondering about. But, I would like to make a couple of possible ways this could play out. On the one hand, it might be that he's going to vanish between now and then, and not have to give you an answer that way. Or, if he's particularly dedicated to this, he may just "confirm" rumors that have leaked out in the meantime(if this is coming out in Jan. 2016, we'll quite likely have far more information by June/July). Or, I could be all wrong in my skepticism, and he actually is meeting with a designer.

My apologies if I come off as harsh, but this source really seems questionable to me. I could be all wrong, though.

Nah,it's fine. If I gave away where the conversation took place, it wouldn't take too much of a stretch for a person here to find out about my personal life, which I'm not inclined to share here. It's a privacy thing, and the user wasn't anonymous.

I should have clarified before that he said the new theme was very similar to Fantasy Era, as in there being non-human factions involved.

He also cannot vanish, unless he deletes his account, which wouldn't make sense because he has many friends on the site.

As I mentioned, this guy is a Chima fan, and after researching the two designers he named, I found that they both had a hand in Chima.

I've decided to copy and paste some of what he said:

"Yes I am NOT a Lego informative, but, I do, and One is not lying here, have very strong connections with the Lego Group I.e I regularly have talks with the designers personally and am also kept up to date by Lego of the goings on!"

" It is quite an obvious thing that yes, Indeed, Castle, or the fantasy part of it is coming back! "

"Samuel Johnson and Henrik Andersen are the Designers I talk to by the way, mind You I believe its said (Hine-rick han-der-son) as far as He's told Me!"

"I am meeting up with a Designer this June-July, alas it may seem fairly far away, but in theory the new Castle sets are not to be released till early 2016! But when I can, I shall keep you up to date....."

I then asked him if the new sets will come out in January.

"Round about then (most likely January - March), Yes, and I certainly will comment when I hear anything else!"

^ There you go.

Edited by BrickJagger

^ Not sure that helped your case :wacko:.

So we know nothing, good happy that's cleared that up back to wish lists.

Edited by SMC

^ Not sure that helped your case :wacko:.

So we know nothing, good happy that's cleared that up back to wish lists.

Why not?

I don't think that his native language is English, that's why what he said looks kinda odd.

Edited by BrickJagger