Sign in to follow this  
Commander Smith

SONE Freebuild-backstory of my character

Hi all-

Since I joined SoNE I decided to give a bit of a backstory to my character. Here it is:

After the closure of the Clone Wars, Mar, Rane, Smith, and Tix (sorry for the crazy names) felt their duty was done. Smith realized they were being used. They weren't getting their rights as humans. So they determined to strike out on their own, take down the Empire and set their brothers free. So they deserted. After procuring their old armor from an Imperial base,

post-40022-0-48061000-1421814661_thumb.jpg

they departed to the mid-outer rim and built their own. Here is a small guard-house:

post-40022-0-77667800-1421814273_thumb.jpg

That's all for now. One of my first MOC posts! Bye.

--fmmmlee---

P.S. Sorry for the bad backgrounds and pic quality. Can't exceed 100 kb, and I don't have really good background materials.

P.P.S. Oh, yes, should this go in the main SW Forum because it's a freebuild? I've heard about freebuilds being in Watto's Junkyard, though. Clue me in.

Edited by Commander Smith

Hey, welcome to SoNE (rebel scum).

For the pictures, I suggest signing up for Flickr or one of the other various photohosting sites so you can avoid the 100kb limit. That first picture has major compression going on!

The story is very brief, you may want to expand on it a bit more. Why would they desert with their armor instead of just going back to their normal lives? The more you flesh it out the more immersed people get in it.

I like the speeder you designed, looks like something the rebels might have. You may want to add some color to it though since it appears very Empire in appearance.

The guard shack looks to have some detailing on the outer walls, but because of the one photo we can't really see what the details are. I think it is a couple 1x1 tiles and a 1x1 round tile?

As I said to James Wellington, one thing I've found helpful is to go to Watto's Junkyard and look at the past builds. If you read the comments (especially from Beaver) you'll get a good sense of what works, what doesn't work as well, etc. Learn from the work of others.

Oh and for background I suggest if you don't have a large white piece of paper to try a plain white sheet.

Edited by Kodan Black

I combined this with the actual post. Not sure how to delete this post (just this one, not the actual original with pictures and stuff) though.

Edited by Commander Smith

This is my first time looking at this thread so I'm not sure if you had something in your 2nd post that you now only have in your first post and are trying to delete the 2nd post, or if something else is going on. Either way, what you have here is fine. Only MODs and Regulators can delete posts but I don't see anything that has to be deleted.

Now for the build! As Kodan said, your story is good, but could benefit from more details. I'm glad you're jumping in and building though! I too really like your speeder, it's definitely the highlight of the build. Keep it up and welcome!