derpydragon

Has anyone tried a Tatra scaled to the use of 43.2 x 28 Racers tyres?

I've been wanting to build a mini Tatra powered by an M Motor for steering and an L motor for drive, as my other motors are in use currently. The only set of tyres and/or rims I have in a multiple greater than 4 is the old Drome Racers line fat offroad tyres. Would anyone be able to help with maybe a rough LDD mock-up to get me started. I don't have much of a clue for steering in a small area, and drive/suspension for that matter lol. I've seen some pretty spectacular mock-ups done by you guys so I thought this might be the shot for some inspiration. Any help is appreciated. =)

Also, you can determine the best dimensions for width and such as the form factor of the mechanics will determine that.

Try this, the ldd is somewhere lower together with the video:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98458&hl=%2Bmini+%2Btatra

I also tried to build a mini tatra with 49.5 wheels and the main problem was the steering. Also the 6.5 shock absorbers are pretty large for this scale, although the suspension performed overall well. Maybe some rubber bands are more appropriate, but I had no inspiration for them.

seems a bit tricky at that scale, am I right that it's these wheels

6580ac01.gif6580c01.gif I think steering and drive would be rather difficult that small, maybe have the front axle(s) non-driven, that would be a lot easier. Or set it up as skid steer, left wheels connected to one motor, right to the other, but I think someone has done that already. have a look at Sariel's model scaler for some help with the scale, it's rather useful.

MBMC137 built a Tatra with drive and steering using wheels that are roughly this size, but they are the much narrower Model Team wheels.

001.jpg

If you were to build this, (he does have instructions in his Brickshelf gallery) all you would have to do is make the axles going to the wheels longer, and maybe work out some spacing. However, this truck uses an M motor for propulsion, and using the tires you want to use would throw off the proportions of the truck, and make it look terrible. I think something that would be easier and more in line with what you want is to make an 8x8 Rolligon.

Rolligon-Brute-8x8-5.jpg

If you decide to go this route, I am throwing together a mock up, and you can use that as a starting point.

Edited by Saberwing40k