brickbuilder711

GFLUG at Tampa Train Show 2014

Hi friends,

Just wanted to share some video from one of the larger local train shows in Florida where Greater Florida LEGO Users Group put together a massive display with a replica of Downtown Tampa, FL as well as many suburban and rural scenes.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Edited by brickbuilder711

That's a nice display... and huge. The staging yards at the end of the video are interesting, did you have a complete loop around the layout with the trains running continuously, or were you running trains from one yard to the other?

At the 2:18 mark is the LEGOLand train- is that the same version as the employee exclusive set released last year?

I believe it's a larger version, though the owner also has the Employee exclusive and it was somewhere on static display. From what I heard he paid quite handsomely for it.

That's a nice display... and huge. The staging yards at the end of the video are interesting, did you have a complete loop around the layout with the trains running continuously, or were you running trains from one yard to the other?

Thanks! I agree it's massive. We run from yard to yard. Some will loop around some will be stopped and others will be kicked out.

Forever jealous of you Yanks... The only Lego show I know of is hundreds of miles away and nowhere near anybody I know... :(

Thanks guys! @Redimus This was actually 260 miles from me as well, I'm in the south part of the state while the members are scattered in the center of the state. Not many shows or displays that I get to visit each year, maybe 1 to 2 at best.

Thanks guys! @Redimus This was actually 260 miles from me as well, I'm in the south part of the state while the members are scattered in the center of the state. Not many shows or displays that I get to visit each year, maybe 1 to 2 at best.

....oh...

I stand corrected! lol