Sign in to follow this  
MusicaRibelle

First MOC: Seattle Townhouse

MOC of my townhouse in Seattle.

Starting with pieces from set 31012, Family House, I attempted to build a modular replica of my own townhouse in Seattle.

It's a three story attached house -- there would be another one to the right -- with a small front yard and entrance in back.

15710698093_d38390231c.jpg

While it's 16 studs wide, it's a little deeper than 'normal' modulars to allow some of the details to fit.

I am still relatively new to this, so my use of space and ability to get details right is still basic.

I also didn't take enough time and patience to get all the pieces in the right amount and color, so here and there you may spot some 'bold' (or 'studdy') corner and some unusual color transition.

But I got to build something new with the starting set and I had lots of fun attempting to make a model of my own place.

16330618395_3870dafdc1.jpg

The ground floor has the entrance, the garage, and a lego room --through which one can access the front yard.

The room centers around a lego train layout..

16330612895_0469d800f8.jpg

The garage with a hanging bike, storage, and a city car.

In reality I don't have a sporty convertible, but this is "poetic license", right?

16144417669_c7c74e6364.jpg

The main floor is a single large room with kitchen, dining room and sitting room altogether.

I ran out of brown tiles, or better I had lots of 4x1 but not much of anything shorter, and yet I wanted to emulate a hardwood floor.

16304668926_df8868dcdb.jpg

Bedroom upstairs, with fireplace (another poetic or builder license). I really suck at bedroom furniture in these tight spaces -- but it's a bit like real life, these townhouses have lots of windows for light, need space for stairs and doorways, and there's not much space for actual furniture.

16144730907_9715f36612.jpg

Bonus room. A computer room, a music studio, a place to relax or to pay bills, depending on the mood and time.

16304670086_1f655994fb.jpg

Dinner is served. It's a cold winter outside, so let's stay in and drink some wine.

16143233320_57747e9b69.jpg

More on my flickr stream, if you can stand the poor camera work :)

This looks great! I like that you added all the interior details, and I love the micro train layout. Also, always nice to see a fellow Seattleite :classic:

do you use many additional pieces of brick beside from set famliy house ?

Extra doors and windows, some white bricks and tiles for the floors, and miscellaneous pieces for the furniture, since family house has only an armchair and fireplace as only interior detail).

It required a lucky trip to lego PAB wall and a small order on bricklink for the windows.