Hello everybody,

My first MOC to be posted on Eurobricks is the CAT D9 bulldozer. My goal with this MOC was to make it look as good as I could while still working as well as I should like.

14473631546_3443d9b671_h.jpg

It has these functions, all controlled by power functions:

-blade powered by 1 x M-motor

-ripper powered by 1 x M-motor

-treads powered by 2 x L-motor, 1 on each side for skid-stearing

-two pairs of LED lights with hidden switch

Pictures of the model:

14496773185_4b74158ac7_h.jpg

14310113820_c8b8a38279_h.jpg

14310109330_f0d8ce5891_h.jpg

14310148429_4de1dff36b_h.jpg

14495451954_cbc868589c_h.jpg

14495547952_d9d697d53e_h.jpg

Here is the link for a video that demonstrates all functions. If someone could tell me how to embed it, I would be very grateful, as I could not figure it out :grin:

Thanks, it means a lot! By the way, do you know how to embed the youtube video?

use square brackets

(media)HTTP link(/media)

note that https link will embed like a a link.

Edited by Omikron

yh I need to learn how to embed a video to, and also how do I post pictures? because eurobricks say that "I have exceeded my alloted disk space for uploading/attaching photos" which means I can't upload any pictures, I tried copy and pasting from my google+ page but that didn't work, it just shows the the code for the picture.

Here you go! :)

Great model, looks really nice! I like the use of the curved panels, it gives the model great rounded shape. I would just replace 2x2 yellow round bricks on top of the linear actuators with same parts, just in DBG color. I think it would match better.

yh I need to learn how to embed a video to, and also how do I post pictures? because eurobricks say that "I have exceeded my alloted disk space for uploading/attaching photos" which means I can't upload any pictures, I tried copy and pasting from my google+ page but that didn't work, it just shows the the code for the picture.

In flickr you can just paste the BBCode they give you, and select the resolution too.

I really like this set, especially as a first!! very good. I agree with Efferman, it does look more like a komatsu, but it still looks great.

Here you go! :)

Great model, looks really nice! I like the use of the curved panels, it gives the model great rounded shape. I would just replace 2x2 yellow round bricks on top of the linear actuators with same parts, just in DBG color. I think it would match better.

Thanks for the video embed, and yes the yellow parts could have been done better, but I hand;t the necessary parts :tongue:

I really like this set, especially as a first!! very good. I agree with Efferman, it does look more like a komatsu, but it still looks great.

Works good, but i think it looks more than a komatsu and not like a d9

I built it more like a generic dozer, and only towards the end decided to call it a CAT.

Edited by Teo LEGO Technic

Looks really good. Whether it's a Komatsu or CAT I can't say, I'll leave that to those more knowledgeable. I'll just agree with what else everyone has said.

For a first MOC it's brilliant. Just brilliant. Very well done.

I don't have a flickr account and I have no intentions in making one. Eurobricks won't allow me to upload basic photos from google+ and I have ran out of attached image space.

No idea for google+, I'm afraid. Still, a flickr account is free, so it's worth a try.

Looks really good. Whether it's a Komatsu or CAT I can't say, I'll leave that to those more knowledgeable. I'll just agree with what else everyone has said.

For a first MOC it's brilliant. Just brilliant. Very well done.

Thanks a lot! :laugh:

Wow, that's a very nice compact D9. The looks are outstanding. I love the fact you used the panels with stickers from other models.

I recommend getting a Flickr or Bricksafe account. Both are free and easy to use.

You can embed a video by typing [nedia]urltoyoutu.be[/nedia] (with an M instead of N)

Indeed be aware that you don't use the https address but the http.

Your latest progress picture are too big for the forum. The max size is 800 or 1024, but 800 wide is commonly used as max.

Wow, that's a very nice compact D9. The looks are outstanding. I love the fact you used the panels with stickers from other models.

I recommend getting a Flickr or Bricksafe account. Both are free and easy to use.

You can embed a video by typing [nedia]urltoyoutu.be[/nedia] (with an M instead of N)

Indeed be aware that you don't use the https address but the http.

Your latest progress picture are too big for the forum. The max size is 800 or 1024, but 800 wide is commonly used as max.

I already have a flickr account; that's where I saved all the pictures I posted here.

Thanks for the advice, Jim!

I already have a flickr account; that's where I saved all the pictures I posted here.

My bad, I didn't look at the source :look:

Tell me one thing: What is the point of using linear actuators as a fake cylinders? You are using same mechanism like in 8275, so I don't see sense in using those parts.

Tell me one thing: What is the point of using linear actuators as a fake cylinders? You are using same mechanism like in 8275, so I don't see sense in using those parts.

Probably because they look like cylinders and they fit.