Hi Just2Good. I saw your Youtube video, and I can assure you that this is not a fake report. My post included just about everything I learned from my conversation with the Lego store manager. The reason I joined just yesterday is because I wanted to share this news with you guys and I didn't have anything of note to post before yesterday. Hope that clears up the confusion. :classic:

Hey, I trust ya! I just put that little skepticism in the video for the people who are always skeptics. I'm sure you're right. :classic:

And thanks for sharing this news!

It's hard to know why anyone does what they do. A few months ago someone said a lego store employee told them a Death Star sized Star Wars set was coming out in January.. Clearly that has not happened. A week or two ago someone in the marvel thread started making claims about sets, got everyone excited and then admitted he lied. Why? I have no idea.

I will say this, all good reporters seek out a second source for confirmation of any tips they receive. Because even when everyone tells the truth as they know it, the facts can be wrong. Other than that one can only be vigilant to the truth and hope the facts bear them out.

That being said I do hope the rumor to be true and am excited to the possibilities of what TLG could bring us.

Oh, okay. I'll just let you know that I have no intention of spreading around false rumors just to get people excited. :tongue:

Anytime J2G :wink:

Edited by BrickJagger

Brick Jagger:

We could think this rumour is fake but that doesn't mean we think you are lying.

Personally, I'd love to see Fantasy Era back. Castle 2007 has been one of the most successful Castle themes ever. That's the Castle theme with the largest number of sets, so I think this rumor could be true.

Brick Jagger:

We could think this rumour is fake but that doesn't mean we think you are lying.

Personally, I'd love to see Fantasy Era back. Castle 2007 has been one of the most successful Castle themes ever. That's the Castle theme with the largest number of sets, so I think this rumor could be true.

Okay, I understand your thinking. :thumbup:

Meanwhile, let's speculate on what sets we could get if this were a direct continuation of the line. I'd like an Elf hideout and a Goblin cave in the first wave as I've been waiting for awhile for those factions to be made. I do think that the Goblin hat/ears could be reused for the new line, as most Cmf parts are repurposed eventually.

Has anyone give a thought that it might be a (world of)warcraft theme? Not sure if megabloks has ended that license.

Will gel well with the movie release date.

Dwarfs and Trolls might blend well :)

Has anyone give a thought that it might be a (world of)warcraft theme? Not sure if megabloks has ended that license.

Don't see why LEGO would pick up the license, as the Megabloks sets sold very poorly.

World of Warcraft would not be a good brand fit for TLG. Better to have Lego dream up sets we want. I'm hoping though that any new sets will have more substance to them. I didn't buy any Lego Castle Sets from the last wave because they didn't have enough of a build experience to them.

Edited by Wodanis

Don't see why LEGO would pick up the license, as the Megabloks sets sold very poorly.

Perhaps they weren't very good

Edited by Artanis I

You could've said the same thing(and many did) about Scooby Doo!

I think the perceived poor sales of the LOTR/Hobbit sets would be more of a deterrent than what another company did with a license.

Well, im gonna go out on a limb and give this guy credit. No one believed me about POTC or LOTR when i said it was official, ex Lego employee here for newish people that dont know me.

Sounds good if true. I only wonder whether any goblins/orcs/trolls will be sand green to maintain continuity with the Fantasy Era or olive green like the current CMF Goblin or the Moria Orcs, which seems more likely, as olive green seems like a more popular color for these kinds of guys.

Still bummed there is no Castle this summer. I guess TLG wants to get rid of its LotR/Hobbit stock.

If this is true, then I have to up the LEGO savings budget...

Some things I hope to see in Castle Fantasy II..if it happens.

Bring back the battle packs!

Black Falcons...like the knight in the last Castle Joust set.

Forestmen...updated clothing and weaponry.

More peasants and common folk...like the Mill and Barn set.

Some mounted warriors...like the Huns, Celts etc.

Non human factions...

Trolls/orcs/goblins

Elves

Dwarves

Some other lawful dragons other than the green

Maybe some Chima styled beast faction like Wolfen or Bearmen or Cats etc

Crownies or Lions in the red and the blue styles as well as the Green Dragonmen.

Bandits...Wolfpack mkII

Another addition to the village market set. Houses, buildings other than smithies...

Modular castle sets. Walls, gates and towers that could be added to a bigger castle set or be used to build up to one over time.

Hot damn if this is true.

I'd like this to be true. Count me in as a skeptic (no offence meant). If I'm wrong, then I shall party with the rest of y'all. It just seems a bit like it panders to our (AFOL) wants- kids are probably just as happy with Knights and wizards and horses. And Lego's audience is kids first. I'd be inclined to think they'll head along the same lines as Kingdoms and the 2013 line- two human factions duking it out. Probably a rehash of older sigils- Falcons and Wolves perhaps, although I'm guessing they'll do some sort of Lion and dragon insignia- given that's what they used in the last two.

Anyway, a fantasy theme would be epic- all those moulds introduced in CMF series! But it wouldn't be focussed enough- you'd have an elf orientated set, a goblin set, human set, skeleton set, dwarf set. If they produce the same amount of sets, that's all the sets right there. I'd bet the cmf moulds will be in the big sets, to persuade you to buy them.

A few mainly incoherent ramblings on the subject.

Personally I would like if instead of factions fighting that they have mythical creatures. Something along the lines of creatures like the balrog. Or creatures/monsters from Greek mythology. Knights sent on quests to mysterious lands to battle creatures threatening their world. And yes, something other than dragons.

Edited by Darth Punk

Black Falcons...like the knight in the last Castle Joust set.

Apart from this, I could agree with everything you wrote. But the new Falcon heraldry? Yuck. Please keep the heraldry classic. Or at least as close as the new Bluecoats from the Pirate theme are to the original Bluecoats.

Brick Jagger:

I agree 100%. The fantasy era gave me a great push to start working on castle themes.

Maybe..... A TV show for this? Not sure if it would work, but it would mean a more steady stream of new sets...

I'm hoping for lots of elves, dwarves and dragons :wub:

Maybe..... A TV show for this? Not sure if it would work, but it would mean a more steady stream of new sets...

I'm hoping for lots of elves, dwarves and dragons :wub:

I would LOVE a tv show with a story like Ninjago's to give us a lot of variation in the sets. :grin:

But if they will be rotating Pirates and Castle, and there will be a Castle theme on late 2015/early 2016.... then that means Pirates won't get a second wave :sadnew:

Edited by Robert8

But if they will be rotating Pirates and Castle, and there will be a Castle theme on late 2015/early 2016.... then that means Pirates won't get a second wave :sadnew:

I think TLG can manage both lines simultaneously. They used to have both lines when pirates initially came out. :wub:

Isn't it about time they do a castle/medieval thing based off of a region other than Europe? Or maybe a historic theme based on something before Medieval times, namely a Greco-Roman styled theme which they already have figures for from the CMF series.

I think TLG can manage both lines simultaneously. They used to have both lines when pirates initially came out. :wub:

Back then they didn't have Ninjago, Chima & Star Wars for competition. I think we'll get one or the other for the most part.

I really hope this is true. I've been hoping for a fantasy based faction theme for a while now. I really think they could pull it off similar to the way they did Chima. There could be knights, elves, evil warriors, goblins, dwarves, etc. So many possibilities.