Cy_Bored1337

Lets create a LEGO Scooby Doo Videogame

So we are getting Scooby Doo sets and the Scooby Doo theme will last really long because of the lego movies so what better way to welcome the Scooby Doo Theme than making a custom Videogame.

First we will make the Character List:

1. Scooby Doo
  2. Shaggy
  3. Fred
  4. Velma
  5. Daphne

Here will be our custom level list:

Add on ideas

So lets start making a custom Videogame! :classic:

Edited by Cy_Bored1337

Making a video game takes a lot of time and effort. It's not something where you can snap your fingers together and just have one appear. I'm more than certain we'll get one and we'll all buy it on launch day, but perhaps figures we'd like to see in a game should it get released would be fun to explore?

Okay, hold on. First off, I don't think just because there will be a TV special and maybe some D2V movies to promote these sets means that the theme will "last really long".

Second, what do you mean by "make a custom videogame? If by "custom" you mean "imaginary" and just want to speculate what a potential Lego Scooby-Doo game might include, you might want to rephrase that. Or are you actually planning to make a videogame? If so, I think that's overly ambitious and is better left up for TT Games to do.

And lastly, I think this belongs in the Multimedia forum.

Sorry if this sounds overly critical. I have nothing against the idea of a Lego Scooby-Doo game. I actually think it's a fun idea, I just think that this thread is misleading and in the wrong place. That said, I would start by adding the monsters, vehicles, and locations from the official sets to your list. Also, maybe there could be Batman-style variations of the main characters with different abilities such as Scuba-suits, Space-suits, disguises, etc. And speaking of Batman, how about adding some characters from the various Scooby-Doo crossover specials? :wink:

And speaking of Batman, how about adding some characters from the various Scooby-Doo crossover specials? :wink:

Batman is already in everything and runs the DC theme. He doesn't need to be in anything scooby-doo related. Not even a video game. Batman was only in 2 episodes of Scooby-doo anyway

Batman is already in everything and runs the DC theme. He doesn't need to be in anything scooby-doo related. Not even a video game. Batman was only in 2 episodes of Scooby-doo anyway

Two gloriously over the top episodes. :laugh: Seriously though, I love those two episodes, they're amazingly campy!

Personally, I want to see the Hex Girls (Thorn, Dusk and Luna) as characters, with maybe Thorn having more Wiccan abilities, like the ability to create certain blocks, or maybe even glass breaking abilities with their music.

Vincent van Ghoul is another character I'd like to see, with some arcane magic abilities. Perhaps include versions of the characters from A Pup Named Scooby Doo, and include Red Herring. For monsters and creatures, I'll be the first to add the Ghost Clown from the original series. Make his ability to hypnotize the player's character and force the player to swap to a different character.

Second, what do you mean by "make a custom videogame? If by "custom" you mean "imaginary" and just want to speculate what a potential Lego Scooby-Doo game might include, you might want to rephrase that. Or are you actually planning to make a videogame? If so, I think that's overly ambitious and is better left up for TT Games to do.

If a team of enough skilled people could be assembled, I see no reason why a game couldn't in theory be made. After the Universe went offline, there were multiple attempts to create a LU style game, several of which got quite a distance before falling apart - and they were being made by KFOLs and TFOLs. A team made of AFOLs would presumably have a better chance at creating a finished game, especially with resources like Unity, and Blender(especially now that there is a working LDraw -> Blender converter).

And speaking of Batman, how about adding some characters from the various Scooby-Doo crossover specials? :wink:

I've never watched anything Scooby Doo related, but I would like to remind everyone about the brief non-canon Insectoids crossover.

If a team of enough skilled people could be assembled, I see no reason why a game couldn't in theory be made. After the Universe went offline, there were multiple attempts to create a LU style game, several of which got quite a distance before falling apart - and they were being made by KFOLs and TFOLs. A team made of AFOLs would presumably have a better chance at creating a finished game, especially with resources like Unity, and Blender(especially now that there is a working LDraw -> Blender converter).

I'm not saying it couldn't be made, just that it's very hard to pull off. I have yet to see a successful AFOL-made game and somehow I doubt that Lego Scooby-Doo is going to be the first one. That's why I'm saying leave it to someone like TT Games who have the experience, manpower, resources, and (most importantly) license rights for it, but if Cy_Bored 1337 really thinks he can do it, go for it.

And yes, Insectoids need to be included! :grin:

I feel like an actual legi Scooby doo game just has to be made. It's too good of an opportunity to pass up! Plus it would be so fun. As long as I can play as the hex girls and rock people to death I'll be good.

I'd like to see Madelyn Dinkley, Scrappy, Blue Falcon, Dynomutt, Hex Girls and Vincent Van Ghoul. Shaggy's abilities could include disguises. Fred could construct booby traps (kind of like Flash build in lego batman 3) Velma could use computers and Daphne could use cosmetics to escape traps.

Lego Dimensions includes a Scooby Doo world, so I guess I don't really see the need for this. Not that I'm against fan games mind you, this just seems a bit redundant being that something already exists that fills the gaming void. I guess for those who don't want the rest of Dimensions a standalone game would be needed, but I honestly think Lego will do that at some point.

I will say though if indeed a fan game is going to be created levels based around the original series are a must have.

Okay, hold on. First off, I don't think just because there will be a TV special and maybe some D2V movies to promote these sets means that the theme will "last really long".

True, but I think it does imply that Lego recognizes some long term value in it as a theme. It's not every theme we see get TV special and game tie-ins during the first wave along with possible (Multiple) DTV's down the road. It's at the very least a good sign.

Edited by strangely