Robert8

Collectible Minifigures Series so far

Collectible Minifigures Series so far  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Collectible Minifigures Series so far?

Why Movie, The Simpsons 1 and 2, and Team GB are missing?

My best figures are Scarecrow from series 11 and Prospector from series 12.

Series 9? That's one of my least favorite. Series 2 is the worst, with only the Spartan to it's credit.

The best series is 10 by far. Revolutionary soldier, tomohawk warrior, plus the Roman commander, the amazon, the seagull, the balding headpiece... So much army building and paets usage for this series. I bought at least twice as many of this series (more than 100 figs) than any other series to date.

My favorite fig is the Elf followed by the Revolutionary soldier. The Elf is such a spectacular fig all around. If LotR had come first, I may have thought differently, but the Elf is the only reason I started paying attention to the CMFs, and I am so glad I started collecting them.

My favorite fig is the Elf followed by the Revolutionary soldier. The Elf is such a spectacular fig all around. If LotR had come first, I may have thought differently, but the Elf is the only reason I started paying attention to the CMFs, and I am so glad I started collecting them.

I think the Elf is my favorite as well. I love all of the animal suit guys, but for much different reasons. The Elf is really a great example of what I look for in a LEGO minifigure.

Nice job putting the images together Robert8. It's hard to decide for me. Series 6 had something special, but I think the increased detail of some late series' has it beat. Series 13 for the win.

Honestly, I can not pick a favorite series. It's hard to even pick a favorite figure for me, but it might still be the original Zombie. I can say that I purchased the most s6 Figures out of everything, but probably simply because they were easy to find and TRU had some sales. The thrill of the hunt was a lot of fun for s1-s3 though, not really something we can enjoy anymore since the new sets are so easy to find.

I would like to see the ansilary sets in the first post too though: Simpsons, TLM, Team GB. Just for completeness. I think having the official set image for each in one thread like this was a good idea and nice quick reference :classic:

Hard to pick a fav. I like them all. I voted 14 since it is scary. My favorite fig keeps changing. Right now it is spider lady.

After seeing the high res pictures, I think series 15 is the best out of them all. There are a wide range of different themed minifigures and some of these are very well designed. Lego has done something very special to this series which they haven't done before. For example, the queen's new dress piece (instead of the slope piece), the baby piece, which can be attached to hand or back (who would ever imagined that we would see a lego minifigure in baby form), the tutu which is a new style of dress piece (usually a piece of cloth in the past) the new satyr's leg etc. This opens up to a whole new possibilities and goes to show that minifigures are constantly evolving for the better and there would only be more awesomeness in future series. I'm highly looking forward to the Disney series. Wonder how these would turn out.

A lot of them are close, but I prefer 13, and after that, probably 10.

Simpsons and 14 were my worst.

Update after release of 15 and 16: these are both definitely way up there, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Withacee

As soon as we bring in Simpsons and the non-numbered series, that completely changes the conversation. You could argue that the Lego Movie and Monster series are in line with the numbered series (I have treated them that way with my purchasing pattern) but they do differ enough from the standard numbered series to consider them separate.

S12 is my fave. Hun warrior, battle goddess, spooky girl, piggy are all awesome minifigs, and we got a new guitar in S12.

My fave minifig is probably the Hun warrior. With the printed helmet, rare cow horns, soft cape and printed shield, can't get any better.

Got to admit the new scary knight may snatch a draw with the Hun warrior though...

Actually, I prefer any of the other series but I have to choose series 14 just for one minifigure.

Best minifigure: zombie businessman

Why: Best Lego metaphor ever

As a collector of mostly fantasy, mythology, horror and historical minifigures, I like all the CMF series so far. Each one has had several minifigures that appealed to me.

My favourite series though is no 4. It contains the musketeer and gnome - two minifigures I had been hoping for for a long time - plus the geisha, Frankenstein's monster, werewolf and viking.

The individual CMF minifigure I like most isn't from series 4 however. It's actually the elf from series 3. I had yearned for an elf minifigure for years and there was no great way of MOCing one, not even with third party parts. When it was released, it did not disappoint: the way they did the ears, the look of the face and the detail of the body printing were all perfect. :wub:

Series 13.

An epic King with new crown/hair piece, a fantastic goblin and a unique, awesome evil sorcerer.

That's 3 top shelf castle/fantasy figs in one series, so it has to be the winner for me.

Certainly series 6 for me because of Lady liberty, Sleepy head, Butcher and clockwork robot! S16, S15 and S1 were close behind.

My top 10 collectible minifigures: (roughly- maybe not in the exact right order)

1. S16 Hiker

2. S6 Lady liberty

3. S6 Butcher

4. S1 Forestman

5. S4 Kimono girl

6. S2 Vampire

7. S6 Roman soldier

8. S6 Sleepy head

9. S15 Frightening knight

10. S10 Decorater

11. S6 Clockwork robot

12. S15 Golden angel

Edited by The lego fan

I think Series 6 has been my favorite so far (with 9, 4, and 13 close). It just had so many figures that I was excited about and that didn't disappoint. Namely, the genie, lady liberty, the robot, the alien, and the astronaut. Plus a lot of other cool figures that I wasn't so crazy about but that I still thought were pretty well done, like the leprechaun, the mechanic, and the Roman warrior.

Agree with you guys.... Series 6 is the best one so far.

And at this point I'm afraid Series 6 is untoppable