Sign in to follow this  
The Brick King

Where To Start?

So, I'm new to Bionicle. I am getting the new 2015 Pohatu and Protector of Stone with some Christmas money. I need some opinions on where I should go from there with these new 2015 sets.

The best sets following these two are the Protector and Master of Ice. Both of them are solid sets with great looks, nice weapons, and awesome unity. Then, in order, I would recommend:

1. Water
  2. Earth
  3. Jungle
  4. Fire

My favorite of the new sets in general is 70786 Gali Master of Water. She's a very elegant, streamlined design, with a great color scheme and awesome equipment in both battle mode and adrenalin mode.

But if you had more variety in mind, there are other options. 70789 Onua Master of Earth is by far one of the most unique Toa, though also one of the larger and more expensive ones. He's the same height as Pohatu but around twice as wide, And 70790 Lord of Skull Spiders would give you a very different building experience than either of the sets you've already built, since it's all built around a unique Technic function. Plus, Lord of Skull Spiders would give the characters you have a larger enemy to fight!

Tahu Master of Fire and the Protector of Earth are my favorite large and small sets for playability.

Though Tahu may have some issues with body proportions and leg armoring, he's the only set I haven't found any real ways to mod without considering giving him a total revamp, so I think him an excellent set that's hard to be really displeased with. Protector of Earth I like for his chest-mounted weaponry and wide (but not Protector of Fire wide) upper body.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

The best protector for parts is already on your shopping list, but I'd also recommend the Protector of Earth and the Protector of Ice. As for the Toa, all are excellent.

I'd recommend onua, he's my favorite toa. Lord of Skull Spiders is also very interesting as it is technic heavy while retaining bionicle elements.

Edited by arc

Onua master of Earth is a must buy. He is a great, bulky build and his warhammer is super cool.

Okay, just received Pohatu Master Of Stone and Protector Of Stone in the mail this afternoon. Very impressed. Like I said, I've never had a Bionicle set before, but my brother got one, and so I have a good feeling about how it's designed, and I have received a good number of Hero Factory's, so I think these sets are a good medium between the two. Can't wait to get more.

I would recommend all of the Toa and Protectors bar for the fire ones (for the reason that I haven't got them myself yet, so I don't know what I'll make of them, although I reckon they'll be good).

I dont think you can go wrong with any of the sets.

Edited by Mutant Orc

My aforementioned brother just bought Onua at TRU this morning. While we are starting seperate Bionicle collections, the two are very fun to pose together.