Not nearly as impressive as several of the other feats in this thread, but a few weeks ago built the 30051 X-wing in it's bag.

img_0443.jpg

img_0440.jpg

img_0441.jpg

img_0442.jpg

The bag itself has a few hard to notice crumples in it, but it still has all it's ink and I made sure not to bend or damage the instructions inside. About forty minutes of work, but it was fun. :laugh: Does anybody know if that Scarab Attack set is in a single bag? I'd be curious to try that one next.

What is the biggest set you could do in a single bag?

I've only done small creator sets or impulse sets really but I would love to do a £15 set :tongue:

What is the biggest set you could do in a single bag?

I've only done small creator sets or impulse sets really but I would love to do a £15 set :tongue:

Unfortunately there isn't much reference of bag configuration in boxes, because bag-building isn't a recognized subject in (most) set reviews. :tongue: Some reviews have straight-out-of-box shots, but otherwise you'd need to check MISB sets yourself.

Bigger sets with numbered bags may contain an entire sub-model in one bag. By using online sources for set instructions, you should be able to find which sets have a buildable sub-model in one bag. For example, in 7641 City Corner the bike store can be built inside Bag 3 and the second floor + roof can be built inside Bag 5.

Medium sized/$20 sets can come in a single bag, as long as they don't include any large pieces, baseplates or BIONICLE hoses. From memory, I think that 7591 Construct-a-Zurg came in a single bag (aside from the cape), while 7592 Construct-a-Buzz came in two bags - one for the legs + waist and one for the rest of him.

I finally did it! I did my first bag build :grin::grin::grin:

When I went shopping w/ my mother, I picked up impulse sets jester and wizard. Well, she did but orginally I was going to pay for them myself but she put them in with her stuff.

Tonight, i went and i built the little wizard. That was challenging! I'm debating between assembling the Jester in or out of the bag.

I finally did it! I did my first bag build :grin::grin::grin:

When I went shopping w/ my mother, I picked up impulse sets jester and wizard. Well, she did but orginally I was going to pay for them myself but she put them in with her stuff.

Tonight, i went and i built the little wizard. That was challenging! I'm debating between assembling the Jester in or out of the bag.

Congrats. Don't forget to take a picture of your accomplishment. :classic:

I grabbed a pic w/ my DSi XL. I really should free him from the bag when I get a chance b4 he trys to bust his way out XD but it'll probably be tomorrow. I'm heading to bed soon.

Hi. I saw a couple photos yesterday and just had to try this. I bought the Creator 5864 Mini Helicopter but was disappointed to discover that one single larger pieces was not included in the bag. However, I was able to build the tug boat alternate model, so all was not lost.

Does anybody know what currently available small sets can be bag built? I shook the plastic boxes of all the little Creator and Racer kits but they all seemed to have loose parts inside.

I really loved the challenge of doing this last night and want to do more of this.

Sorry, no photo at the moment.

I've been trying to do this with 30080 Ninja Glider for a few weeks now. So far, no luck: unlike sturdy sets like the Tiny Turbos, the set has a very finicky structure, and when I attach one part another tends to come off. But I haven't broken down and opened the bag yet!

It should be possible to do it with the pickup truck from the 7206 Fire Helicopter (with the exception of the hose string)

I know this is an older thread, but since other people have posted in it this month...

I bag-built my Chrome Darth Vader. The trickiest part is getting his cape on. One hole always happens to come off while you're putting on the other hole. :hmpf_bad:

In the end, the bag was so wrinkled that I just opened it to enjoy. :laugh:

I did build my Chrome Dath Vader in the bag and man, that f*cking cape was so frustrating to get on. :angry: Just like to Doc said one side comes off when you try to put the other on. :hmpf:

Has anyone tryed to build a collectable minifig in the bag. Maybe we need video evedence. :wink:

I had to join in the fun. Opening the bag in the bag was easier than I figured it would be. I think I might try bag 1 this weekend with 2 inner bags and a cape.

post-20444-131734249075.jpg

Megablocks you Sinner! Megablocks you! And I don't mean megablocks I mean eff-you-see-kay megablocks!

I saw your damn thread and read it and thought "That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen! Who would want to build a set in a bag? Why would someone be so dumb?"

And I laughed and I surfed away from your silly post, but then the word challenge kept ringing in my head and I said "But I don't have any racers around."

Then I saw it...a turkey in a polybag, unopened and normally therefore unassembled. So I picked it up and thought "How would you get two pieces together?"

So, I tried it and it was aggravatingly difficult for me. I thought again "This is stupid! Who would want to do this?"

Then an image of your stupid walrus head starting floating around my head saying "challenge...challenge...challenge" and I said "I'll show him!"

Really, I have a lot in common with a bull that way. Thank you testosterone for making me such an idiot.

Anyway, 10 minutes? pfff...that's nothing. It took me 25! Oh, is less time better? Well, this about drove me to drink, all those little plates, my big clunky fingers and there was a plastic bag in the way! Not to mention the instructions were still in the bag and kept getting in the way...and all the while that stupid walrus head floating around taunting me *sing* !

So, without further ado, here's my turkey in a bag!

turkey.jpg

If you were here, Sinner, I'd shove it in your face! But since you're not:

turkey_fu.jpg

Megablocks you female canine!

(See? This is why my friends beat on me...I'm short and I'm this much of an aggressive smartass in real life...)

Ha ha! I've bested your silly challenge! What else you got? Bring it on...

:-P :-P :-P

Sorry, could you tell me how MEGABLOKS fits into this?

Sorry, could you tell me how MEGABLOKS fits into this?

I believe, in this case, that MEGABLOKSis used as a censor to a swear word.

I thought that I would take up this challenge...

I decided upon building the 7049 Alien Conquest Alien Striker. I've put together a few of these sets before (

), but never while leaving the pieces in the bag.

Well, here is my result:

00000026.jpg

There were a few things that made this one a bit tricky:

1. Getting the visor onto the ADU guy's helmet,
  2. Getting the alien's head out of it's little bag (a bag within a bag - the empty bag is under the Striker), and
  3. There weren't too many pieces in this set (42 plus 4 spares), but there wasn't very much room inside this bag either.

I've bought a 7958 Star Wars Advent Calendar 2011, and I am going to send each day's little bag of Lego to my brother, one day at a time, leading up to Christmas. I think I might set him the challenge of building the models while still in the bag, and to make it even more difficult I'm not going to give him the official pictures/instructions either, and I'll see what he comes up with... should be fun. :grin:

Edited by Splat

This topic deserves to be bumped every once in a while. I got a 7498 at almost half price today, and when I opened it and saw that the police cars were in separate bags from the other pieces - with only the stickers missing - I knew the time had come for my first bag-build :)

So, here it is! I recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. Just know, as others have mentioned, that your hands will get dirty from the print on the bag...

bagbuild1.jpg

bagbuild2.jpg

bagbuild3.jpg

I might have a go at the van tomorrow :)

Edit: I couldn't wait.

bagbuild4.jpg

bagbuild5.jpg

bagbuild6.jpg

Edited by L@go

Hehe, I'd almost forgotten this thread. As it happens though, I had a 3180 tanker truck that just cried out to try this on.

bagbuild3180.jpg

Pretty good I thought, even managed to sit the driver in the cab! I have to admit I couldn't get the hose on the pump to twist around without popping apart, but then that tends to be the case when I build out of the bag too. :) First one of these I've ever tried with inner bags, they're a real pain as they tend to get in the way when you're trying to juggle bits around. Putting on cheese slopes is a total nightmare too!

Nice work on the police vehicles and the Octan prime mover and bowser, L@go and AndyC.

I like the little AC one from the previous page too. Are you still going to do the advent calendar build in the bag, Splat?

Another model that's out there to be bag built is the red truck from the current City Harbour set.

I'll get a shot of my bag built taxi posted in a day or so.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

the model has to only have one bag in the box however.

Maybe. It could be fun to just throw all of the pieces in one bag and give it a go.

In other news, I was sorting and found the turkey! :grin: