Hi all

i have not posted for a while been busy with work just thought i would share my latest creation with you the victorian engine shed, i used around 6000 bricks and most of christmas doing it it took a while to get the look i wanted but i finally got there had a good response when it was on show at alexandra palace LME 2015 with Brickish Association

thanks Ray

Lego Victorian Train Shed

15744312153_ece90afa8e_c.jpg

Lego Victorian Train Shed by creative bricks, on Flickr

Edited by Rick

AWESOME realistic 19th century train shed 'Raymdbrown'......I really like the window and brickwork - that's what sells it. :thumbup:

Brick On 'Raymdbrown' ! :grin:

Ah fantastic. I also like the details. The shell tanker at the side of the shed looks really great! Great stuff.

Nice job. I like the wrap around decking, is that prototypical or something you designed? Funny, I was wondering why I never saw your MOC on Flickr in the past, after see this post I realized ...cause its new! :-)

I just built a modern engine shed, but it needs some detailing. I was wondering if you found any good source materials on engine sheds?

SteveB

Very nice work. The exterior is looking absolutely great. Nice detailing there. The brickwork, the roof, the doors, the platform, the oil drum. Amazing

I love that shed! I looks like it was torn straight out of a model railway layout, the little tank engine up front is lovely too.

Thanks for you great comments it's loosely based on a uk engine shed with memories of the hornby train shed that could be used with plastic platforms

What a great idea to use 1x2 plates to simulate real bricks! Has that technique been used before? Seems so obvious!

This is pretty outstanding. I'm trying to work out a nice roundhouse, and I may steal a good chunk of this.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: !

Love the DkRed / Red brickwork!!

I think there's a tad bit of Reddish Brown in there, if I'm not mistaken.. lol.

This is great. Welder working on a Sunday or a holiday... It needs its own, proper base, I think; but everything else about it works very well together. The sideway logs used to make the coal cart are wonderful - and I generally abhor 'outside' stickering in MOC's, but you've made it look really good here.

Achieving that 'rust' color that you must've imagined in your head must feel good, and pairing it with that dark green - very nice. I, too, like to play around with the silver colors for accent. This is first for me, seeing the dark green hose, which I didn't know existed (But I do know that green hose is very hard to come by...)

Thank you for sharing this. It drew me into the Train Tech forums. Seems that modulars hugely overshadow both Trains and Historic builds in terms of interest, and that a lot of 'Townies' rarely venture out of Town, but I've run across some of THE best builders in both Train dioramas and in Medieval scenes - both of which also always emphasize landscaping and overall feel of presentation. This certainly, likewise, has both.

You should place some of those pics directly into the thread here, so as more people will actually see this without having to worry about following a blind Flickr link - I know some are too hesitant, or lazy, to do so.

Edited by notaromantic

Oh wow! That's a great build. The detailing is over the top. With all of those plates I bet it is heavier that all get out. I have seen the plates a bricks a few times before, but that never detracts from the beauty of that technique.