Sign in to follow this  
dillthepill

Oh my gosh! SSA is available!

Excellent find! Thanks for sharing the info. I really like this set. Combining a castle and a doc is a really nice concept. I like the death ship too.

I like the looks of this set; the ship looks good and so does the castle...(unlike that crappy skeleton tower >:-(). I'll definitely get this set.

ssa= *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* *wub* !

the beuty is available!

jifel

I just returned from my trip to LEGOland, they also had it there. 69,99 EUR... Same price as on S@H.

I used my money at the PaB though. But it's a nice set.

Mr Tiber

Hmm, that's not fair, UK gets it before the US! For once... :-P ;-) X-D

A very nice set!

I've ordered it as part of the K7029 Complete Castle Collection (delivery before 1 August). The strange thing is that this collection is not yet available in the US. The castle collection on LS@H USA excludes the SSA.

As I noted in a separate thread the price of the complete collection fluctuates widely around Europe with the cheapest place to get it being Ireland and the dearest Finland.

David

Also strange, I saw the set a few days ago available in the US. Now Lego SAH says this under the item description:

Sorry, item is not available in this country: United States.

Am I the only one who thinks this set is a rip-off? I'd plan on buying it if it were at least 1 fifth cheaper, i.e. 80 NZD instead of 100 NZD. Does any one know why this set is so expensive? Is it because it has the ship hull, or a captain's hat? Are those 'exclusive' pieces? Because it doesn't seem like that big a set, well, not worth 100 bucks. |-/ Just my opinion anyway.

As I noted in a separate thread the price of the complete collection fluctuates widely around Europe with the cheapest place to get it being Ireland and the dearest Finland.

David

>:-) >:-) >:-)

Kiss me Im Irish!

I may get the castle collection then. >:-)

No problem for the news guys.

I also noticed it dissapeared shortly after I brought the news, but I was lucky enough to order it before it left! I may do a review, it'll probably be here by Friday.

Also, how could you hate the Skeleton Tower, ZBD? That is amazing, I have it.

And Mr. Madolarian, it's ok to let UK get the set before US every ONCE a year. :-P

Also, how could you hate the Skeleton Tower, ZBD? That is amazing, I have it.

Well, what I thought was good about the skeleton tower was a) the figures: I'm especially happy about the wizard and princess. Now, with the wizard's torso I can make the perfect Spanish Inquisition figure. And the princess is hot! Wait, I mean, hot, as in, highly valued. That's right... ;-)

And b) the drawbridge. It's good to finally see a working drawbridge! Yay!!! *sweet*

The dragon isn't bad either.

What I did not like about it was the basically the size and price. The tower is really small. They could have made it wider, taller, fleshed out the inside, fleshed out the upper right tower? And maybe added a winch so that the cage could be raised or lowered. For its size I wish it was cheaper than 50 USD.

But it has grown on me. I realized after building it the three bones on each side of the drawbridge are like hands; and it gives the impression the thing is rising up out of the ground. Cool.

Not my favorite set ever, but I like it more than some other sets in the same price group. (cough Skull Island cough)

I also noticed it dissapeared shortly after I brought the news, but I was lucky enough to order it before it left! I may do a review, it'll probably be here by Friday.
Lucky! Glad you got the ship before it disappeared! Edited by ZeekyBoogeyDoog