LegoJalex

Caravan in snow

When I was taking a walk one afternoon I saw this caravan on the side of the road, and got then inspired to build it in LEGO.

16303702786_f4e91d32ea_z.jpg

Edited by LegoJalex

Like it, I really love abandoned buildings, vehicles, ships etc. This one is not looking abondoned but it´s a cool and authentic build!

Very neat, I dig how you used a microscale build to evoke the impression of depth!

The caravan itself also looks very realistic, though it rather looks like an old, parked caravan than one that was really abandoned. Some minor details (some shrubbery around it, license plate missing or hanging askew, some brown spots to simulate rust) might add to the feel of abandonment.

Nice caravan but it's the forced perspective buildings that I like the most here - really well done and effective!!

Excellent work!!

Thanks for your comments! :laugh:

I agree that some of you think it does not look abandoned... And I think even in reality it wasn't abandoned. Actually I changed the MOC-title to "Caravan in snow" now :classic:

Wow! This is the most atmospheric Lego image I have seen since the catalogues of the early 90s. Every time I look at your image I discover something new. Incredible use of force perspective, down to the use of small cones to represent an entire town. The caravan itself reminds me of a 1970-something caravan I stayed in at church youth camps between 2004 and 2006. The orange and brown curtain in the rear window really gives the caravan a 70s feel, and also gives it a sense of mystery; just what is inside this old vehicle?

Do you have a photograph the actual caravan you based this model on to show us?

Oops, l wasn't asking for actual interior shots. I was just commenting on how the model conveyed a sense of mystery (as an artwork). That said, other exterior detail shots and an old caravan interior (perhaps a separate model) would be interesting. I look forward to your next scene.

By the way, it seems your attempt to rename the thread didn't work.

Great caravan and perspective! I also like the 'snow' on the tree.

Excellent scene, the caravan is very well done, I like the tree and that forced perspective is top notch work!

Thanks everyone!

Do you have a photograph the actual caravan you based this model on to show us?

I have, but haven't uploaded it anywhere yet. Maybe I will later on :)

Can you please post more pictures? I would like to see the inside of it too.

There is nothing to see inside, it is just empty.

By the way, it seems your attempt to rename the thread didn't work.

Yeah, it seems like I can't change the title of the thread afterwards? I can't find anywhere to change it.