Sign in to follow this  
Commander Beltar

[SoNE 7.2 Freebuild] Reassigned

New Freebuild taking place almost right after this episode:

“After Beltar’s recent evac success, his former Staff Sergeant decided to get him reassigned to a more ‘fitting’ division of the Empire. Thus Beltar is now assigned to a Medical Evacuation Team.”

16319469175_5d9fbecdac.jpg[soNE 7.2] Reassigned

16293523796_c5cfae1928_s.jpgHello there! You must be the new recruit, I’m your new staff sergeant, but you’ll call me sergeant or sir.

16319467075_46a8b88ce8_s.jpgSir, yes sir. Understood. And so I take it this is the Med Team’s Barracks, or at least part of it?

15697043594_5ea76f88c1.jpg[soNE 7.2] Reassigned

16293523796_c5cfae1928_s.jpgYes, here are the bunks, press this button and it folds out, gotta make the most of this tiny room. You get top bunk until one of the veterans doesn’t make it home from a mission….

16319467075_46a8b88ce8_s.jpgUmm… Okay then…

16293523796_c5cfae1928_s.jpgAlso here’s a table, again, gotta make the most of room.

16133274069_11be4737a5.jpg[soNE 7.2] Reassigned

16293523796_c5cfae1928_s.jpgHere are the guns, larger armory is down the hall, leave your helmet here when you sleep or whenever.

16318598682_fefb2808e8.jpg[soNE 7.2] Reassigned

16132085470_1e54a3b0f0.jpg[soNE 7.2] Reassigned

16293523796_c5cfae1928_s.jpgRight here is our computer briefer; every barracks for the Med Team has one of these. Pick it up right here and it turns on.

16132085180_c9e7ecfa77.jpg[soNE 7.2] Reassigned

16293523796_c5cfae1928_s.jpgAlso our barracks comes equipped with a secret compartment storing a sabacc set and some alcohol, of course.

16319467075_46a8b88ce8_s.jpgHaha, of course it does, guess your not supposed to have these here?

16293523796_c5cfae1928_s.jpgRight, now keep your mouth shut and I’ll get you some bottles…. Next week you’ll get some special training in one of our new machines. Ever rode an AT-MP?

16319467075_46a8b88ce8_s.jpgNope, never rode or driven one before.

16293523796_c5cfae1928_s.jpgThought so, better be good at it or you might be fired…by me.

16133608627_8d58c67f0b.jpg[soNE 7.2] Reassigned

And that concludes this installment of Beltar’s story in the empire. A preview of the next build is in my photostream.

The pauldron is purist:

16133272329_a9e43a9f82_q.jpg

C&C is welcome!

~Beltar

Almost forgot to say again: Please Judge this Freebuild!

Edit: The crossed out parts are the old story, just edited two lines

Edited by Commander Beltar

Great job! The barracks look great. I also love the pauldron. the fact that it's purist is even better. I saw the AT-MP already and I can't wait to see how you use it.

A lot packed into a little scene! There are a ton of great features and suits the room very well having things be stowed and then used only when needed. Good story and the interaction between the characters is nice also.

One minor point: a sergeant is enlisted and therefore wouldn't be called sir, that is for officers. Generally speaking if you called a sergeant "sir" they would tell you to never call them that, they work for a living. :wink:

Nice build. I like the functionality of the barracks. And I'm excited about the mission of a medical evacuation unit to come.

I really like how much time and thought you put into all the design of the barracks. I think the tight space and fold out features are very appropriate. There are some details throughout that I think could have been more polished or photographed. The tile pattern in the floor bothers me in the first shot, but I can see what you were going for in the following shots. It looks like you created a pattern but didn't follow it through all the way to the front of the build. I don't get what the briefer is, but I'm sure with some different angled shots you could make it more clear. Your focus on some of these shots looks a bit off, and the last shot is especially, and regrettably, blurry. Final and last details complaint the foldout beds should sit flat when out. If you're not getting enough friction in your clips, I think it's okay to sneak in a small brace to keep the beds in the right position. Getting a lot of these minor details right in your shots is very difficult (at least I've found it to be so). Try to take your time shooting your scenes, take a lot of alternate shots, and get some editing software (like GIMP) to help make these shots look clean.

I think you've chosen a great story arc for your character. This will be a great way to maintain a believable billet in the Empire while building in a large variety of scenarios and collaborations with other builders.

Great job! The barracks look great. I also love the pauldron. the fact that it's purist is even better. I saw the AT-MP already and I can't wait to see how you use it.

Thanks! The MP part will take a while to build... because I'm actually making a larger(ish) build for once.

A lot packed into a little scene! There are a ton of great features and suits the room very well having things be stowed and then used only when needed. Good story and the interaction between the characters is nice also.

One minor point: a sergeant is enlisted and therefore wouldn't be called sir, that is for officers. Generally speaking if you called a sergeant "sir" they would tell you to never call them that, they work for a living. :wink:

Thanks and er... That's a good point.... I might just edit that part.... :grin:

Nice build. I like the functionality of the barracks. And I'm excited about the mission of a medical evacuation unit to come.

Great build. I really like those barracks. Great story as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

I really like how much time and thought you put into all the design of the barracks. I think the tight space and fold out features are very appropriate. There are some details throughout that I think could have been more polished or photographed. The tile pattern in the floor bothers me in the first shot, but I can see what you were going for in the following shots. It looks like you created a pattern but didn't follow it through all the way to the front of the build. I don't get what the briefer is, but I'm sure with some different angled shots you could make it more clear. Your focus on some of these shots looks a bit off, and the last shot is especially, and regrettably, blurry. Final and last details complaint the foldout beds should sit flat when out. If you're not getting enough friction in your clips, I think it's okay to sneak in a small brace to keep the beds in the right position. Getting a lot of these minor details right in your shots is very difficult (at least I've found it to be so). Try to take your time shooting your scenes, take a lot of alternate shots, and get some editing software (like GIMP) to help make these shots look clean.

I think you've chosen a great story arc for your character. This will be a great way to maintain a believable billet in the Empire while building in a large variety of scenarios and collaborations with other builders.

I see what you mean with the tiles, I just couldn't think of the best way to do it at the time. The breifer thing is more or less a computer filled with data about missions, etc. Also my camera isn't the best so there's that. :cry_sad: I'll get gimp and see if I have time to play with it. And Thanks!

~Beltar