Hi all!

I am making this project for the contest, i did not finished it yet, but here the time is to share some details about it.

Unfortunately i have little time to build(5-10 hours weekly), but i try to finish this vehicle until deadline.

The project is a Mercedes Econic garbage truck.

I tried to build the truck (mostly the cabin) the same as the real one, but the garbage treatment section is an own creation.

I used these pictures for guide:

13C434_029.jpg

kisk%C3%A9pek.PNG

More pics here and here!

So let's see some details about the vehicle:

• dimensions: LxWxH: 80x21x23 stud (63x17x18 cm)
  • pieces: 4100-4200
  • weight: about 4 kg
  • fake engine: 4 pistons in a row
  • 3 axles, 1. and 3. axles are steerable in different angle, also the steering wheel is turning in the cabin

6 motorized functions with 2 M and 2 L motors and 3 gearbox.

Functions:

• 1 L motor: changing gears
  • 1 L motor: driving / blade sweep
  • 1 M motor: steering / tailgate raiser
  • 1M motor: garbage ejector / slide packer
  • Manual function: cabin tilting

Little functions and details: tilt seats, dashboard, openable grille, openable doors on both sides, etc.

The video:

You can download the LXF file from HERE! (*.rar)

Thanks!

Edited by Eraman

I see teasing becomes more and more popular :grin:

:grin::tongue:

Yes, i use this now, because i has not finished the whole vehicle yet:)

Here is another photo:

DSCN1603.JPG

And here is the mechanism of the cabin tilting:

cabin%2Btilt.png

Note: The floor of the cabin is very low, it was difficult to find place under it for

1. the small LA(which is tilting the cabin)
  2. the drivetrain to the steering wheel (especially because the cabin is tiltable)

And of course it was important to stay the chassis rigid.

Edited by Eraman

We already have.

Yes, for example Mr.Tekneex, but he made a front loader, my version is a back loader...i hope you will like my version too...

Is that the Mercedes LEGO piece, or did you make that?

Yes, of course, it is a sticker!

What's the other function when not steering then?

• 1 L motor: changing gears
  • 1 L motor: driving / blade sweep
  • 1 M motor: steering / tailgate raiser
  • 1M motor: garbage ejector / slide packer

So the tailgate raising is the other function.I tried to seperate the functions, which is important to use at the same time, like steering and driving,..

Aren't dose wipers a little short?

The design seems nice, but I think you have over complicated the drive train to the steering wheel. There is going to be a lot of play using six gear changeovers to connect it.

I would like to see the whole model, even WIP, and not only these annoying teasers. I tend to lose interest when I have to wait "for ever" for it...

-ED-

The design seems nice, but I think you have over complicated the drive train to the steering wheel. There is going to be a lot of play using six gear changeovers to connect it.

I would like to see the whole model, even WIP, and not only these annoying teasers. I tend to lose interest when I have to wait "for ever" for it...

-ED-

I think wipers are enough long, but if i share the whole cabin photo we will discuss it again :wink:

I use M motor for steering, so it was necessary to gear down(slow down) it, the gears in the central do this. And there is a clutchgear to protect the parts from friction.

The back wheels turn in smaller angle, so they need gear down again. The most difficult was to lead the drive to the steering wheel. It was necessary to use that "row of gears", because when the cabin is tilted, 2 gears are disconnected, i cannot use U-joint or CV joint. The place was narrow for other solution...

I am waiting for parts from bricklink, i hope they arrive this week, so at the weekend i make photos about the whole vehicle. ( maybe on wednesday will arrive 1 missing part from the cabin, so the center of the week i present the whole cabin)

My plan was that i finish the whole project in time and presented it in one, but i slipped and because the deadline is very close, i started to show some details...sorry, i didn't want to annoy you, i wanted exactly the opposite :sceptic:

-ED-

:)

you should be more patient ... Honestly, the deadline is still the middle February, and I am pretty sure there will be many other creation published at the last minutes ... so be glad Eraman doing his job multiple such as build the creation and develop to be better and better what details show up next ;)

Eraman, nicely done!

Cannot wait to see the whole Mercedes @ work! ;)

Edited by nagybirek

Sorry, I did not intend to come off as offending. It's just that I'm getting tired of all the teasers that are floating around. I much prefer to see real WIP shots as they say a lot more about the design of the model, not to mention the technical solutions visible in all their glory...

I do like the few peeks that we have got'n, I just want more! And that should be a compliment! :)

-ED-

Sorry, I did not intend to come off as offending. It's just that I'm getting tired of all the teasers that are floating around. I much prefer to see real WIP shots as they say a lot more about the design of the model, not to mention the technical solutions visible in all their glory...

I do like the few peeks that we have got'n, I just want more! And that should be a compliment! :)

-ED-

When I'm approach the 10 comments immedtiatelly start my tc6 topic even if my moc is less than 50% complete... ;)

Hope that will be an interesting one for the public too and not just for myself :P

When I'm approach the 10 comments immedtiatelly start my tc6 topic even if my moc is less than 50% complete... ;)

Hope that will be an interesting one for the public too and not just for myself :P

I'm waiting for it :wink:

Be patient, please, i hope tomorrow i can make photos almost the whole vehicle...until that, here is some more "teaser" pic...for them, who like it:)

Another front view, you can see the seats...Nazgarot, after all the wipers may seem to be short, you can be right!

DSCN1600.JPG

the interior throught the right slidable door

DSCN1607.JPG

Drivetrain:

meghajt.png

for the impatient colleagues(and for everyone of course) the whole truck without the garbage treatment section:

DSCN1633.JPG

DSCN1643.JPG

DSCN1649.JPG

DSCN1664.JPG

More then 20 new pictures HERE

Photos about the whole vehicle come soon( inside a week )

Can you see the pics?

Edited by Eraman