Wonderful news :classic:

A comeback of the Fantasy Era theme would be really amazing.

I hope we get more news soon :wink:

I hope we get some more villagers and peasants along with some more houses (tavern, cottages, mills or even something like church or such) and also for some new reintroducing of elves and or dwarves with goblins and orcs.. Now TLG have all necessary molds for those pieces, so I hope for pretty good line :)

I hope we get some more villagers and peasants along with some more houses

That'd would be pretty nice but I doubt it. There was none of this in the fantasy line.

As much as I liked the lotr line it fall apart since it's second wave.Same goes for the hobbit,it's a real shame but still we got some great sets nonetheless.

If the rumors are true I hope we get a mix between forestmen and elves.And goblins like the one from the newest cmf line.

Edited by LOTR34

Firstly I think we might be getting a bit carried away this is not really hard news now is it. Also I am the only that would not like a fantasy line so soon after Lego messed up the king of all fantasy lines LOTR, if they could make that work why do they think in house would be better.

Firstly I think we might be getting a bit carried away this is not really hard news now is it. Also I am the only that would not like a fantasy line so soon after Lego messed up the king of all fantasy lines LOTR, if they could make that work why do they think in house would be better.

lotr/hobbit themes were licensed but a non-licensed castle theme might give Lego more freedom,I don't know we'll wait and see. Edited by LOTR34

They would have more freedom with their in house line, whereas they are constrained by the terms of the license agreement for the LOTR franchise. The pre-conceptions around an in-house theme are also significantly less, which was something they were never going to be able to live up to (for sensible price points) with the LOTR franchise; to many competing viewpoints that could never be satisfied between the mini-fig collectors, army builder and the LOTR complete-ists that desired ABS versions of every single character in every possible costume.

They would have more freedom with their in house line, whereas they are constrained by the terms of the license agreement for the LOTR franchise. The pre-conceptions around an in-house theme are also significantly less, which was something they were never going to be able to live up to (for sensible price points) with the LOTR franchise; to many competing viewpoints that could never be satisfied between the mini-fig collectors, army builder and the LOTR complete-ists that desired ABS versions of every single character in every possible costume.

Definitely. Some people continue to blame TLG for the LoTR line yet fail to recognize that another party is involved. Another party who was probably more interested in ultimately promoting a new trilogy. Not in making sure someone gets their complete collection.

An in house theme allows TLG to basically go in any direction they so choice and gives designers more freedom to create. They aren't limited by the source or pre-production material that often gets altered in the process of making films. Which is why for the most part LoTR sets look better and are closer to the movies than the hobbit ones.

I would be happier with a return of Forestmen and Black Falcons. That said, any Castle is better than no Castle.

That'd would be pretty nice but I doubt it. There was none of this in the fantasy line.

In Fantasy Era and Knight Kingdom there were some of these sets like Medieval Market, Village Mill attack and Knights Joust... I think that more peasnats are welcome. Evil and Good factions are ok, but there should be something in the middle, liek forestmen and wolfpack in old classic castle series. I would like also Black Falcons and less Lion Knights since we got plenty of their rehashes. And some new colour scheme would be nice for them as well. I like dragon knights with green and yellow scheme... Lets se what TLG brings to us :)

Man, I hope you're right. There's been a new Castle theme every 3 years, so it makes perfect sense.

Hi Just2Good. I saw your Youtube video, and I can assure you that this is not a fake report. My post included just about everything I learned from my conversation with the Lego store manager. The reason I joined just yesterday is because I wanted to share this news with you guys and I didn't have anything of note to post before yesterday. Hope that clears up the confusion. :classic:

I hope we get some more villagers and peasants along with some more houses (tavern, cottages, mills or even something like church or such)

Oh Yes please! I don't mind the fantasy things, even if I don't like it (I would sell all the minifig or give them to my kids), but I really want more medieval buildings and "ordinary" people :wub:

Would sound really good, I would like a mix of Fantasy era and Kingdoms.

but I really want more medieval buildings and "ordinary" people :wub:

This but I wouldn´t mind forestmen that were actually elves but no more spooky skeleton/witches stuff!

I gave all the elves of my Hobbit sets to my son, and I "borrow" the legs and the torsos sometimes for my "normal medieval humans" because I think they are amazing (the dresses of Galadriel and Arwen :wub: , and the clothes of Tauriel, OMG :blush: ).

Could potentially be good news, if they are true :)

If so, hopefully it will be more like Medieval Market Village and less skeletons!

If this is true, it's great news.

I really want more medieval buildings and "ordinary" people :wub:

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. A combination of fantasy and more ciivilian-oriented sets would be awesome

Hi Just2Good. I saw your Youtube video, and I can assure you that this is not a fake report. My post included just about everything I learned from my conversation with the Lego store manager. The reason I joined just yesterday is because I wanted to share this news with you guys and I didn't have anything of note to post before yesterday. Hope that clears up the confusion. :classic:

I think what you need to understand is you are not the first person to do this. While some claims have been later verified to be true there are plenty of others that were found to be false. It's a matter of credibility. Without a history it really is hard to gauge whether the information is valid. Not to mention one has to take what a lego store employee says with a grain of salt. TLG has gotten really good at keeping secrets and one way to do this is not by telling those in direct contact with the public. As based on your report this is what TLG tries to avoid from happening. If you are ever on brick picker.com there is a thread called,something like things heard said by a lego employee. Some wild rumors come out and sometimes are based on things said here that have no basis in truth.

I'm sure you can understand the position people are in here.

Edited by Darth Punk

I think what you need to understand is you are not the first person to do this. While some claims have been later verified to be true there are plenty of others that were found to be false. It's a matter of credibility. Without a history it really is hard to gauge whether the information is valid. Not to mention one has to take what a lego store employee says with a grain of salt. TLG has gotten really good at keeping secrets and one way to do this is not by telling those in direct contact with the public. As based on your report this is what has exactly what TLG tries to avoid from happening. If you are ever on brick picker.com there is a thread called,something like things heard said by a lego employee. Some wild rumors come out and sometimes are based on things said here that have no basis in truth.

I'm sure you can understand the position people are in here.

I respect your opinion ,and it is interesting to see other people's points of view, but If I wanted to lie about something (which I don't) then why would I lie about some new Lego sets? :laugh: Just2Good is a leaker himself, and I'd be curious to know if people doubted him when he posted his first leak. Gotta start somewhere, right? :wink:

Although I found something this time, I don't usually get good responses from store employees. :hmpf_bad: All I was doing was merely repeated exactly what I heard. If it is eventually proven false, the blame should not be on me, however I am confident that this rumor is correct based on the man's knowledge of Castle as a whole and the fact that he was a manager.

P.S. Why would he lie to me? Even if he was confusing Castle with being something else, I don't know what it could be as he made it clear it wasn't Elves.

^ Just2Good would have been doubted at first but we all know now that he's Just too good. The other thing is we know how and when good leaks are likely to come about and lego store manager don't know that must unless its happening soon.

I respect your opinion ,and it is interesting to see other people's points of view, but If I wanted to lie about something (which I don't) then why would I lie about some new Lego sets? :laugh: Just2Good is a leaker himself, and I'd be curious to know if people doubted him when he posted his first leak. Gotta start somewhere, right? :wink:

Although I found something this time, I don't usually get good responses from store employees. :hmpf_bad: All I was doing was merely repeated exactly what I heard. If it is eventually proven false, the blame should not be on me, however I am confident that this rumor is correct based on the man's knowledge of Castle as a whole and the fact that he was a manager.

P.S. Why would he lie to me? Even if he was confusing Castle with being something else, I don't know what it could be as he made it clear it wasn't Elves.

It's hard to know why anyone does what they do. A few months ago someone said a lego store employee told them a Death Star sized Star Wars set was coming out in January.. Clearly that has not happened. A week or two ago someone in the marvel thread started making claims about sets, got everyone excited and then admitted he lied. Why? I have no idea.

I will say this, all good reporters seek out a second source for confirmation of any tips they receive. Because even when everyone tells the truth as they know it, the facts can be wrong. Other than that one can only be vigilant to the truth and hope the facts bear them out.

That being said I do hope the rumor to be true and am excited to the possibilities of what TLG could bring us.

^ This. People on the board can be too harsh when someone steps forward with a report. You might be right or you might be wrong if your source is wrong. There is no reason to badger or harass you.

If you are right this time, people will give my credence to any future reports.

That said, this seems likely to me as it is about time for Castle to come back.