Well, all these endless wishlists made me stop reading everything middle Earth related. It'd be a shame if the same happened again.

Fair enough, and I agree they can get a bit tedious after awhile. The big difference with the LotR thread, and (hopefully) this one is that the LotR thread had basically the same ideas repeated over and Over and OVER. I dunno how many times people brought up a Balrog or Minas Tirith set, but it was on almost every list. I like reading wish list when they are original and new (not saying mine is the best, it could use work), not when they are repeated for the 500th time.

Yeah, I'd expect another Lion, because Lego thinks that good guys are only Lions and bad guys are only Dragons.................................. but this time we'll have something other than Dragon Knights as enemies. That's something to look forward to! :wink:

In knights kingdom II, King Jayko had a hawk on his crest

In knights kingdom II, King Jayko had a hawk on his crest

KKII was a little......different. :laugh: I don't consider them a real sub theme, more like a Chima-esque spinoff theme. KKII also had monkeys, so..... :sick:

Yeah, I'd expect another Lion, because Lego thinks that good guys are only Lions and bad guys are only Dragons.................................. but this time we'll have something other than Dragon Knights as enemies. That's something to look forward to! :wink:

Hah, that's the spirit!

We should do a heraldry design contest. The only rule is no lions or dragons. :wink:

Im looking forward to any Castle theme, whether more fantastical or more realistic. The kind of realism Im looking for would be to steer clear of the jellybean knights aesthetic. I guess thats how I would put it - the aesthetic of both the Fantasy subtheme and, say, Kingdoms was pretty similar (and somewhat more realistic) between them, versus the KK2 aesthetic.

As for wish lists, I dont mind them - sometimes I find them inspirational, sometimes not, but in those latter cases theyre easy to skim or skip.

KKII was a little......different

I hope you are not implying Knights Kingdom II was a bad Castle theme... because it wasn't. Ok? :laugh:

When it came out, I used to play all the knights could morph into the animal they had in their crest :wub:..... Oh, those lovely childhood days.... :cry_happy:

I hope they will give a unique crest for each knight in this new Castle theme, like they did in Knights Kingdom II (but less childish)

I just had a thought. Since it worked for me, how about everyone here (who feels like it) goes to their local Lego store and asks the manager about Castle? It could give us new info or a better idea of what's going on. So, who wants to try it out? :classic:

I hope they will give a unique crest for each knight in this new Castle theme, like they did in Knights Kingdom II (but less childish)

Well as long as there are no bloody cheeky monkeys! Because that monkey sigil was probably the lamest coat of arms ever if it wasn't for King Leo's duuhploh Lion crest!

The scorpion coat of arms is wicked though! I bricklinked a bunch of various Scorpion KKII soldiers and knights and a bunch of their shields. The shield with the white and grey raptor on blue background was nice too. The purple knight with the golden fox was kind of cool too. though I get why Ardelon refers to some of them as a bunch of jellybeanies. The knights from 2005 from KKII clad entirely in one colour: bright green; bright red; light soapie blue is not that pleasing to the eye, at least not compared to the 2010 Kingdoms and 1980's crusaders, black falcons etc.

I do love purple ABS in combination with pearl silver ABS, some white, black, silver and gold printing and either light or dark grey ABS as a colour scheme for a new house / faction of knights will look so fantastic. So while we keep this wishing well thread alive, I am all for knights sporting those colours. A dragon design not that different from that of the Kingdoms Green Dragon knights would be nice, or a Hydra, a Griffin, or a bird of prey as coat of arms, and voila! A new all time favourite team of knights or elves might be born.

The shield with unicorn sigil included in this set is also really great:

http://brickset.com/...tle-at-the-Pass

Some of those KKII sets had some interesting parts, some good minifigs, and fine shields in spite of all the other things which were definitely horribly wrong with it..

Edited by Eru Magnus Valar

wicked

You are showing your age there, no one (young & cool) says that anymore! :wink:

The hawk shield was Jayko, the monkey was Rascus, the wolf Danju, the bear Santis & the scorpion Vladek. A bit later 4 more were introduced: dragon Draco, snake Karzon, unicorn Kentis & bull Adric.

Edited by Artanis I

no one (young & cool) says that anymore!

I admit. I definitely am not a hipster. And in all modesty I am quite proud of that ;)

*shrugs shoulders*

And I don't care if the language I use is fashionable anyway. I don't even think the word 'wicked' was still fashionable when Sasha Baron Cohen used it when he played Ali G in the nineties.

Speaking of wicked critters, you certainly have a lot of those down under where you live.

I hope you are not implying Knights Kingdom II was a bad Castle theme... because it wasn't. Ok? :laugh:

Dear god no.

On the topic of crests: I just want a Bear faction, that is all.

Im ok with that

always odd spewing out

I just had a thought.

i did today, and i cant say what he said.. well kinda. hed said he wish lego didnt show them that stuff so far ahead, because its a liability issue...

When it came out, I used to play all the knights could morph into the animal they had in their crest :wub:..... Oh, those lovely childhood days.... :cry_happy:

I am very, very happy that you are not a theme designer for LEGO. :tongue:

I've been out of the Lego loop for almost 15-20 years. The last faction to come out when I still collected was Dragon Masters. I'm trying to say...I missed a LOT of Castle themes in my absence. I can say with 100% confidence that Knights Kingdom II is easily the most oddball, undesirable Castle theme that came out during my time away...and I don't feel bad that I missed it at all. If you place all the Castle themes together from Lego history, it would definitely be the black sheep.

I hope not. They put too much emphasis on the heroes in that theme, to the extent that the non-hero stuff suffered. I don't mind having a few unique characters between all the factions, but I also want to see the regular soldiers get plenty of attention.

KK III was definetely the best since 1997 or so when they had come up with those silly fright knights. And that is mostly due to those nice civilian sets of which I bought multiples. I truely hope they carry on along those lines and make us forget the castle 2013 sets.

KKI had abysmal set design and suffered the waste of character naming without a proper narrative to follow. Wave one of KKII suffered the 'Power Ranger' effect; the figures were too colorful. This is easily remedied by swapping hips, hands and helmets with muted colors. Both wave one and wave two gave us a good assortment of heraldry design.

Hopefully a return of Fantasy Era will be able to build upon the best of the previous themes.

Well I am glad that after first offering me insult, I now have your approval too. I am so glad that someone like you, who demonstrates to posses similar social skills as the character Sheldon Cooper (from TBBT), is present here to amuse and enlighten me with all your constructive remarks. I am sure we will be just getting along fine.

Good day to you too.

KK III was definetely the best since 1997 or so when they had come up with those silly fright knights. And that is mostly due to those nice civilian sets of which I bought multiples. I truely hope they carry on along those lines and make us forget the castle 2013 sets.

My feeling was the 2013 was more junior to balance out the more adult oriented LoTR sets. I think they aimed a bit too low.

i did today, and i cant say what he said.. well kinda. hed said he wish lego didnt show them that stuff so far ahead, because its a liability issue...

Sorry lost me - liability meaning?

I would guess it was a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA). So LEGO tells the local managers but then require those same local managers to not share it. I would sympathize with them too.

Regarding Castle 2016, I hope the factions, whatever they are, would get banners like the Chima army builders. Frankly anyone wanting lizardmen should just get the Crocodile Tribe pack.

My ideal castle line would be something like Nuju Metru's Dragon Lands theme. His mocs have a lovely design asthetic, and a good mix of characters and army builders.

I really like his theme too. My only complaints would be the number of dragons in the sets, and the lack of variety in the factions. I know it's called "Dragon Lands" so there are obviously going to be lots of dragons, but having them in almost every set (in wave 2), isn't my cup of tea. I also would like to see more factions than the humans, orcs, and (ack) skeletal undead. The actual builds are amazing though.

Regarding Castle 2016, I hope the factions, whatever they are, would get banners like the Chima army builders. Frankly anyone wanting lizardmen should just get the Crocodile Tribe pack.

But.. but... I want tails on them! And shorter snouts.

I really like his theme too. My only complaints would be the number of dragons in the sets, and the lack of variety in the factions. I know it's called "Dragon Lands" so there are obviously going to be lots of dragons, but having them in almost every set (in wave 2), isn't my cup of tea. I also would like to see more factions than the humans, orcs, and (ack) skeletal undead. The actual builds are amazing though.

It's not perfect, but the sets in general, especially the first wave, capture a design asthetic and atmosphere that I want to see from a Lego fantasy line.

If Lego made sets with the detail of LotR and the variety of the the 2007 Castle theme and add a little of Nuju's ideas, I think that could be a great theme.