Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

Imperial Railroad Station - ScotNick inspired MOC

This model was inspired by Scotnick1 and his Maithwaite Station model from "The Railway Series", also known as "Thomas and Friends". Here is a album of his with the original station in it: https://www.flickr.c...157639900227095

17105268477_07d28a15c1_z.jpg

The station features a five track long platform, which can be retracted to a minimum of three tracks by removing the two side segments. More sections can be added to increase the length to whatever you need, with removable end-caps at either left / right side. All of these platforms are held together by Technic pins.

Inside the station proper is a help / ticket desk with cash register, and off to the left side is a employees-only area with stairs to the second floor office. This office features a desk with chair and fireplace. The second floor roof, the second floor proper and first floor roof are removable. Also, the two clocks on the second floor roof are supposed to have this print: http://www.bricklink...asp?P=3960pb024 (This print is not currently available in LDD.)

17310869662_09e6e79a5c_z.jpg

The street side features a short staircase to the front entryway. The studs above these doors and the same on the opposite side are supposed to spell out the station name. I haven't decided on a name for this one yet, but am leaning towards the name "Imperial".

17125156860_a0b82c454d_z.jpg

Here we see the individual components of the station. This includes:

- first floor / main platform (1)

- second floor (1)

- roof of first floor (1)

- roof of second floor / clock tower (1)

- end-caps for platform (1 left and 1 right version)

- identical platform extenders (2)

Here is the LDD file: http://www.mocpages.com/user_images/80135/1430322575m.lxf

This station will replace Barretts station on my layout (some parts of Barretts will be reused on this model), as this station is larger that the other, and has a street side, whereas Barretts does not.

Comments are always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

I have updated the first post to include a new ldd file and pictures.

Edited by Murdoch17

Now that looks even better with an engine besides it......Brick On LDD On 'Murdoch17' ! :grin:

Thanks, Scotnick designed the 9F and then I modified it. I have the engine in real life and it really is a well designed masterpiece. :classic:

Edited by Murdoch17

I have updated the first post with new pictures, (since the original pictures have been lost) and a updated LDD file.

Here is a new picture:

17105268567_98b8053e69_z.jpg

Here is the same station with my 2-6-0 "Mogul" and it's matching passenger train, alongside my 2-8-2 "Mikado" and a freight train.