Even the slightest chance of a continuation of Fantasy Era is so exciting!

Fantasy Era is what got me out of my dark ages, and after classic castle definitely my most favorite theme.

Crossing my fingers for non-fleshy elves!

The Medieval Market Street is an impressive MOC but has nothing to do with an actual LEGO set. Not in style, not in presentation and most certainly not in number of bricks.

The Medieval Market Street is an impressive MOC but has nothing to do with an actual LEGO set. Not in style, not in presentation and most certainly not in number of bricks.

Perhaps not, but it is right in line from a conceptual standpoint, and I think that's what people are backing here. I would personally have preferred that the MOC had been designed with production concerns in mind, but either way it's a message to TLG that lots of fans want to see more sets like MMV.

I did back that Market Street idea, but I'm not sure how much chance it really has. It's excessively fancy and complex as posted, and a simplified version already exists (the Medieval Market Village). But it's not out of the question that something good might come out of it, and I'm happy to finally see a major Ideas set that isn't a licensed theme.

I wish we could :

A. Keep LOTR out of this thread

B. Keep Lego Ideas out of this thread

C. Pin this post and move castle 2013 thread

Lol

Agree. I can't understand why the 2013 thread is still pinned. That line is over.

This could be pinned as a "Next Castle theme rumors and discussion" thread

I wish we could :

A. Keep LOTR out of this thread

B. Keep Lego Ideas out of this thread

Lol

So true. :blush:

I personally think that Lotr and Hobbit 2013 should unpinned. Why is it still there? Also, future Lotr sets (because there aren't any, any rumor there is basically a wild goose chase), and Castle 2013 (because that sub theme is over).

We can pin this (because it's a valid rumor with multiple confirmations), but prepare to wait a long, long, time for the new sets, like several months. :thumbdown:

Perhaps not, but it is right in line from a conceptual standpoint, and I think that's what people are backing here. I would personally have preferred that the MOC had been designed with production concerns in mind, but either way it's a message to TLG that lots of fans want to see more sets like MMV.

It will never be produced but it will give more ideas to the designers what people want.

I personally think that Lotr and Hobbit 2013 should unpinned. Why is it still there? Also, future Lotr sets (because there aren't any, any rumor there is basically a wild goose chase), and Castle 2013 (because that sub theme is over).

We can pin this (because it's a valid rumor with multiple confirmations), but prepare to wait a long, long, time for the new sets, like several months. :thumbdown:

Agree some of those should be unpinned but it can be too early to pin this thread.

It's not up there yet because so far it's all rumors. TLG actually checks regularily in how far we present their products. That's how we can hand out prices for competitions. However, TLG is usually pissed off about leaks being posted too early.

True, but the products are still on the shelves. And, as long as you guys keep discussing, the thread stays on top.

True, but the products are still on the shelves.

But not for long when they were sold out now from the official Lego shops.

Couldn't agree more. Need to have a massive spring cleaning and update. I also agree that this thread needs to get back onto rumours of the new Lego Castle developments.

Eh, I'm not sick of humans v something else in Space, I just want a more varied group of aliens, like an alien empire (or empires) with a few species in their own gear, not just naked bug-people. Or something like a return of Blacktron or a Space Pirates group with a varied membership of humans and non-humans!

Not to go off topic, but the Alien Conquest theme did introduce an alien empire - the Hypaxxians, with multiple designs and sub-species(Pilots, troopers, scientists, brain-beasts, etc.), and the CMFs gave us their Empress, in the form of the Alien Villainess fig.

If we get orcs in the castle theme, I just hope they're mean like the LotR orcs. The orcs in the fantasy era just weren't mean enough.

They were mean enough! All of them were grimacing. But they were also generic enough that they could merely be grumpy if you maybe didn't want to have them as the bad guys... some more variety would be nice. A smiling Troll Warrior (or civilian), a snarling one baring more teeth than just the tusks, a female that isn't a weird witch (I've got a couple with the Statue of Liberty head, but she's kinda just "._.").

With Chima ending up this year it would be great if TLG's next big marketing splash was some kind of castle/fantasy setting. That would mean a long term plan and a big variety of sets/minifigs.

While more civilian sets would be nice, they tend not to be big sellers. Mill Village Raid hung around for a long time at retail for example. My sons get much more fun from putting minifigs into prisons than they do pretending to herd pigs, for instance.

Tastes change. Pig farming seems to be all the rage with the Minecraft kiddies.

If we ARE getting a new Fantasy Era, the big question: What faction colors will be represented?

Are we going to see continuations of existing color combos from the 2007 Fantasy Era? Entirely new color pairings? What would you like to see for army colors?

It's almost certain we will have at least 1 human faction...the question being - will they be the Crown Knights, or something different? There's quite a bit of buzz regarding Elves and Goblins. Will they have their own armies, or will they be considered part existing armies from the previous Fantasy Era (under the notion that this would be a direct sequel to the original Fantasy Era)?

Castle Humans have almost exclusively had at least 1 Red and/or Blue army in every release since the beginning of the theme. Would it be time to perhaps give them something more off-color?

I am personally excited for this! It was fantasy era that got me into lego.

I can confirm. Fantasy era brought me back from the dark age.

Fantasy Era 2, or whatever, would be my total best theme. I would run out of money in zero time.

I can confirm. Fantasy era brought me back from the dark age.

Fantasy Era 2, or whatever, would be my total best theme. I would run out of money in zero time.

Agree. If this theme ends up being as good as I'm expecting, this will be the first time I'll get all the sets from a LEGO theme :wub:

That never happened before. The closest I've been to get the whole collection was Knights' Kingdom, back in 2000.

Edited by Robert8

Agree. If this theme ends up being as good as I'm expecting, this will be the first time I'll get all the sets from a LEGO theme

We shouldn't get our hopes up that much yet. I believe we will see castle again in 2016 but what kind, i don't.

It is good to speculate but keep a bit of a realism.

Remember the disappointment when castle 2013 was released.

If we ARE getting a new Fantasy Era, the big question: What faction colors will be represented?

Are we going to see continuations of existing color combos from the 2007 Fantasy Era? Entirely new color pairings? What would you like to see for army colors?

It's almost certain we will have at least 1 human faction...the question being - will they be the Crown Knights, or something different? There's quite a bit of buzz regarding Elves and Goblins. Will they have their own armies, or will they be considered part existing armies from the previous Fantasy Era (under the notion that this would be a direct sequel to the original Fantasy Era)?

Castle Humans have almost exclusively had at least 1 Red and/or Blue army in every release since the beginning of the theme. Would it be time to perhaps give them something more off-color?

As a general rule Lego does not do direct sequels. They will revisit names, characters and symbols, but always as something fresh and new. They do not want the kid oriented play series to feel incomplete. Which is also why we get what seem to be retreads to us, every few years. As the primary target audience ages out the new audience grows into age range and they need to start with a nice Kings Castle etc.

I think we have seen a few clues to potential color schemes however. Look at the CMF's. Series 13's King and Goblin and series 12's Wizard and Princess are a few good hints. At TRU the other day I noticed some figure cutouts on the aisles that included a knight in the black and white BF colors.

I remember all too well. I actually went back and read the first 20 or so pages of the 2013 thread and its remarkable to see how similar our collective wishes are 3 years later, and warch the face palm moment when the sets were revealed.

On another note, I have to wonder if castle will play a bigger part in the next Lego movie. If a fresh castle theme is about a year into its cycle it'll be prime for inclusion, and I bet the film makers will be looking to other themes to keep things new and exciting, especially since "Middle Zealand" was pretty much skipped over in the first one.

I think we have seen a few clues to potential color schemes however. Look at the CMF's. Series 13's King and Goblin and series 12's Wizard and Princess are a few good hints.

These "Castle minifigs" are absolutely brilliant! If the new Castle theme follows those, it sure is a win!

I think we have seen a few clues to potential color schemes however. Look at the CMF's. Series 13's King and Goblin and series 12's Wizard and Princess are a few good hints. At TRU the other day I noticed some figure cutouts on the aisles that included a knight in the black and white BF colors.

True

The Castle subtheme was kinda rare in the early series of the CMF theme, and I was wondering why there have been so many Castle minifigures in the CMF theme recently: The Goblin, The Evil Wizard, The Fairytale Princess, The Jester, The Classic King and The Wizard.

Now we know....

We shouldn't get our hopes up that much yet. I believe we will see castle again in 2016 but what kind, i don't.

It is good to speculate but keep a bit of a realism.

I know you're right, but with the CMF theme now going downhill, I'm expecting this Fantasy Castle theme will be now my #1 favorite theme