My biggest fear is that expectation turns any set released, however cool, into a no-no.

My second fear is that we get something akin to Castle 2013. In other words, that the new theme is indeed a no-no.

Man, all this over what one member reports that a LEGO store manager said Castle 2016 will happen?

Speculation is fine, but let's be a bit intelligent here and not take any suggestion as fact until we have something official.

I have some reliable sources and I have yet to hear anything official.

^ I tried to say this a few times here but seems to have just turned into a wish list which is ok as long as people know that's what it is.

I think it's great seeing wishlists. The sheer activity of the thread shows the enthusiasm for the Lego castle line. I think most people have been doing a good job of keeping it obvious that these are wishlists and speculation, rather than cold hard facts.

I have to imagine Lego has to pay at least a little bit of attention to the happenings at the more popular fan forums for their products. Even if it's largely marginal, I like to think they put some stock in what fans think and want to see.

At this point, I see this thread as the catch-all thread for everything related to the next Castle theme, whether it's facts or wishlists.

I know there are at least a few Lego Employees who are members here.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

I think it's great seeing wishlists. The sheer activity of the thread shows the enthusiasm for the Lego castle line. I think most people have been doing a good job of keeping it obvious that these are wishlists and speculation, rather than cold hard facts.

Ya, I am not really sure where all the wish list complaints are coming from. There have only been a few actual lists in the 12 pages of this thread so far, and it was abundantly clear they were just that - wish lists. Everything else has just been a post mentioning they want the Black Falcons or Forestmen or what have you back.

This thread is losing a little steam rumor-wise, so I think that some people here should try to find out more about the theme (like asking store employees and the like) to justify this thread as a rumor thread. It's natural to talk about what you want in a new theme, but we should find more evidence and info to keep us busy! :sweet:

This thread is losing a little steam rumor-wise, so I think that some people here should try to find out more about the theme (like asking store employees and the like) to justify this thread as a rumor thread. It's natural to talk about what you want in a new theme, but we should find more evidence and info to keep us busy! :sweet:

I'm not going to turn away additional information, but it's not necessary for this to just be a rumor thread. I kinda see it as the catch-all 2016 Castle thread at the moment, until it become more than unconfirmed speculation.

Man, all this over what one member reports that a LEGO store manager said Castle 2016 will happen?

:laugh: 2 members actually - BrickJagger as the OP and Sammael in post 126.

And Im prety sure there would be almost as much posts in a Castle thread without any rumors - there would be preferences, wishlists, complaints about TLGs priorities, and the like. It just goes to show how Castle-starved we are here.

Just back from a Lego Store in London. Talked to pretty much every employee. Not much till I talked to the manager, and he said there's a Castle theme on the horizon, probably later this year, 2016 definitely.

He could NOT confirm if it it's going to be Caste or Fantasy. Not because he didn't want to, but because he didn't know it for sure.

Just back from a Lego Store in London. Talked to pretty much every employee. Not much till I talked to the manager, and he said there's a Castle theme on the horizon, probably later this year, 2016 definitely.

He could NOT confirm if it it's going to be Caste or Fantasy. Not because he didn't want to, but because he didn't know it for sure.

Wow! No one has said anything about this post yet? :look: I want to thank you for finding this out and making this rumor even more likely (We now have 3 separate sources).

When you talked to the manager, did you get the impression that this was a theme that could come out in January of 2016, and the reason he also said late 2015 is because some stores (TRU) bring out the new products a few months early?

Good to know that Castle is definitely coming back next year!

Thanks for asking!

Later this year? I don't think so.... We'd already know if a Castle theme will be released on summer

Edited by Robert8

Wow! No one has said anything about this post yet? :look: I want to thank you for finding this out and making this rumor even more likely (We now have 3 separate sources).

When you talked to the manager, did you get the impression that this was a theme that could come out in January of 2016, and the reason he also said late 2015 is because some stores (TRU) bring out the new products a few months early?

It sounds like it could be a 2016 Winter theme. Which would put actual retail release anywhere from Black Friday to February. That would make sense as I doubt the Lego store people know anything about 2016 Summer sets yet, and we would know if it was a 2015 Summer line by now.

But what if this is not exactly Castle, but a new medieval fantasy theme with the scope of Ninjago and Chima, and associated TV tie in. Both of those themes started in January.

But what if this is not exactly Castle, but a new medieval fantasy theme with the scope of Ninjago and Chima, and associated TV tie in. Both of those themes started in January.

Let's hope that's not the case. Castle does not need helicopters and tanks.

Let's hope that's not the case. Castle does not need helicopters and tanks.

I can't see Lego putting knights wearing heavy chainmail and riding on horses suddenly flying. :wink: I'm hoping for a Fantasy-style super theme that's way bigger than Castle 07, and also has a tv show.

You are all welcome. We all love Lego, so I'm just doing my part, I guess :wink:

When I talked to the manager, I already knew that there is no Castle coming in the summer (or so I believe, from the Internet...), so I assumed we may be a little more well-informed than he is, or that he has some info that we don't. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I really, really hope that's not the case... I mean, they can't give us two crappy Castle themes in a row... can they? :cry_sad:

10997505_10206014164502571_81849144888018183_n.jpg?oh=c97fe47a0d6656cdfaaebcd1930547d9&oe=5588C9FC&__gda__=1435319190_0ffc3e88eb4a1550340a72c69158daca

I'm not a fan of either of those themes, but I'm not sure why you guys assume that sort of super theme would be a bad thing. I mean chima does have a lot of cool parts and detailed figures. There doesn't have to be mechs and tanks just because there is a tie in tv show. Think, game of thrones for kids. Lots of competing factions and intrigue. Whether the next theme is fantasy based or all humans, I would mainly like to see more factions with different colors, figure styles, and architectural styles.