..................At TRU the other day I noticed some figure cutouts on the aisles that included a knight in the black and white BF colors...............

Wait, what? *huh* Did it look like a new BF, or was it the 2012 one? Because if it were a new one, no doubt they would be in the new theme. :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

Assuming this would run for 3 years, here's a half Wishlist half prediction.

Begins with 4 factions, introduces more and fades others out as time goes by. Each Wave is a year, and each wave gets more wishful, until the last has no chance at all.

Wave 1- 4 Factions: Lions+Elves vs Goblins+Vipers.

$5-Viper Chase: 1 Treasure Chest, 1 Viper Knight, 1 Lion Knight.

$10 to 13-Elf Ambush: 1 Tree, 2 Elves, 2 Goblins

$20-Goblin Getaway: A Goblin Cart, 1 Goblin, 1 Elf, 1 Horse each for Goblins/Elves.

$40-Hidden Hideout: Goblin Outpost (Modular with 2 alternate builds) 3 Goblins, 1 Goblin King, 3 Elves, 1 Goblin horse.

$100-Lion Castle Raid: Lion Castle, 4 Lions, Lion King, 3 Elves, 4 Vipers, 4 Goblins, 1 Horse for each faction.

Wave 2-1 Faction: Dwarves.

$10 to 13-Dwarf Forge: Small forge setup, 4 Dwarves.

$20 A-Viper Knights Base: Viper Outpost (Modular with 3 alternate builds), 2 Vipers, 1 Lion)

$20 B-Store Showdown: Magical Store, 1 Wizard for each Faction)

$40-Dwarves Hidden Mine: The Mine (2 alternate builds), 4 Dwarves, 2 Goblins, 2 Vipers.

$70-Elves Forest Tribe: Several Trees, 2 Generic buildings, 3 Elves, Elven King, Elven Queen, 1 Lion, 3 Goblins, 1 Viper)

Wave 3-1 Faction: Lizard People.

$10 to 13-Lizard Capture: 2 Lizard People, 1 Lizard Knight, 1 Elf)

$25-Attack at the Forge: The Smithy, 1 Blacksmith, 2 Lizard people

$40- Farm Raid: Barn, Field with assorted animals, 1 Goblin, 1 Viper, 2 Lizard People, 2 Commoners, 2 Kids

$100-Lizards Lair: Huge Cave Lair, 4 Lizard People, Lizard Knight, Lizard king, Lizard Wizard, 3 Goblins, 4 Elves, 1 Lion).

Edited by The Chosen Minifigure

I don't see it maky any kind of sense what so ever for TRU to get a LEGO cutout featuring 2016 LEGO sets in February 2015. That's just wishful thinking.

Lego would only in the final design stages for 2016 my guess would be right now, but logically straight after a pirate theme there is a castle theme.

Assuming this would run for 3 years, here's a half Wishlist half prediction.

Begins with 4 factions, introduces more and fades others out as time goes by. Each Wave is a year, and each wave gets more wishful, until the last has no chance at all.

...............$100-Lion Castle Raid: Lion Castle, 4 Lions, Lion King, 3 Elves, 4 Vipers, 4 Goblins, 1 Horse for each faction.

I think that your wish-list becomes unrealistic on this set, not wave 3. There's no way that Lego makes a castle with 16 figs and 2 horses. That set would contain the most mini figures in a Castle set ever, and the last castle to be made only had 7 figs and one horse. Sadly, I think that Lego is reducing the number of figs in each Castle set, not adding more than ever.

I don't see it maky any kind of sense what so ever for TRU to get a LEGO cutout featuring 2016 LEGO sets in February 2015. That's just wishful thinking.

It could be, but if it's the old Black Falcon from 2012, why would it still be advertised at TRU? I've only ever seen one unmade Castle fig ever advertised, and that was the Elf in the Lego magazine several years ago (And there will probably be Elves next year). If this is a new design of BF, I would really like to see a picture of it. :wink:

If there are elves, I will totally buy every one of there sets... And the dwarves....

I would love a "true" fantasy theme. The one from a few years ago was a good start, but still lacking a bit I thought. I want to see something a little more detailed. Knights in actual silver knight looking armor, not bright red and blues. Elves with pointy ears and dressed in green with cloaks and bows. Goblins with short legs and bald caps that have big pointy ears and noses. Dwarves with awesome beards and brown earth tones wielding axes and hammers. Orcs with pointy ears and rag tag armor. Huge green trolls, red/black dragons, gryphons, etc. would be awesome. Anything beyond that would be gravy.

Lizardmen, undead, drow, centaurs, unicorns/pegasus, etc. would also be amazing.

I think that your wish-list becomes unrealistic on this set, not wave 3. There's no way that Lego makes a castle with 16 figs and 2 horses. That set would contain the most mini figures in a Castle set ever, and the last castle to be made only had 7 figs and one horse. Sadly, I think that Lego is reducing the number of figs in each Castle set, not adding more than ever.

Well stuff them! We'll take over the company and force them to make Elves, Goblins, Dwarves and Lizards! Who cares abou the humans! To arms, to arms!

*Runs off and fetches a bunch of weapons*

:laugh:

I would love a "true" fantasy theme. The one from a few years ago was a good start, but still lacking a bit I thought. I want to see something a little more detailed. Knights in actual silver knight looking armor, not bright red and blues. Elves with pointy ears and dressed in green with cloaks and bows. Goblins with short legs and bald caps that have big pointy ears and noses. Dwarves with awesome beards and brown earth tones wielding axes and hammers. Orcs with pointy ears and rag tag armor. Huge green trolls, red/black dragons, gryphons, etc. would be awesome. Anything beyond that would be gravy.

Lizardmen, undead, drow, centaurs, unicorns/pegasus, etc. would also be amazing.

Hey, unless Lego does anything completely out of the ordinary (Ninjago :tongue: ) that's what we'll get. :thumbup:

Well stuff them! We'll take over the company and force them to make Elves, Goblins, Dwarves and Lizards! Who cares abou the humans! To arms, to arms!

*Runs off and fetches a bunch of weapons*

Imagine the Lego company being run by a Lizard :grin: Edited by BrickJagger

Wait, what? *huh* Did it look like a new BF, or was it the 2012 one? Because if it were a new one, no doubt they would be in the new theme. :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

I could swear it looked like the CMF knight but with the BF shield from the Joust set.

The marketing decorations sometimes run ahead of the lines. My Target had an aisle banner with the newer lion king months before we had even a hint of the last Castle wave. The other cutouts on the aisle included some I know we have never gotten as figs yet. They included a beret wearing director with a cone shaped megaphone and a lady with a business suit torso briefcase and long grey skirt not unlike the Statue of Liberty fig.

I could swear it looked like the CMF knight but with the BF shield from the Joust set.

Did it have black armor? Or a black visor? Or anything different than the cmf knight other than the shield? It would seem kind of odd to show a picture of a knight who's holding the wrong shield.

The marketing decorations sometimes run ahead of the lines. My Target had an aisle banner with the newer lion king months before we had even a hint of the last Castle wave.

Go back and take a picture.

Go back and take a picture.

I support this petition

The people of Eurobricks demands it

The marketing decorations sometimes run ahead of the lines. My Target had an aisle banner with the newer lion king months before we had even a hint of the last Castle wave. The other cutouts on the aisle included some I know we have never gotten as figs yet. They included a beret wearing director with a cone shaped megaphone and a lady with a business suit torso briefcase and long grey skirt not unlike the Statue of Liberty fig.

Ahead of the lines, sure... but a whole year ahead??

Hey, unless Lego does anything completely out of the ordinary (Ninjago :tongue: ) that's what we'll get. :thumbup:

Imagine the Lego company being run by a Lizard :grin:

*Conspiracy Mode*

It all makes sense! LEGO is the largest toy company in the world, and by far the most popular! A series of addictive games and media, yes! It's become clear now that LEGO is trying to control the toy industry as a smaller part of a global plan by alien lizard men to take over the whole world!

*Normal mode*

Really looking forward to getting more news about this line. Hopefully it won't be as poor as the last line.

About the cut-out, there are a number of unproduced figure designs that have been used in promotional material. I remember some discussion in one of the CMF threads about a figure in boxer shorts with hearts on them alongside a female tailor on a store display. It happens often enough that I don't pay much attention to store displays.

The prospect of a 2016 relaunch has me hopeful. An in-house fantasy line being rumored on the heels of the mini-doll Elves, while a bit speculative, looks to be within the realm of possibility. All the new molds created for Elves could have other applications. Some Chima parts would also make fine additions to a more detailed Castle line.

Speculations apart :wink: I truly hope we'll get a new Fantasy them soon. A "non licensed" them would have have great potential: no franchising limitations and, hopefully, a lower cost. Personally I'd like a Fantasy theme more than just a "Castle" one but at this point anything is well accepted. Fingers crossed :classic:

Did it have black armor? Or a black visor? Or anything different than the cmf knight other than the shield? It would seem kind of odd to show a picture of a knight who's holding the wrong shield.

It was silver, looking mainly like the CMF knight. No tabard. I did not notice the breastplate markings. Visored helm. The more chevron shaped shield with the half black half white bird logo. I think the plume was white, but am not sure on that.

Ya it's a bit unrealistic to expect that many figures in a large castle set. Luckily if it's an original IP Lego can give us proper battle packs, or at least something close. Four minifigures and a small creature for $12 like in Forest Ambush? Yes please!

I would like to see all the factions available in each wave if it went beyond two. Personally my wish list would look something like this (while still trying to be realistic and follow Lego's established formula):

Wave 1

Human Footman Polybag - $3.99

Orc Polybag - $3.99

Elf Accessory Set – $14.99 - 2 Elven Swordsmen, 2 Elven Archers, 1 Elven Magician

This would be your standard blister pack Lego usually releases with their Castle themes in recent years. There really wouldn’t be a build unless it was a super small catapult. It would just have the minifigures, lots of weapons, and a treasure chest full of stuff.

Drow Accessory Set - $14.99 - 5 Drow

Forest Lookout - $11.99 - 1 Human Footman, 1 Human Archer, 1 Orc,1 Goblin, 1 Dire Wolf (similar to the dog mold but slightly larger(?) and more feral looking)

Build would be a small, extremely rickety wooden outpost with flick fire missile

Elven Ambush - $29.99 - 1 Elven Swordsman, 1 Elven Archer, 2 Drow, 1 Black Horse

Build would be a small rickety wagon with a treasure chest full of emeralds and rubies pulled by a black horse. Also included would be a tree that flips a minifigure out of it

Mine Raid - $39.99 - 2 Dwarves, 1 Orc, 2 Goblins

Build would be similar to the Lone Ranger Shoot Out mine except quite a bit smaller. Play features would be a push cart with gold and jewels that goes out of mine and falling rocks/boulders

Orc Outpost - $69.99 - 1 Human Knight, 1 Human Archer, 1 Dwarf, 1 Orc King, 1 Orc, 2 Goblins, 1 Large Red(or Black) Dragon

A smaller square fort made of mostly brown pieces to simulate wood, with some rocks around it. 2 catapults on the outpost and 1 seperate small bolt thrower for the good guys

King's Fortress - $99.99 - 1 Human Knight, 1 Human Footman, 1 Human Archer, 1 Elf Archer, 1 King, 2 Orcs, 1 Drow, 1 Armored Horse

Some sort of non-traditional, more detailed castle would be great. Tall circular towers and a non-square would be preferred here. Of course catapults and some sort of large siege engine for the bad guys to attack with would be a must.

Wave 2

Human Accessory Set - $14.99 - 1 Human Knight, 2 Human Footsoldiers, 2 Human Archers

Orc Accessory Set - $14.99 - 3 Orcs, 2 Goblins, 1 Dire Wolf

Treasure Hide Away - $9.99 - 1 Elven Archer, 2 Lizardmen

Build would be a small cave with a concealed treasure chest in it that can pop out of the cave when you push a lever from the back

Troll Bridge - $24.99 - 1 Human Knight, 1 Human Footman, 1 Goblin, 1 Troll

The build here would be a large stoney bridge with a section of it that "explodes"

Farm Attack - $34.99 - 1 Human Knight, 1 Human Peasant, 2 Orcs, 1 Dire Wolf, 2 Chickens, 1 Cow (?)

Build would be similar to the Mill Village Raid set, except way less minifigures, no cart, and no windmill. The farmhouse might also need to be shrunk a little bit. Play features would include pulley to lift hay up to top of barn, and a cannon to launch it.

Elf Encampment - $59.99 - 1 Elven Magician, 1 Elven Swordsman, 1 Elven Archers, 1 Centaur, 2 Drow

The build for this set would be similar to the new Elve’s Treetop Hideaway but with less pastel colors obviously and a few flick fire missiles in the tree forts. A small bolt thrower would also come for the bad guys to attack with.

Shady Port - $89.99 - 1 Dwarf, 1 Human Knight, 1 Human Archer, 2 Lizardmen, 1 Drow Wizard, 1 Drow, 1 Goblin

The build for this set would include a smallish boat and then a dock. Think similar to the two Hobbit Lake-town sets combined. It would be somewhat modular and have 3-4 small buildings with dock that could be hooked together in different formations. Boat would have flickfire missiles and one building would be a tower with catapult launcher for play feature. Prison with exploding wall, and dock that explodes would be included.

Wave 3

Dwarf Accessory Set – $14.99 - 5 Dwarves

Lizardman Accessory Set - $14.99 - 5 Lizardmen

Goblin Engineer - $19.99 - 1 Elven Archer, 1 Centaur, 1 Goblin, 1 Armored Brown Horse

This build would include a steam punk style mech suit for the Goblin to fit in. Play features would include swinging "buzz saw" arm on the mech suit.

Gryphon Peak - $49.99 - 2 Dwarves, 3 Lizardmen, 1 large molded Gryphon

The build here would be a circular mountain with a nest at the top that has three large white eggs. There would be two spots mid-way up the mountain with levers that release to drop boulders.

Orc War Machine - $69.99 - 3 Dwarves, 2 Orcs, 1 Goblin, 1 Lizardman, 2 Trolls

This would be a huge wagon pulled by two trolls. It would had “wooden” pieces and spikes all over it and a wooden platform with a large catapult for the Orcs to launch boulders at the enemy. The dwarves would have a small wooden barricade with flick fire missile in the center

Market Village Assault - $99.99 - 1 Human Knight, 1 Human Footsoldier, 1 Elven Swordsmen, 1 Human Peasant, 1 Dwarf, 2 Drow, 1 Lizardman, 1 Orc, 2 Chickens, 1 Dire Wolf

This set would be extremely similar to one of the best sets Lego has ever made, Medieval Market Village. It would be more fantasy oriented though with the elves, dwarves, etc. each having their own little stands with their own flare. The main build would be an inn.

Edited by Deathleech

Ya it's a bit unrealistic to expect that many figures in a large castle set. Luckily if it's an original IP Lego can give us proper battle packs, or at least something close. Four minifigures and a small creature for $12 like in Forest Ambush? Yes please!

I would like to see all the factions available in each wave if it went beyond two. Personally my wish list would look something like this (while still trying to be realistic and follow Lego's established formula):

:cry_happy: I would LOVE that. I like how you put some thought into the sets to make them make sense, and the distribution of buildings and weapons to each faction is well done. I would buy every set idea you listed. Maybe Lego should hire you to the Castle team to make the sets less bland and more incredible? :grin:

:cry_happy: I would LOVE that. I like how you put some thought into the sets to make them make sense, and the distribution of buildings and weapons to each faction is well done. I would buy every set idea you listed. Maybe Lego should hire you to the Castle team to make the sets less bland and more incredible? :grin:

You guys remember the Battle the pass from the kingdoms line? 11 mnifigs. 11. for $40. Great set. Should have gotten more than 1.

Thanks! I actually didn't even put that much thought or effort into these set ideas, it took me longer to format and type the post than it did anything. The hardest part was getting a good mix of each faction in each wave. I never have liked when Lego does only certain factions with each wave then moves on to something new each sequential wave. If someone really likes say the elves, and they are only in wave 1 but they missed that wave, well then they are screwed. That or pay extremely high after market prices. I know people still might miss out buying a set they really like from an earlier wave, but at least the way I structured it allows them to still get some of the minifigures.

I also tried to replicate some fan favors such as Medieval Market Village and give a good mix of vehicles and buildings, as you point out, all while making the sets as realistic as possible in terms of minifigure count and price points. Honestly, if Lego came out with anything remotely like this, I would buy TONS of the sets in multiples. that goes for a number of sets too, not just the smallest army builder and blister packs. I know I am a bit bias seeing as they are my ideas though, lol. I would love to see something as a cross between Castle Fantasy and LotR... more vehicles and slightly brighter colors to attract children, but also with enough detail and structure to grab AFOL's attention as well all set in a fantasy realm with lots of mythical creatures and factions.

Aren't we getting too far?

List for sets and we haven't even confirmed castle for 2016?

Maybe. It does show that Castlefans crave this evergreen theme as much as ever, and the lack of new sets for 2015 shows a huge hiatus.