Do you think this is going to be a sequel like Knights' Kingdom 2004 and Knights' Kingdom 2006 or just a reboot?

Do you think this is going to be a sequel like Knights' Kingdom 2004 and Knights' Kingdom 2006 or just a reboot?

Reboot. The guy I spoke to said that the new theme was "similar" to the Fantasy Era, he basically meant that at least one of the factions would be fantasy based. From what he said, it didn't sound like a continuation but it is closely related to the older sets. I guess you could compare it to Kingdoms-Castle 2013 in a way. :shrug_oh_well:

It would be great if true. I remember similar wishful conversations when the last theme came about.

It seems that most of us want the return of classic factions and/or non-licensed fantasy. I certainly agree, and just hope that whatever the next theme is, it has nice heraldry.

What I've learned from this Pirate wave is that it's very, very blending with the first 1989's wave.

I'm not too excited just because I always keep my feet on the ground, because if this rumour is true, I would have to save a big, big amount of money for 2016. Really, since I was in the dark age in 2007-2008 and I went out just in 2009, but I had very few money so I wasn't able to buy all those magnificent Fantasy Era sets (though I managed to get a lot afterwards, but less than I needed).

So before raising my cup, I see there are four ways to me this is going to end.

1) The rumour is fake

You know how this goes. A TLG employees says something (perhaps: he says ELVES, which we actually have) and the storekeeper hears it his way (WOW A CASTLE LINE WITH A LOT OF ELVES AND OTHER FANTASY CREATURES) and then we have mistranslations, misunderstandings, etc.

2) Rumour is legit, but it's your typical Castle wave.

Everybody chill out. Usual castle, usual tower, usual wagon, not that I dislike, but meh.

3) Fantasy era is back.

You see it coming. Elves, dwarves, orcs, bingo! A total seller among AFOLs, a total seller among TFOLs.

4) Classic castle reboot.

Brace yourselves. Are we getting a meaning for this?

3846pb31.jpg?1

Who knows?

Ok I said I was keeping my feet on the ground and now I'm not. But... you know...

Yes the teaser with the Black Falcon knight in the joust whipped up quite a storm. All for adding some blue back into the mix....The Black Falcon v Lion Knights was when I got into castle in a major way back in the late 70's early 80's.

Even if this is true, Castle is traditionally a summer release - meaning that we're looking at 1½ years untill these sets would be released. So a bit early to get super excited...

Even if this is true, Castle is traditionally a summer release - meaning that we're looking at 1½ years untill these sets would be released. So a bit early to get super excited...

Come on...just keep a little hope that there might be some Castle goodness this year...no need to suck all the hope out of it. :wink:

Would love to see a remake of those classic castles theme back then in 80's and 90's

What fond memories I have about them. Sadly I've lost them when I moved :cry_sad:

I think the pieces should be still around (so there is a chance they have not been lost but just disassembled) if so I could rebuild them.

Anyway, any good quality Castle line (namely better than 2013 one) is highly appreciated :classic:

Fantasy Era is coming back?

YES! YES! YES!

Oh gosh, this is so exciting! I've still got all my orcs and dwarfs from back then, and I would LOVE to expand their ranks and add a bit of variety. Oh wow, I'm thrilled, I cannot wait!

I'm hoping it's true, too. Fantasy Era v2 would be fantastic in every sense! I've been collecting fantasy minifigures since 1993 and would welcome the opportunity to add more with open arms - and wallet!

Hoping for some mythical monster fights like the Vikings line. A Cerebus-type creature, maybe a Kraken, a Leshy, etc. The possibilities are endless! Maybe we can finally get a three-headed dragon mold, or some other monsters.

Best news I've heard all day!

New/expanded ranges of fantasy minifigures such as elves and goblins would be excellent especially as battle packs. Large monsters, I imagine, would be in sets with castles, wagons, siege engines etc as well as minifigs of course.

Note that TLG has done a brick-built kraken and a moulded Cerberus before. I have both of them.

I'd really like to see a return to Fantasy. I collected Castle sets back in the late 80's and early 90's...so I've got a good collection of vintage stuff, but I haven't seen anything from the last 10-15 years that made me upset for having missed it like the Fantasy Era.

Anyway, a fantasy theme would be epic- all those moulds introduced in CMF series! But it wouldn't be focussed enough- you'd have an elf orientated set, a goblin set, human set, skeleton set, dwarf set. If they produce the same amount of sets, that's all the sets right there. I'd bet the cmf moulds will be in the big sets, to persuade you to buy them.

New/expanded ranges of fantasy minifigures such as elves and goblins would be excellent especially as battle packs. Large monsters, I imagine, would be in sets with castles, wagons, siege engines etc as well as minifigs.

There are more than enough parts to build great armies for all the fantasy factions that have been mentioned many times in this thread already.

Do I want more stuff to be released? Yes of course!

Do I also think that if people were half as inventive with their army building/collecting as they are with the building of their (frankly breathtaking) MOC's on here then would we be having a different type of conversation here? Yes again!

And I'm not including painting or cutting or customising in the manner of say Wardancer and the rest over on the customisers forums... 99% of the armies I've built or planned to build are just being selective on a theme and popping and swapping arms and heads!

Much love

D

There may a lot of "parts" that can be used for fantasy armies but currently, and I highlight currently, the only fantasy sets available are those from LOTR/ The Hobbit themes and the undertone 2013 Castle.

Sure if you had the older sets or if you're willing to pay the prices asked for buying those sets right now you do have a lots of parts but if you look at the current "stock" sets (not everyone is willing to pay 100€ for a 150 pieces set :wink: ) Fantasy is indeed lacking a wide range of "available options" :classic:

There may a lot of "parts" that can be used for fantasy armies but currently, and I highlight currently, the only fantasy sets available are those from LOTR/ The Hobbit themes and the undertone 2013 Castle. Sure if you had the older sets or if you're willing to pay the prices asked for buying those sets right now you do have a lots of parts but if you look at the current "stock" sets (not everyone is willing to pay 100€ for a 150 pieces set :wink: ) Fantasy is indeed lacking a wide range of "available options" :classic:

I don't know - I suppose the trick is to get creative... be flexible on colour schemes when possible... scour BrickLink for torso assemblies or even just the torso on its own and find some cheaper arms for them! But i guess I'm just focusing on minifigs... I mean if you're looking at €350 budget for an army, then €2.5 per minifig gives an army of 140 units... not too shabby!

D

I just saw the new UCS Helicarrier and I really like the new microfigures (painted versions of the trophy). I think a fairy / sprite faction using the new microfigs would be a really exciting new area for castle fantasy and open up lots of new build options. So Lego designers reading this...uhh, get on that!

Some of the rumors kicking around give the suspicion that it might be more akin to Fantasy Era.

What I've learned from this Pirate wave is that it's very, very blending with the first 1989's wave.

I'm not too excited just because I always keep my feet on the ground, because if this rumour is true, I would have to save a big, big amount of money for 2016. Really, since I was in the dark age in 2007-2008 and I went out just in 2009, but I had very few money so I wasn't able to buy all those magnificent Fantasy Era sets (though I managed to get a lot afterwards, but less than I needed).

So before raising my cup, I see there are four ways to me this is going to end.

1) The rumour is fake

You know how this goes. A TLG employees says something (perhaps: he says ELVES, which we actually have) and the storekeeper hears it his way (WOW A CASTLE LINE WITH A LOT OF ELVES AND OTHER FANTASY CREATURES) and then we have mistranslations, misunderstandings, etc.

2) Rumour is legit, but it's your typical Castle wave.

Everybody chill out. Usual castle, usual tower, usual wagon, not that I dislike, but meh.

3) Fantasy era is back.

You see it coming. Elves, dwarves, orcs, bingo! A total seller among AFOLs, a total seller among TFOLs.

4) Classic castle reboot.

Brace yourselves. Are we getting a meaning for this?

Who knows?

Ok I said I was keeping my feet on the ground and now I'm not. But... you know...

Or it could be the Scooby Doo option all over again. We've been skunked and TLG has signed a "Gummi Bears" license with Disney

Some of the rumors kicking around give the suspicion that it might be more akin to Fantasy Era.

I know, I was asking if this is going to be a sequel for Castle 2007, like Knights' Kingdom 2006 was a sequel for Knights' Kingdom 2004. I was just giving an example. :laugh:

And I hope there won't be dwarves, skeletons and trolls again, since we already have them. It's time for new factions

I think a fairy / sprite faction using the new microfigs would be a really exciting new area for castle fantasy and open up lots of new build options. So Lego designers reading this...uhh, get on that!

That's a pretty good idea!

Edited by Robert8

And I hope there won't be dwarves, skeletons and trolls again, since we already have them.

I don't. And it's a little hard to swallow the going prices for them on the aftermarket. While I'd like to see some new factions as well, I'd also like to see some of those existing factions from years ago. They don't have to be represented as extensively as they were back then, but even a battle pack would be appreciated, just to help some of us get up to speed without breaking the bank.

I don't. And it's a little hard to swallow the going prices for them on the aftermarket. While I'd like to see some new factions as well, I'd also like to see some of those existing factions from years ago. They don't have to be represented as extensively as they were back then, but even a battle pack would be appreciated, just to help some of us get up to speed without breaking the bank.

Well.... I wouldn't be mad if they reappear. My mine is missing some dwarves to populate it.

If they are getting new foes, I think it's time to get an extra Dwarves Mine Defender set :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

Or it could be the Scooby Doo option all over again. We've been skunked and TLG has signed a "Gummi Bears" license with Disney

Thankfully, the store manager said that it was an in-house theme. Bless my lucky stars. :laugh:

And I hope there won't be dwarves, skeletons and trolls again, since we already have them. It's time for new factions

I on the contrary hope we will see the existing factions fleshed out. At least sand green Orcs/Trolls. But I do think it will be a complete reboot of Castle, since thats the modus operandi nowadays. So a bigger chance for Elves and CMF style Goblins, I guess. Not that I would be too disappointed.

I want to believe this so much. *crosses fingers* I hope it's true.

Here's my wish list:

1) Less j.u.n.i.o.r.i.z.e.d arms and flags, like Kingdoms and Black Falcons. Kids love what kids get. They love the beautiful, big lion from the last Castle theme, even if they can't see it's just j.u.n.i.o.r.i.z.e.d. But what they really want is a flag they can carry on when they grow up, even if that only means a couple of years. That's because they want to be adults like knights and heroes and stuff, but we know they should be kids for as long as they can. So balance that all -- throw them toys, but make their flags at least look like "adult stuff". Like Kingdoms Lion Knights, or more neutral like Black Falcons, Forestmen, Wolfpack, the Bull...

2) Meaningful sets. Learn from previous medieval and fantasy themes, like Castle, Kingdoms and LotR, and give us meaningful sets. Who didn't get multiples of 9471 Uruk-hai Army? Now that was a great set. Great add-on, awesome army builder: Not only did your castle grew larger, but so did your armies (both the good army and the badies' one!) Now, who got multiples of 9472 Attack on Weathertop? As important as that set/location is lore-wise, it was not good even as a parts pack (yes, I am looking at its price too).

2a) Give us great add-ons. We love our castles and towers and fortresses, but we also want great add-ons for those. Check 6061 Siege Tower, for instance. Or 6062 Battering Ram. Or 8813 Battle at the Pass. Great add-ons: The ones you can use to expand other sets from the same theme, and that you can also use to army-build. With minifigures and maybe a siege weapon.

2b) Great polybags. We love big sets, and great add-on sets, but we also want polybags with figures, items (weapons, shields, treasure chests), maybe a tree or target or something, like 30062 Target Practice or small sets like 1695 Treasure Cart, 1480 King's Catapult and maybe 6011 Black Knight's Treasure.

2c) Castle CMF. Lets face it, it's got to happen.

3) Give us more than 2 factions. In the good ole days we had Crusaders, Lion Knights, Black Falcons, Wolfpack, Forestmen... And we loved them all! Who were the good guys? And the bad ones? It was up to you. So on to (3a).

3a) Let us decide who the good and the bad guys are. As much as making the distinction between who is good and who is bad makes it all the easier for the kids, let them decide who they want to support, and who they think the good/not so good/the bad should be. Or maybe they are all good but there's some misunderstanding between them...

4) Give us more than soldiers and knights and kings and wizards. Let there be a civilian faction. Or at least half-civilian, like 6040 Blacksmith Shop, 6041 Armor Shop and 6067 Guarded Inn. Make them interesting like 1680 Crusader's Cart or maybe 1974 Smuggler's Hayride.

4a) Give us ruins and history. And let them be meaningful. "The knight left King's Castle and went on an errand. Crossing the woods, he came by this strange ruins. Ruins, yes, but inhabitated nevertheless...". Yes, I'm talking 6066 Camouflaged Outpost and 6054 Forestmen's Hideout. Great add-ons. Not city/village, not castles or fortresses. But they added so much nevertheless!

5) Give us more than buildings. You know what made previous castle lines so loved? They were not restricted to a few -- or a lot -- of buildings. There was more: There were carts and boats too. There were convoys and coaches.

6) Battlepacks. I can't stress this enough. Soldiers, knights, civilians (don't forget the civilians!), and (why not?) animals (like cows and horses).

Last, but not least:

7) Make it last. I know it all comes down to sales. So please plan far and wide. Give us more than one year worth of sets. Think more like 3. And by that, I don't mean some sets in the first year, a few more in the second year and then big, beautiful set like Kingdoms Joust. I mean the basics on the first year (big castle, a smaller fortress, a tower or two, multiple add-ons), then balanced waves in the second year (a big castle for the faction that didn't get one in the previous year), meaningful add-ons, and then, in the third year, a big "showdown", "display" set if it has to come to that.

I know most of this sounds like wishful thiking. And it is. But I do hope it can be made somehow.

Pax!

EDIT: Spelling

I'd love it if it were a Black Falcons or Crusaders reboot, or maybe a Kingdoms continuation, but I think I can settle with a well-done fantasy theme (see above).

Whatever is coming for Castle this year, the next, or in the near future, there's one thing I ask: Do NOT change the old factions. Don't make the Black Falcons the bad guys, nor the heroes. Don't change the Dragon Knights or the Crusaders. Let those factions be. Kingdoms Lion Knights were a great tribute to previous Lion Knights. The Black Falcon from Kigdos Joust was another great homage, even if he was supposed to be a Dragon Knight (you didn't think we would be fooled by all that black and green, right?). He was clearly the challenger, but he was never stated to be bad, as the princess-kidnapping armies of Kingdoms Dragon Knights were.

Edited by Artifex

8813 Battle at the Pass. for $40. Was an amazing set you got ELEVEN minifigures for the armies to fight each other. ELEVEN. Now we got Battle of FIve Armies that doesn't even have any armies in it besides the two regular orcs.