scottwb2010

Scotsburgh Fire Department Update

Hi

Its been a while since I first posted my origanal Scotsburgh Fire department Appliances photo's http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75356&hl= so thought it was about time I gave an update. Here are appliances/engines that were introduced through 2014.

The first appliance/engine is a Scania/Bronto 28m Allrounder, which is an Aerial Rescue Pump. Basically a combined aerial appliance and Rescue Pump. As detailed its on a Scania crew cab chassis with double rear axle to take the weight and has Bronto 28m boom package.

First photo's of this are from my LDD design of the appliance. I have brick built it so photo's to follow.

Scania Chassis with water tank

scania_arp_chassis.png

Scania Chassis with bodywork

scania_arp_bodywork.png

Unfortunatley I couldn't work out how to get LDD to allow the boom package to fit on the body, but you'll see it when I post the brick built version.

Comments as always welcome.

Edited by scottwb2010

Ive tried building one of the infamous CARPs, the triple axle one is great until you get to a functioning boom

post-11870-0-48805300-1421579738_thumb.jpg

Nice digitally created fire truck 'scottwb2010'......keep going and Brick On ! :grin:

Cheers LT

Very nice design. Bring on the real bricks.

Thank you 'Firebrickbuilder' Photo's now taken of brock built version and waiting to clear on Brickshelf then I'll post here!

Ive tried building one of the infamous CARPs, the triple axle one is great until you get to a functioning boom

Ive tried to keep the boom as simple and realistic to the real version. The booms on an ALP are harder to achieve!

I agree, the problem with most British aerials is you can either make them 100% functional or 100% accurate. There is NO way of doing both! Ralph S's ALP is probably the closest you can get to both but the ladders are on the top of the boom and not to the side.

Hydraulic platforms arent bad if youre willing to forgo the escape ladder down the side. Same goes for TLs if youre willing to compromise on the cage mechanism

Edited by Kaz

Nice firetruck you have there! It has a very british feel to it, and the front lights above the windscreen look cool. It would be perfect if the aerial platform would be lower on the vehicle when not in use,

Nice firetruck you have there! It has a very british feel to it, and the front lights above the windscreen look cool. It would be perfect if the aerial platform would be lower on the vehicle when not in use,

Hi ziki! Thanks for your comments. I tried to get the booms lower but it meant either not getting the right bodywork or the booms not being able to rotate.

The real version of these Bronto ARP's have the booms sitting high in the travel position. There is a good photo on this site photo 15 of 30 - http://www.bronto.fi/sivu.aspx?taso=1&id=122

Edited by scottwb2010

If you go onto Warkwickshire Fire And Rescues facebook page theres a few good pics of their CARP in action

Excellent addition to your fire and rescue fleet 'scottwb2010'.......keep them coming and Brick On ! :grin:

Cheers LT. Don't know what will be next though!

If you go onto Warkwickshire Fire And Rescues facebook page theres a few good pics of their CARP in action

Hi Kaz! This is the model I tried to base it on, albeit the Scottish Version! Easier to do than the Vema version some services have.

Edited by scottwb2010

Cheers Firebrickbuilder. God knows what TLG will do to create a realistic aerial boom. Don't know if they will justify the price of a new mold for this unless they can use it for a variety of models!