Ecclesiastes

At Amortug's Gates and Entrance to Wealth

(Legoworld Copenhagen countdown: 4 weeks left! Amortug will be on display for the last time at Kopenhagen. So I’ll count down the days by showing detailed photos of two modules every week.)

The gates of Amortug are protected by a large gatehouse. It even contains a double gate! Inside you’ll be lowered with an elevator because of the height difference. If the first gate is breached, this will prevent enemies from charging in.

16318006491_9e2e78fed1_c.jpg

15699914483_9cc9438c55_c.jpg

16293857236_03c5f46fcf_c.jpg

15697377764_e771ced82c_c.jpg

16293854196_1aa5cb3ec4_c.jpg

16293855076_5e9297e4a1_c.jpg

16132411200_032e22455b_c.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

It’s because of the mines that Amortug is known for its wealth. The mines can be entered from within the city. And it’s not only gold what the mines hold, also iron ore and more.

16319032992_9d3c379b31_c.jpg

15700017163_36f27a2012_c.jpg

16132351618_88a7455798_c.jpg

16134045227_c8318394c3_c.jpg

Damn. Another pair of beautiful builds! Only question- how does the waterfall work, as it sort of appears from nowhere in the wall?

Have you noticed the sewer/tunnel entrance. It leads to the wall were a contraption creates a waterfall. :grin:

Amazing builds, Eccs.!

I love those doors and that waterfall! The different roof styles and the embellishments on the walls to avoid plain gray walls are very visually appealing. I also like the activity of the minifigures in the build!

Beautiful architecture, some of the photos here are really great. I love how you're sharing a bit of Amortug each week, as awesome as it was all together it's been great getting a chance to view each section separately. The crenallation is just superb, and the stables are a definite highlight too. Nice job with those heavy wooden gate doors and, well, everything else too!

The waterfall on the first module is superb! I'm also really liking your different roof styles, and the various architectural details are well done! :thumbup:

Excellent job with that waterfall Ecc, and fantastic wall and stables (that dk brown cheese roof :wub: )! The entrance to the mine and houses in the second module are great as well, I'm looking forward to see more! :wink:

Great builds Ecc... I really like the houses and that Mitgardian signs at the gates are pure win.

Another great part of your impressive build :classic:

Have you noticed the sewer/tunnel entrance. It leads to the wall were a contraption creates a waterfall. :grin:

I see, I was a bit puzzled by this when I saw the castle at LFW :wink:

Excellent builds! The wall details are fantastic and I really like the roof design. Tons of other great features as always with your builds. My only issue is your freakishly tall Dwarves.

It's always a challenge to build in a small space and your MOC is rich of details, including that mysterious waterfall. Congrats!

Two excellent builds! (There is so much going on in this forum that I almost missed this)

I like the wall approach very much - and I am always impressed by the magnitude of your Gimli-army.

However, despite the previous discussion, I have not understood where the water for the waterfall is coming from... :cry_sad: