Robert8

Collectible Minifigures Series so far

Collectible Minifigures Series so far  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Collectible Minifigures Series so far?

What is the best Collectible Minifigures Series so far?

What is the best Minifigure released so far in the theme?

Why?

23519682326_b8bb2c32b7_z.jpg
23463306911_fef623d915_b.jpg
23437231082_c0226f72f8_o.png23437230632_394c480705_o.png
23250016290_f2d7734f4b_z.jpg23545760475_bb8942caa7_o.png
23177797869_2805f94f75_z.jpg23437228502_12253c480a_z.jpg23545887955_78a2fa9d54_z.jpg23463302211_a87e35f34e_z.jpg23545757355_7f99304034_z.jpg23545756625_b49793ee4c_z.jpg23463300431_6bed869b93_z.jpg23519675186_25713c02b7_z.jpg23250010720_46ef9fb29b_z.jpg
28702381032_81cd7ac658_b.jpg32998876473_7cbfb099e8_o.png48443689092_1c6e345cc6_c.jpg48443538166_4cac191a8e_c.jpg

Edited by Robert8

The best series was No. 9.

Highest number of really outstanding minifigs in there!

Best minifigure The Musketeer

(closely followed by: Classic King / Roman Soldier / Conquistador)

Why? Iconic design. High playability. New weapon. Printed legs.

I liked series 9, just for the number of figures I wanted/liked.

My favorite figure is the Revolutionary Soldier though. A great update to the bluecoats (this was before the new Pirates theme was announced). Plus the wig was a nice addition to era figures.

Series 13 is the best for me, many interesting figs, and the GOBLIN is the best minifigure they did. TWO accessories, the rare sack/bag, and a perfect olive green fantasy evil creature for my horde.

They definitely got better with age, but the series that had most figs and parts that interest me, was ser. 10, but it's also probably the most town biased series, so I see why it doesn't have a wide appeal.

Series 11 stands out to me, but Series 1, 4, and 6 are close behind. I have some great memories with majority of the series, though. But Series 11 not only has my favorite CMF ever (the Bavarian Lady), but so many great and unique minifigures, like the Scarecrow, Elf, Yeti, Gingerbread Guy, Welder... you get the point. The Bavarian Lady is just2adorable and has some awesome details, that's why she's my favorite.

I think Series 13 is my favourite, simply because it has so many minifigs that appeal to me. Series 9 and 12 aren't far behind, though. IMO the least appealing series is probably Series 7.

The best series is series 11. I agree with just2good, so many great and unique figures. Welder is my 2nd favorite minifigure in the theme. Before series 11 was released, I thought series 3 was the best. The worst was probably series 8 or 10. Diver is a great figure, but others were just boring.

The best Minifigure: Hot Dog Man. First I thought it was just a hot dog vendor, but when I saw the picture of HOT DOG SUIT mould, he became one of the best minifigures LEGO has ever made.

Series 8 was really poor

The best series is series 11. I agree with just2good, so many great and unique figures. Welder is my 2nd favorite minifigure in the theme. Before series 11 was released, I thought series 3 was the best. The worst was probably series 8 or 10. Diver is a great figure, but others were just boring.

Series 8 was really poor.

My vote for best series has to be for Series 6.

In Series 6 imagination ran wild: we got mythology, fantasy, history, Sci-Fi, western, space. Even the city Minifigures stand out. We got some unique LEGO masterpieces like the Genie, the Minotaur, the Clockwork Robot, the Sleepyhead and Intergalactic Girl. Series 9 and Series 11 are runners up.

My favorite minifigure is the S6 Genie. I love his color scheme, the bottom piece is pretty rare and the lamp is pretty accurate to real thing, and it works great with the bottom piece. The S7 Aztec Warrior and the S11 Scarecrow are runners up.

Yeah, series 9 and 6 are the best ones,,,,,,,now minifigs......any trade ones......welder, house painter, plumber, mechanic, etc.,.

Oh, and why......I'm a traddie myself and they fit city better than anything else......apart from a few odd characters to give a life some weirdness ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

My favorite series is Series 13. We get a little everything with this one - Castle, Space, City, etc. - It just feels so complete. And, never before has a series made me want to army-build, or even get more than one of a single figure. There's so many great new parts, too - the handsaw, the shield, the cobra, the headpieces - and there's some great printing (Samurai and Galaxy Trooper armors, the fossil, EVERY printed torso).

My favorite figure, however, is the S12 Battle Goddess. She has a fantastic headpiece, great accessories and parts assortment, and detailed printing. For me, she made it clear that LEGO can produce a figure that is worth the $3.99 US price tag. The Wizard, Hun Warrior, Spooky Girl, and Classic King finish off my top 5.

It feels a little weird having my favorites be from more recent series - but looking series prior, I feel like they don't hit the bar like the recent ones have been doing. At the very least, it does feel like LEGO is giving us more for our money when we buy blind bags. So we take the good (more detail) with the bad (price).

Edited by telaruhn

13 is not bad, I won't complain. And a new series always has a special flavour to it.

But, face it, dear fellow Eurobrickers, you need to edit all your entries, because series 9 was the best! :laugh:

@Robert8: You need to start a new poll. The mixed question (best series/best minifg) can be answered more easily in two threads.

.... and the revolutionary soldier was good! But not as good as the musketeer!!!

It's not surprising that 13 is leading the voting... every time a new series comes out, a lot of people think it's the best one... until the next one comes out. Whatever's new and fresh, I guess.

To me, they've been so hit and miss that one series doesn't really stand out to me as being the "best." I voted for 10, though; I like the sea captain, and the seagull and the dog with the "trend-setter" are great accessories; Medusa was an awesome figure, and even the generic figures (like "Grandpa") seem really useful to me. But really, it's only by a thin margin, and only if I'm pressed to choose.

I voted for s9 because it has a lot of battle minifigures in it.

My favorite minifigures tho is the Viking woman from s7

Favorite figure was probably the zombie. Had series 1 not sold out in a few days i would have gotten many more of that one.

Worst figure is hands down Mr. Gold. A real unnecessary FU to completists.

Overall I hope these series go on forever. As long as the quality stays high, it will never get old.

For me - series 6. And the best minifig is Roman Soldier. LEGO, please, do some set with him (or rather - multiplied him).

While I won't change my vote, I'll admit the newness of Series 13 enamored me, but I still consider it my favorite. I did manage to decide on a close second - Series 11!

Series 11 had a bunch of new ideas, great counterparts to previous figs (which I really like to be honest), as well as awesome accessories like the cat, tiki mask, rope, ice lolly, welding torch, science flasks and saxophone. I was never able to complete it until recently, however, so I wasn't able to decide this as my second favorite with certainty until now.

I also have a new top 5:

1. Yeti

2. Island Warrior

3. Spooky Girl

4. Goblin

5. Scarecrow

I voted for series 12.

I love the Battle Goddess, Hun, Wizard, Swashbuckler, Fairytale Princess, and Jester. It feels like this series catered the most to fans of Castle or Historic themes, which is my primary collection. Also, the Pig Suit Guy and Goth Girl are fantastic. Other minifigures have very useful parts.

I also liked 2, 5, 6, 9, and 13 a lot for similar reasons. 14 and 15 are great as well.

I voted for series 12.

I love the Battle Goddess, Hun, Wizard, Swashbuckler, Fairytale Princess, and Jester. It feels like this series catered the most to fans of Castle or Historic themes, which is my primary collection. Also, the Pig Suit Guy and Goth Girl are fantastic. Other minifigures have very useful parts.

I also liked 2, 5, 6, 9, and 13 a lot for similar reasons. 14 and 15 are great as well.

Seeing the bunch of Castle minifigures in S12, S13, S14 and S15 makes me think LEGO was sweetening the castle fans before releasing Nexo Knights :laugh:

I voted for series 12.

I enjoyed 12 too. Very historic theme indeed. My favourite is the pig.. must be a take on the roast pork eaten in medieval feasts. The apple is a proof!

Seeing the bunch of Castle minifigures in S12, S13, S14 and S15 makes me think LEGO was sweetening the castle fans before releasing Nexo Knights :laugh:

It really would seem that way, wouldn't it?

I enjoyed 12 too. Very historic theme indeed. My favourite is the pig.. must be a take on the roast pork eaten in medieval feasts. The apple is a proof!

I love the Pig Suit Guy! You've got a great point about the feasts and the apple. I'm looking forward to the Farmer's pig in series 15 so that he can have a friend.