I'm just gonna leave leave this here without comment

http://brickset.com/...rand-Tournament

:sick: Oh,my......I forgot about this one, with good reason! On the bright side, I'm pretty sure that the Lego sets nowadays aren't influenced by illegal substances....... :grin: (Just kidding)

I'll guess I'll redo that last post.....

I don't see Lego trying to go back to anything KKII related ever again :classic:

I have to say, for a castle I vastly prefer 2013's 70404 to 2007's 7094. Just the fact that it was modular gives me excited goosebumps all over. I also prefer 70402 over any of the previous towers/gatehouses that have come out since 2000. Even the beloved 2010 Kingdom's theme had a pretty mediocre showing when it came to the gatehouse and tower sets. The 2007 line was just really refreshing to me after the KK1 and KK2 mess. Those two eras actually made me pine for the Fright Knights and Dark Forest (even though I am one of those who already enjoyed Night Lord's Castle and the Dark Forest Fortress).

Whatever comes out in 2016, I hope it takes a modular hint from the 2013 castle line so I can customize the castle.

LEGO%20Castle%202_zpsh9x0ill1.jpg

Edited by Kliq

Ok, I have to admit that KKII set was pretty bad. Even when I was younger I knew it and I passed on it.

Seeing it after all this time makes it look even worse, especially after getting Fantasy Era....

Think, game of thrones for kids.

In my mind I took out the things that were not kid friendly from the show and was just left with the opening titles :laugh:. More cogs it is!

Edited by SMC

Whatever comes out in 2016, I hope it takes a modular hint from the 2013 castle line so I can customize the castle.

Well they did make the new Pirates line modular as well, so I don't see why they wouldn't continue that newfound trend.

Here's hoping that the "good guys" won't be red or blue with a lion shield...

Honestly, if they have a human faction I would prefer colors and symbols be kept to a minimum. More like "REAL" knights back in medieval times. Think CMF Heroic Knight..

lego-series-9-minifigures-Heroic-Knight-17.jpg

Edited by Deathleech

If the new theme were to be modular, I would really like the modularity to apply of other structures as well as castles, like Goblin caves or Elf tree hideouts.

I would also like more than two sets to mix (Gatehouse and Castle) so I wouldn't run out of combinations as easily. "The possibilities are endless", right, Lego? :wink:

Evil King, Evil King Evil King

I am ok with simple or more complex heraldry. Dragons and Lions do add play-ability for kids.

I think a Robin Hood theme would be a nice addition lots of main characters: Robin, John, Tuck, Will Scarlet, Marion, The Sheriff, Prince John and Good King Richard.

It would have lots of elements. Main players, lots of bad guys, chance to have a big castle and bunch of smaller sets, forest scenes, village scenes wagon to pillage.

While I would love something different for a change, if there are good guys who aren't red or blue lions, in my Castle setup they won't have any obvious allies. As such, they will therefore be fodder for either of my 2 dragon alliances.

Evil King, Evil King Evil King

I am ok with simple or more complex heraldry. Dragons and Lions do add play-ability for kids.

I think a Robin Hood theme would be a nice addition lots of main characters: Robin, John, Tuck, Will Scarlet, Marion, The Sheriff, Prince John and Good King Richard.

It would have lots of elements. Main players, lots of bad guys, chance to have a big castle and bunch of smaller sets, forest scenes, village scenes wagon to pillage.

But that would mean fleshies :cry_sad:

The Forest men are more my speed, as they are similar to Robin Hood, but they have the right skin tone to fit in with the others. I wish they'ed bring back the Forest men and elaborate on them a little.

The Forest men are more my speed, as they are similar to Robin Hood, but they have the right skin tone to fit in with the others. I wish they'ed bring back the Forest men and elaborate on them a little.

Why would that mean fleshies? None of those characters are under a license.

Why would that mean fleshies? None of those characters carry a license(unless the theme is based off a specific movie).

Why would that mean fleshies? None of those characters are under a license.

Why would that mean fleshies? None of those characters carry a license(unless the theme is based off a specific movie).

That's why a Robin Hood theme is very unlikely. No new movies. If Lego were to make RH sets, however, they would be fleshies because all Lego licenses have flesh minifigs. Take the Star Wars Geonosis Troopers BP, for example. Is it based off of a specific Star Wars vehicle? Yes. Is it a Star Wars set? Yes. So that's why it has fleshie figs. :wink:

A Robin Hood line without a specific movie tie-in would be yellow. Abraham Lincoln is yellow. Of course, he showed up in The LEGO Movie. But even Cleopatra... I mean the Egyptian Queen is yellow.

Still I think LEGO would more likely do a Forestmen theme where kids could decide if they were Robin Hood and his Merrymen or not. I doubt we would see a box where each character from that mythology would be named.

A Robin Hood line without a specific movie tie-in would be yellow. Abraham Lincoln is yellow. Of course, he showed up in The LEGO Movie. But even Cleopatra... I mean the Egyptian Queen is yellow.

Still I think LEGO would more likely do a Forestmen theme where kids could decide if they were Robin Hood and his Merrymen or not. I doubt we would see a box where each character from that mythology would be named.

Abe Lincoln and Cleopatra aren't movies or books (at least just by themselves). Not really the same.

A agree with the second part though.

Flesh colours are only used in Lego to represent characters under a specific licence, like a movie or cartoon, not for general folklore characters. If it was Playmobil that would be a different story. Even the Exo-Suit minifigs Peter & Yve were yellow, despite the characters representing real people.

Robin Hood entered the public domain before there was even an United States or even public domain laws. Anyone can make a Robin Hood movie or TV show without having to pay royalities.

If LEGO were to tie into an existing movie, though, it would be different. But that would be a greater expense for LEGO.

I can give a better example with a much newer work: The Wizard of Oz. The book is now in the public domain and anyone can make a movie based on it. However, the 1920s film is still under copywrite protection so no one can make use things that were invented just for that movie. This includes the color of green for the Wicked Witch.

This is why you see so many adaptations of it.

Back to Robin Hood, as long as the minifig prints did not tie into a specific film, LEGO would not need to buy the rights to it. They would if they felt that the cross promotion would help them more than it cost though.

Honestly, if they have a human faction I would prefer colors and symbols be kept to a minimum. More like "REAL" knights back in medieval times. Think CMF Heroic Knight..

thats technically renaissance, not medieval..

Edited by kabel
Please do not quote pics!

thats technically renaissance, not medieval..

Its not about technicalities, its about fitting the popular stereotype of a medieval knight.

I would have thought Robin Hood would be fleshie as a European character, but since they made the CMF cultural figs yellow, I guess not. Well, so far as it will be yellow, I would accept RH or any other theme.

^ Given that its funny how Lego have never made a Robin Hood line give how close they have came. I wouldn't mind see one now and fleshies would be good for me to add to LOTR but I know a lot of you wont like it.