Sign in to follow this  
frog4gators

LEGO Ideas...

Does anyone have any information on the latest LEGO Ideas group that is in review? There are a number of sets that I would love to see go into production. It should be any day that a decision is made. I thought I read somewhere that LEGO would announce their decision in January.

My vote...

1) Ghostbuster Firehouse

2) Xavier Mansion

3) Wayne Manor

When the decisions are made, they'll release an announcement and a video with the results. No other information to be had, unless you have an inside connection! :wink: The official decision timeline for that group is "Winter 2015" so it could be any time in the next 60 days.

You can follow the LEGO Ideas blog where they give general updates and news as well as post the official announcements here:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/blog

Does anyone have any information on the latest LEGO Ideas group that is in review? There are a number of sets that I would love to see go into production. It should be any day that a decision is made. I thought I read somewhere that LEGO would announce their decision in January.

My vote...

1) Ghostbuster Firehouse

2) Xavier Mansion

3) Wayne Manor

Depending on the figs...

1. X-Men Mansion.

2. Wayne Manor.

3. The Firestation.

But I also like the Wayne Gates set.

My vote...

1) Ghostbuster Firehouse

2) Xavier Mansion

3) Wayne Manor

I don't know where you saw it mentioned they'd announce a decision in January (edit: NM, I just rewatched the video in which they announced Birds and The Big Bang Theory, and they do say that, right in the video), but it's possible; however, their last announcement was only in November, so it hasn't been that long. I'd expect news on most of the stuff currently under review in February or March.

That said, the Birds set and the forthcoming The Big Bang Theory set both came out of a review batch from a few batches ago! and which also sported two Doctor Who projects that are currently under review. Since we know they're being considered, and it's also safe to assume from the nature of the builds that they wouldn't be technically difficult for LEGO to do from a design standpoint, I'm going to hazard a guess that LEGO would indeed like to do them if it can, and is currently negotiating with the BBC, and that's the only remaining major obstacle. If that's the case (and of course I realize I probably shouldn't speculate on private dealings I have no knowledge of, but I can't help it ;) ), I'd guess that we could see a separate announcement about just those two projects at any time, if and when the deal goes through. If they don't come to terms, though, I'd expect LEGO to wait until it has something to announce regarding the other projects under consideration; they probably wouldn't make an announcement just to say the Doctor Who projects didn't make it. Any announcement that happens will probably come only when there's at least one project they can say will become a set.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I have noticed that the Delorean and original minecraft sets are both sold out. So are they not going to be selling more? I'm sorry if this is obvious.

Discussion of Ideas and its processes is already happening in the Embassy part of the forum. When a licensed product gets approved, then it will be discussed here.