LucasLaughing

[MOC] MOW Swing Crane

Hey all, finally have a version of this that I'm happy with so I thought I'd share it.

16270808316_013bc35744_c.jpg

This is based on a real piece of MOW equipment - the CMCD 312E.

16294958661_92a6154383_c.jpg

16110606849_8d00fdac54_c.jpg

16109383380_7a6e656196_c.jpg

16294949391_727cb6363d_c.jpg

Comments / suggestions / questions are welcome - thanks for viewing!

Totally AWESOME, perfect design.....gee I feel it's one the best railway repair MOC's for a long time. :thumbup:

Brick On 'LucasLaughing' ! :grin:

Nice job, interesting piece of equipment well captured in Lego!

Particularly like the white breathing tank at the back - matches up perfectly to the prototype!

Amazing MOC. You've captured it really well and it just looks fantastic.

Nice job. How wide is it

But... there are loads of pictures. Anyway, it looks like the wagon is 6-wide because it uses the 1x6 wagon end part and the crane base is fractionally wider there the bars stick out at the sides.

Nice work. Very posable.

Thanks! I wanted the "magnet" to at least be able to reach both the ground and the wagon so the arm took me a while to work out.

I've never seen this piece of equipment before, but looking at the picture you did a pretty good job of capturing it.

Good job.

Thank you! They seem to be used quite a bit by BNSF, which is the main railway in my part of the USA - I'm not sure how often they're used in other parts of the country and/or outside the US.

Thumbs up on such a spot on recreation.

Great model with cool features :thumbup:

Totally AWESOME, perfect design.....gee I feel it's one the best railway repair MOC's for a long time. :thumbup:

Brick On 'LucasLaughing' ! :grin:

Thanks guys! :classic:

Nice job, interesting piece of equipment well captured in Lego!

Particularly like the white breathing tank at the back - matches up perfectly to the prototype!

Thank you! I was excited when I saw how well the breathing tank would match the prototype :classic:

Nice job. How wide is it

Amazing MOC. You've captured it really well and it just looks fantastic.

But... there are loads of pictures. Anyway, it looks like the wagon is 6-wide because it uses the 1x6 wagon end part and the crane base is fractionally wider there the bars stick out at the sides.

Thanks! Srbandrews is right - it's mainly 6-wide, although I just measured the crane and it comes out to just over 8 wide at the base of the bottom "steps."

Well done Luca, your railcar perfectly reproduces the original Caterpillar.

Wonderful vehicle!

Thank you guys!

That's a great little build with some very clever tricks to work around the difficulties of hiding anything in such a small MOC (and aw, look at the classic space air tanks tossed in too)

This is great. I'm always fascinated by MOW pieces. Just the right amount of detail. Would love to see more if you add to the fleet.

I don't feel like I can say any more about your MOC. But I'll add to the chorus and say that I think it is fantastic! I love stuff built in yellow and have an special fondness for works style equipment. :wub:

I agree with everyone else, as a MOW "geek", I think it is AWSOME! I think you did an amazing job capturing the prototype, and an even better job of the, oh so difficult to capture, little details of the engine and hydraulic systems. Great parts usage and techniques.

Sal

WFB, WI

That's a great little build with some very clever tricks to work around the difficulties of hiding anything in such a small MOC (and aw, look at the classic space air tanks tossed in too)

Absolutely amazing; great job transforming the originally into a nice Lego MOC. Great details added in.

Thanks!

This is great. I'm always fascinated by MOW pieces. Just the right amount of detail. Would love to see more if you add to the fleet.

I agree - I tend to find MOW units super interesting. I am planning on adding to the fleet, although I can't say how long it will take as I'm a pretty slow builder and spend most of my time in the Star Wars forum :vader::classic:

Oh nice design, also nice details!

Ooooooh my dear ...this MOC is so sweet! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I love the little wheels and the beautiful details!

Little MOC great skills! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I don't feel like I can say any more about your MOC. But I'll add to the chorus and say that I think it is fantastic! I love stuff built in yellow and have an special fondness for works style equipment. :wub:

I agree with everyone else, as a MOW "geek", I think it is AWSOME! I think you did an amazing job capturing the prototype, and an even better job of the, oh so difficult to capture, little details of the engine and hydraulic systems. Great parts usage and techniques.

Sal

WFB, WI

Thanks for all the comments and compliments guys! :sweet: