Lego could do their own Robin Hood media, if that is the way they wish to go. The rumor is fantasy, though.

My hope is that Lego would finally give us a Grecco/Roman folklore theme. It is quite possible for them to do this now, given the molds that have been designed in recent years. Lego obviously knows there is a market for it. There is so much more beyond fantasy Europe that could be done.

My hope is that Lego would finally give us a Grecco/Roman folklore theme. It is quite possible for them to do this now, given the molds that have been designed in recent years. Lego obviously knows there is a market for it. There is so much more beyond fantasy Europe that could be done.

While I would be for it, I think the fact that these molds were released within the CMFS shows that LEGO is aware that there is not a market for them, since the CMFS was meant as a way to release figs that would otherwise NOT get released.

^ True but we still get lots of cmf figs that do get made in sets so its hard to tell, I am not sure I would buy a theme like that but I might do it would depend on the sets but I think that's kind of a problem that its not an instant hint like lego might look for now.

^ Given that its funny how Lego have never made a Robin Hood line give how close they have came. I wouldn't mind see one now and fleshies would be good for me to add to LOTR but I know a lot of you wont like it.

Whether we like it or not is irrelevant: LEGO only use flesh minifigs for licensed themes. A 'Robin Hood' theme would not be licensed.

^ Lego can do what they like with a in house theme look at friends :sick: but if they wanted to they could make it a licensed robin hood line just that the license is free.

Not saying I don't agree a yellow forestman theme is more likely.

Chima, Ninjago and Lotr have set new standards in detail. Compared to a fully printed sabertoothtigerzombie with an ice leg, a kingdoms knight looks naive, childlike and unrealistically symmetric. If there is a new castle line, the question is whether it falls behind the new standard. The last one did and left AFOLs disappointed. That is why I am sceptic about 2016.

Chima, Ninjago and Lotr have set new standards in detail. Compared to a fully printed sabertoothtigerzombie with an ice leg, a kingdoms knight looks naive, childlike and unrealistically symmetric. If there is a new castle line, the question is whether it falls behind the new standard. The last one did and left AFOLs disappointed. That is why I am sceptic about 2016.

I suppose, but sometimes less is more. I'd rather not have ice legs and other such nonsense in castle. Also, from a printing standpoint the 2013 theme was good, the design of the heraldry was just lame. That's what people found disappointing.

I suppose, but sometimes less is more. I'd rather not have ice legs and other such nonsense in castle. Also, from a printing standpoint the 2013 theme was good, the design of the heraldry was just lame. That's what people found disappointing.

Yeah, the printing was quite good. Nothing wrong there.

Well they did make the new Pirates line modular as well, so I don't see why they wouldn't continue that newfound trend.

Good point, and thanks for the heads-up. I knew the soldier's fort was modular, but I just went and checked out the pirate's hideout and it is as well. Very promising!!

CMFS was meant as a way to release figs that would otherwise NOT get released.

We had S2 Vampire and Monster Fighters Lord Vampire, S8 Santa Claus and the same Santa in 10245, S8 Man-bat and the Man-bats in 9468 or in 76011. There are several other examples to produce proof to your contrary. The question is only that can Lego see the opportunity to gain money on it, or not. I would be happy to see a roman-greek-egyptian-celtic theme, but I don't think Lego will create it. If we stay in medieval manner, I would like to get more civilian sets: houses, markets, inns. The return of the forestmen is a good idea, the 2013 Castle and the Kingdoms either had no outlaw figures, just two boring main factions.

I think Robin Hood has good play-ability. It has the ability to have a good and evil king, and a mix of main characters and no name figures. Castles, farms and town scenes. It is a timeless story and more kid friendly than say King Arthur.

We had S2 Vampire and Monster Fighters Lord Vampire, S8 Santa Claus and the same Santa in 10245, S8 Man-bat and the Man-bats in 9468 or in 76011. There are several other examples to produce proof to your contrary. The question is only that can Lego see the opportunity to gain money on it, or not. I would be happy to see a roman-greek-egyptian-celtic theme, but I don't think Lego will create it. If we stay in medieval manner, I would like to get more civilian sets: houses, markets, inns. The return of the forestmen is a good idea, the 2013 Castle and the Kingdoms either had no outlaw figures, just two boring main factions.

None of these are good examples, since TLG had made a vampire, a man-bat and a Santa (albeit a „pirate Santa“) before they appeared in the CMFS. So these are obviously among the figs that TLG sees a market for. The mythology figs, on the other hand, only appeared in the CMFS range, which makes me worry about how TLG sees their viability in their own theme.

It wasn't just lame heraldry. Most of the bigger builds were pretty boring and used way to many prefab pieces. The factions were brightly colored to the point of looking silly. Lastly the factions were just straight up lame with nothing really new or exciting offered.

I would LOVE a mythical Greek style theme. That would be a close second for me behind a fantasy medieval theme. Harpies, Minotaurs, Satyrs, Medusa, Cerberus... there are tons of fantasy creatures we could get in a theme like that and the Greek soldiers would look cool and be something new as well.

Edited by Deathleech

I would like an ancient theme as well, I just don't think it will appeal to kids. Robin Hood will give us something different We have had many versions of both the lion and the crown. Lego seems to use this again and again. Maybe replacing the dragon that we have seen in blue, green, red, dark green versions with something different.

It wasn't just lame heraldry. Most of the bigger builds were pretty boring and used way to many prefab pieces. The factions were brightly colored to the point of looking silly. Lastly the factions were just straight up lame with nothing really new or exciting offered.

I would LOVE a mythical Greek style theme. That would be a close second for me behind a fantasy medieval theme. Harpies, Minotaurs, Satyrs, Medusa, Cerberus... there are tons of fantasy creatures we could get in a theme like that and the Greek soldiers would look cool and be something new as well.

I don't disagree on the first point, just thought that the subject was focused on figs.

While I'm not personally that interested in Ancient Greek/Roman subject matter, I do see the potential and hope that we get something along those lines in the future.

Get that mythology crap outta here, its not castle lol. Its impossible to stay on topic here, i think ill check back in a few months,

Get that mythology crap outta here, its not castle lol. Its impossible to stay on topic here, i think ill check back in a few months,

Well, we already have three separate sources saying the same thing, so now we have to wait until August. I like how people always have a discussion going here because I know that there is a lot of pent-up frustration with Castle (or lack of) in the past 3 years, and they are expressing what's been on their minds during that time. It's much easier to accept slightly off-topic discussions here, rather than the other pinned threads here, for that reason.

If you feel that we need to directly talk about Castle 2016 here, then maybe we should go and find a fourth source. :wink:

I would also like more news.

Not a 4th source just a good source that have given us reliable info before and a bit more info so that we know its castle some new mini doll line again.

I already posted that i asked and he said yes its happening but he cant tell me anything, because its a liability issue. he said because of that he wished lego wouldn't even show them that. he said there's a lego store manager meeting he has to go to. they will most likely show him stuff coming out there....

^^ Well, I directly asked my manager if it would be a mini-doll line or anything that doesn't involve regular Castle sets and he responded with a grin and a resounding "Nope!".

Also, post #126 says his manager told him "It would be an awesome year for a person who likes epic fantasy", and since the user is male, I don't think he was referring to Elves.

@Durins Bane, in your original post, you said he couldn't say anything. Great to know we now have another source, though! Did he say anything about the release date?

Also, post #126 says his manager told him "It would be an awesome year for a person who likes epic fantasy",

So LOTR is coming back :tongue:

@Durins Bane, in your original post, you said he couldn't say anything. Great to know we now have another source, though! Did he say anything about the release date?

nope its just a career for him, he doesnt care or pay attention at those meetings.

Hmmm, now hear me out because this might sound crazy......

First, Lego is teaming up with the BBC.

Second, Merlin Entertainment run Legoland's.

Thrid, Merlin Entertainment were used a few years back to help promote.......

Merlin-finale.jpg

Now I know the series has finished......but that hasn't stop Lego making sets of past TV shows and films remember ? :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Hmmm, now hear me out because this might sound crazy......

First, Lego is teaming up with the BBC.

Second, Merlin Entertainment run Legoland's.

Thrid, Merlin Entertainment were used a few years back to help promote.......

Merlin-finale.jpg

Now I know the series has finished......but that hasn't stop Lego making sets of past TV shows and films remember ? :grin:

never gonna happen, even tho it was great and was kid friendly