goatman461

[SoNE Freebuild] 7.4 - Off the Books

Coruscant...

16154559990_208619a5f9_c.jpg

Councilman 1 - “Let this meeting come to order… the Guard has a new candidate for consideration… former ISB Agent Goatm An 46-1 has come recommended by several guardsmen who have witnessed his abilities as an assassin and spy. The Council has reviewed the holodisc showing his take-down of the surveillance cell on Bothawui and has read the Rebel reports related to his theft of a B-Wing prototype. We also have traced 27 questionable deaths and disappearances of Imperial officials, officers, troopers, pilots, and even guardsmen to ships in which Agent An was stationed. I should note that none of these deaths can be traced directly to An, but it is safe to say, given An’s prowess for murder, that some of these deaths could be attributed to him.”

Councilman 2 - “And the possible motivations behind these attacks?”

Councilman 3 - “Ambition seems to be the only correlation between the victims. Otherwise, no distinct purpose has been found.”

Councilman 1 - “Perhaps our guest can shed some light on An’s activities over his… 20 year career? How old is An? Do we have any information on him prior to his enlistment?”

Councilman 3 - “Nothing concrete, Councilman. His enlistment papers list his birthplace as Corellia and his age at 14; that was year 2 of the Galactic Empire. However, we have accounts of a Goatm An operating on Naboo during the Invasion 19 years prior to his enlistment,”

Councilman 4 – “More testing must be done, but the Emperor will not object here; he is near-human at the very least.”

Councilman 1 – “Moving on, we will now hear from a former agent with some firsthand knowledge of An’s activities over the last few years. Welcome Agent LL.”

16336982982_7d5269c0f7_c.jpg

16336974572_88eab403fc_t.jpg Kayotin LL – “It’s a pleasure? Sorry, I’m a little hard of hearing and traumatized at the moment. Your goons just murdered my whole crew and have been blowing up starfighters left and right.”

Councilman 2 – “Count yourself lucky we needed some answers from you first. You are the mechanic who absconded to the Rebellion after your mission in the B-Wing factory, are you not?”

Kayotin LL – “More like left for dead at the B-Wing factory, sir."

Councilman 3 – “Agent LL, answer our questions and we will put you back to work in our hangars. Otherwise, you will join your Rebel crewmen.

“Your former partner, Agent Goatm An 46-1, has been accused of a number of murders throughout the Imperial ranks. What do you know about his actions during your time together and what was the purpose of these attacks?”

Kayotin LL – “From what I could tell he just didn't like the guys. He would make a point to kill specific Rebels during our missions, but he never really said why. I think he just did it for fun.”

Councilman 1 – “So he WAS responsible for these 27 deaths of Imperial personnel…”

Kayotin LL – “It was a few more than that…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

Goatm An, officially dead, is recovering from his wounds and using his time “off the books” to get back into space. From what he has been told, Goatm has pieced together most of his time since

crash-landing on Barab II.

The surviving crew of the ship had been quickly surrounded by some unknown Rebel contingent; forced down ancient roads and footpaths in an icy gorge; and cornered at the foot of a long-dead religion’s temple. When Goatm mounted a counterattack, he was betrayed by Officer VeR’s inability to shoot a Rebel gunner and blown out of the gorge. The shot from the gunner caused a massive avalanche, burying the Rebel forces and insuring VeR and Tyrus’s escape. Goatm was presumed dead.

However, a guardsman of the Emperor’s Royal Guard had been monitoring Goatm’s mission and saw this as a perfect opportunity to bring Goatm into the inner circle of the Guard. A rescue team was secretly dispatched. Goatm was recovered, stabilized in surgery, and sent to an old acquaintance for cybernetic replacements. Most of Goatm’s torso was replaced along with both arms. The blast had boiled most of his intestines but cauterized much of the surrounding tissue. Goatm’s arms were lost to the cold.

He now travels with his nurse-a fellow ISB agent and assassin- and a Wookiee slave in a custom light freighter commonly used by the Empire for courier details.

16052457029_1972062403_c.jpg

15990273029_3872c32919_c.jpg

16170269825_ce32452ae8_c.jpg

Nurse – “Our pilot has landed and the locals are tending to the cargo, An. Do you need assistance with the merchants?”

16340029161_92c17c8933_c.jpg

Goatm – “No, thank you. These kinds of transactions are nothing new. Please do a final sweep of the freighter; we will be selling it along with the Wookiee once these trees are off-loaded.”

16174460361_94e31d6e55_c.jpg

15601069564_d9458cf530_c.jpg

Nurse – “Sell the ship and Wookiee? One, who's going to buy a Wookiee? They’ll never be able to control it. Two, why are we selling a perfectly good ship? Everything else in this dock is junk.”

Goatm – “The Wookiee will sell quickly; this planet loves everything exotic. And I don’t care if they can control it; better yet if they can’t. A man’s natural rights are his own; we’re just waiting for this one to realize it.

“And, we’re selling the ship because we’re staying for a while, at least. I certainly didn’t shave just to wear a rebreather for an hour on the dock; the air is toxic to humans here, but only after an extended time. No, we're going to get rid of this glorified tracking device and set up in the countryside for a short while.”

Nurse – “Terrible air or not, this place looks expensive. Do you really think we can buy up a place for whatever you get for a few trees?”

Goatm – “Like I said, they love everything exotic and these trees won’t germinate anywhere but their home planet. The royals here will bend over backwards for every sapling they can get.”

Nurse – “And why would we want stay in this expensive and toxic planet?”

Goatm – “My mother grew up here, may be here now. It’s the best chance I have to find out where my father came from.”

16155889847_e492cb1885_c.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16336974572_88eab403fc_t.jpg “…that’s about all I can tell you; he doesn't divulge much, but when he does it’s not the typical Imperial mantra. He has his own reasons for serving the Empire; I’m just not sure what they are.”

16336982982_7d5269c0f7_c.jpg

Councilman 1 – “Thank you Agent LL, your testimony has been invaluable. Troopers! Leave no trace! End transmission.

“Councilmen, this leaves us much to consider.”

Councilman 2 – “Time is on our side. Agent An still needs time to heal. Upon his return, he shall begin training with the Guard and when this Council next convenes, we will ultimately decide his fate.”

Sorry for the long story. Please judge and leave criticisms. Thanks in advance.

Edited by goatman461

Wow. Seeing it all consolidated like this makes it even better. One thing though, that's quite a lot to be judged as one freebuild, I'm not sure what the judges' consensus is with several builds like this.

Amazing, the Courscant scene is truly brilliant and I particularly like the holograms created, the story is great and the builds compliment it really well.

Ok, this thing gets 5 points for that brilliant use of the brick separator alone!

The story is fantastic. It ties so many things together and really fleshes things out. But it also leaves so much room for the future path your character is taking.

The council chamber room is great, but I'm just going to kind of skip over it.

That orange walkway alone is an incredible freebuild. It has a very asian flair to it, but also is totally SW. It just looks like it is lifted from one of the movies, all the minifigs with their respirators, those lanterns are so simple in a "why didn't I think of that?" way and yet so brilliant ...

The freighter is great, totally imperial vibe, the front reminds me of an AT-AT, the interior is perfect SW feel to it also. I love the removable sections and the drop down ramp, it just is well built and appropriate even down to the cargo container with the functional door. You easily could have just made a box but you made the extra effort to have an opening door!

The dock though is the masterpiece. The minifigs all work, the slightly haphazard crates, the section to the right of the ship are all very good. What really propels this to another level for me is the coloring. Instantly you see the orange at the top, but your eye then gets pulled to that crazy tree with the blue and finally between the angle of the ship and the yellow of the landing platform you hit the expanse of the dock itself. You've built it in such a way that you are dragging our eyes around your build and drinking in all the details.

I mean I see 3 5/5 freebuilds here at least. So perfectly SW and just even beyond that a very visually pleasing build. The story on its own is good enough, but then when you add in the build it really is a masterpiece. Makes me anxious to see the next chapter. BEAVeR could probably write 3 pages worth of comments on this and it wouldn't be enough.

Thank you

...that's quite a lot to be judged as one freebuild, I'm not sure what the judges' consensus is with several builds like this.

They are, of course, welcome to limit the scope of their judgment however they see fit. The XP is just bonus anyway.

Wow, great builds all around. The council room is great, especially with the holograms. The freighter looks nice, the greebles, the interior, etc. The dock, itself is brilliant! The landing area is good, the walkway with the brick separator usage, and those trans-blue and white trees. I feel like Goatm’s mother and sister are watching the ship... Because they look a lot like the ones used in your EP 7 build. There are a lot of ways to expand Goatm’s story here. Although, one question: Why is he selling the ship? It looks like Imperial property? With the Imperial logo it seems like it is.

~Beltar

Impressive how many stories you linked and used for your complete story. Really interesting to see what your character has gone through the last time, put together in one entry.

And some sweet builds here. Although I think Dark red does not match an imperial ship, it still looks cool. But I prefer that council room.

I am excited how this will go on. Would be great to have one imperial being a guard.

Very nice build(s). I really like those trees!

As Disco said, dark red is a rebel color... so welcome to the right side :sweet:

Saw it yesterday on flickr and can only the same here!

Absolut stunning MOC and the first photo looks outsanding!

The story and the other builds are also really great!

Very good job for the empire :classic: .

markus

Thanks for the comments.

And some sweet builds here. Although I think Dark red does not match an imperial ship

As Disco said, dark red is a rebel color...

I used the dark red partly out of necessity (limited bricks) and partly because I just like the way the dark red looks. I agree that it looks a bit too rebellious, but, to be fair, we haven't seen the inside of very many Imperial ships, especially those used as day-to-day freighters.

I should note that I got the idea for the tree from Ordo on Flickr

16086928417_ca29efb9e3_n.jpgOn his heels - Star Wars "Uncertain Ways" 1.11 by N-11 Ordo, on Flickr

Why is he selling the ship? It looks like Imperial property? With the Imperial logo it seems like it is.

I don't think Goatm would care whether or not the Empire owned the ship; he kind of just does whatever he wants, anyway. When I put in the logo I was thinking of it more as a licensing stamp or registration; that' why it is not very prominently featured (although, that may be debatable). The real reason he's selling the ship is so that I can build a different one to feature in a future freebuild.

And yes, that is Goatm's mother and sister watching. Glad that came through. I like to add a lot of subtle things but they're usually too subtle.

This turned out really well! I like all the curves in the Guard's Council Chambers (and the arches as stairs) and the walkway is beautiful. Great job on the minifig posing, especially the little details like having the capes both blowing off to the side as if there's a breeze going through. My other favorite part is the tree with the trans-light blue dots on the 1x1 snot bricks - the build seems deceptively simple but the way the blue and the black interact looks really cool :-)

WOOOOOOOOOOW! I am blown away! Your builds are so unique, yet perfect for the SW universe. The ship is stupendous, and I don't think it matters that it's dark red. Your planet build is probably my favorite of the builds. I love the tree and thanks for giving the original creator credit. Your scene with the guardsmen is also stunning. So much detail and so much awesome story telling. This is one of my favorite SoNE builds ever!