Psyence

[MOC] - UCS X34 Landspeeder

All,

Thanks for the comments and support, greatly appreciated. Hoping for 10K at this point, not even thinking about the review right now. As Lego told Cavegod and Robianco eluded to, projects that would be "licensed" have a harder time making the review. I guess I can be positive in that at my 1K comment from Lego "green lighted" me to continue growing in support and that there were no known licensing conflicts or issues at this point. Regardless if this makes it or not, I'll still have my UCS Landspeeder. :classic:

Well if it doesn't make it past review then there's a future in selling the instructions for this if you wanted to go that way. I'm sure there are many people who'd take you up on that myself included.

I've said several times on other threads that themed submissions to Ideas aren't normally my favourite thing unless there's something in the build that really makes it stand out... both the build and the actual content of this submission is fantastic. So with that I hope you all the luck in the world in achieving 10k and making it past review stage!

Saw this initially over on FB, still amazed by it. Really great MOC, fantastic detail and accuracy.

I saw this on the IDEAS site.Totally love it, I would love to own one of those. Supported with Cherry's on top. Well done, its amazing.

A few more updates: with LEGO further "defining" their "Ideas" rule set on Feb. 13th (after I posted Feb. 2nd about an update I made to the model), I felt the need to adjust my open engine a bit using "uncut" tubing. NOTE: this is a promoted practice by LEGO in step 15 of Architecture set 21003 (Seattle Space Needle). I also added some goodies to appeal to a broader audience (but really more for me). Let me know your thoughts... I'd say this about wraps it up but that might be lying...

Engine:

15994435064_2bda5a4e43_z.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16616615125_ae17ed4cb8_z.jpgLego Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

Goodies:

16608972186_54f13f62f9_z.jpgLEGO Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16447922830_fb9182f5b3_z.jpgLEGO Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16012773104_ce1457300d_z.jpgLEGO Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

16634928875_faabb730a4_z.jpgLEGO Star Wars UCS X34 Landspeeder by aaron.fiskum, on Flickr

Edited by Psyence

Why don't you update your Lego Ideas proposal page with the newer version?

Well, in their wisdom TLG decided that it would not be possible to update the main page of a LEGO IDEAS project once it has been created. There is a separate 'update page' on which updates can be put, but I doubt whether that is read a lot...

Fantastic work and I love the tweaks you have made to further refine your design.

You get my vote :classic:

Well, in their wisdom TLG decided that it would not be possible to update the main page of a LEGO IDEAS project once it has been created. There is a separate 'update page' on which updates can be put, but I doubt whether that is read a lot...

I didn't know that, it was possible to update main page of the project when it was Lego Cuusoo.

Unfortunately HJR-Holland is correct and I agree that the "Update" pages are probably not read often. However, if I were to do this again I'd probably do it differently. Great experience regardless and in the spirit of MOC-ing, the next one I'm working on is Star Trek related, uncertain if I'd send that to "Ideas" though. I'll definitely be posting it here for feedback as this community has been awesome when it comes to the Landspeeder - thank you all!

...and we love your MOCs woodnman!

Thanks! Got bricks coming for Slave II. Inquired at Legoland MOA and they don't allow showcases or displays unfortunately but the clerk I talked with is supporting this ;) Let me know if I can help drum up support in any way.

After the unfortunate decision for this amazing MOC to not be included in the official UCS world, have you ever made the designs, LDD file, part lists, etc available to the public?  Great looking set that I was happy to "support" on its way to 10,000.

Would love it if Lego took this on. I imagine they would mould a windscreen specifically for this set. It would be an instant hit akin to Slave 1.

22 minutes ago, Bulok said:

It's really really amazing works!!! Can contact you in pm? 

Thank in advance. 

Just saying, but i don't think he'll be back to responding to a 3 year old post, if you check his profile, his last visit was in 2017

And welcome to Eurobricks!

Edited by JarJarBonks

Thk for your answer! 

Damn, I would like trying to make this one for me, do you know if they have plan or files somewhere? 

15 hours ago, Bulok said:

Thk for your answer! 

Damn, I would like trying to make this one for me, do you know if they have plan or files somewhere? 

You could always search the internet, maybe he'll have files up somewhere