Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#124: The Song of My Heart

"Ehhh... Lyren. It would be Lyren..." said Leofwein.. unsure of how to proceed.

"Yes, forgive me, it would appear to be Lyren who we believe was the initial source. But as I mentioned, we haven't had a chance to talk to him about his side of the story so we don't know his motive. As for his friends, may I ask why you would need to know who they are when you have the initial source and the main broadcast for your song? You could probably stop Carly from singing your song if you tried hard enough, but there isn't much you could do with the middle people now..."

Darksten said, wishing he had a bit of diplomacy in him.

"Yes, forgive me, it would appear to be Lyren who we believe was the initial source. But as I mentioned, we haven't had a chance to talk to him about his side of the story so we don't know his motive. As for his friends, may I ask why you would need to know who they are when you have the initial source and the main broadcast for your song? You could probably stop Carly from singing your song if you tried hard enough, but there isn't much you could do with the middle people now..."

heroicanpc-laurelinehinckwell.jpg

"So it is my little Lyren, then? I have to know, why would Lyren be showing an old love song of mine to his friends... Unless..." Laureline gasped, then a beaming smile spread on her face. "Unless the friend is some girl he fancies! That's why you are so reluctant to tell me; Lyren has finally found himself a sweetheart! I must insist to know who she is. I have to contact her parents and start making arrangements!"

Laureline clasped her hands together in excitement. What would the party answer?

"Boys, I think we have to tell her. I know you might feel guilty for breaking your promise of not telling, but if you want I can say. "

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"Boys, I think we have to tell her. I know you might feel guilty for breaking your promise of not telling, but if you want I can say. "

Darksten looks at the barbarian with a bit of anger, thinking the armored kid had insulted him "No I got it, I made no such promises..."

Turning back to the Hinckwell matriarch the ranger says "It wasn't a secret crush, just a childhood friend. Your son Lyren talked to Nuitan Shadeaux about the song.

Though I hear Lyren and Nuitan's sister have a bit of a history so perhaps the song was meant to be for her? As I said, we were not able to talk to your son so we don't have the whole story."

Edited by Comrade Commander

Turning back to the Hinckwell matriarch the ranger says "It wasn't a secret crush, just a childhood friend. Your son Lyren talked to Nuitan Shadeaux about the song.

Though I hear Lyren and Nuitan's sister have a bit of a history so perhaps the song was meant to be for her? As I said, we were not able to talk to your son so we don't have the whole story."

Laureline's glee turned into dismay.

"Hmpf! Is Lyren still hanging out with those Shadeaux siblings? His father and I made it very clear that he should steer away from them. The Shadeaux have caused nothing but problems from the day they landed on this island! But I appreciate that you have brought this to my attention. We will have to monitor my son's actions even more closely, even though he is now an adult. We have our family's reputation to look after... Speaking of which, your service has been commendable, and we Hinckwells will surely turn to you should we require more assistance from Heroica in the future. Besides my gratitude, I wish to offer each of you one of my fine-tuned instruments. Please, take your pick!"

heroica-finetunedflute.jpgFine-tuned Flute (WP:15, user is nimble; instrument)

heroica-finetunedguitar.jpgFine-tuned Guitar (WP:15, user is lucky; instrument)

heroica-finetunedbagpipes.jpgFine-tuned Bagpipes (WP:15, user is encouraged; instrument)

heroica-finetunedsaxophone.jpgFine-tuned Saxophone (WP:15, user is transcended; instrument)

Laureline's glee turned into dismay.

"Hmpf! Is Lyren still hanging out with those Shadeaux siblings? His father and I made it very clear that he should steer away from them. The Shadeaux have caused nothing but problems from the day they landed on this island! But I appreciate that you have brought this to my attention. We will have to monitor my son's actions even more closely, even though he is now an adult. We have our family's reputation to look after... Speaking of which, your service has been commendable, and we Hinckwells will surely turn to you should we require more assistance from Heroica in the future. Besides my gratitude, I wish to offer each of you one of my fine-tuned instruments. Please, take your pick!"

"I would think an innocent friendship couldn't cause significant harm, though how you handle your family is not my place to get involved I suppose." Darksten says "Either way, it was a pleasure finding the source of the song for you ma'am. I wouldn't mind having that guitar if you don't mind."

QM Note: Still waiting for Zepher's choice, then I will end the quest.

Bobby grabs the flute, a instrument that is a particular favorite of his own mother's. "Yo,m'lady, I ain't gonna tell you what to do with your kid because you know, I'm not a parent and I'm from some poor part of town, you know? And I know being a mother ain't an easy job and that being as rich and influential as a Hinckwell is different than any of the shiz that I know - but, you know, since I'm here, I gotta say something, aight? I mean, life ain't great when we put a bunch of shiz into boxes, know what I mean? Like what if my mother said ain't no way you're being a hero. Or what if you're mother told you to not hang out with that musician dude. And what about your own husband, know what I mean? I bet his mother and father didn't think he'd marry a poor musician, no offense, yo, but because he went a little outside his box you dudes get to be happy and have your lovely son. So, you know, maybe let him out of the box a little too. But what the Hel do I know." Bobby shrugs, blushes and bows all at once. "Thank you for the quest and the flute."

"I would think an innocent friendship couldn't cause significant harm, though how you handle your family is not my place to get involved I suppose."

Laureline cocked her eyebrow at Darksten's comment.

"I would hardly call socializing with the offspring of our greatest rival innocent. I do not want to dictate how my son lives his life, but certainly he can find other friends rather than risk the reputation of his own family."

"Yo,m'lady, I ain't gonna tell you what to do with your kid because you know, I'm not a parent and I'm from some poor part of town, you know? And I know being a mother ain't an easy job and that being as rich and influential as a Hinckwell is different than any of the shiz that I know - but, you know, since I'm here, I gotta say something, aight? I mean, life ain't great when we put a bunch of shiz into boxes, know what I mean? Like what if my mother said ain't no way you're being a hero. Or what if you're mother told you to not hang out with that musician dude. And what about your own husband, know what I mean? I bet his mother and father didn't think he'd marry a poor musician, no offense, yo, but because he went a little outside his box you dudes get to be happy and have your lovely son. So, you know, maybe let him out of the box a little too. But what the Hel do I know."

"If only this was a case of my son falling in love with some girl from the Hovels. But no, this isn't about his freedom to do what he wants, this is about doing what is right. My son is not stupid, surely I can make him see this." Laureline then handed the heroes the instruments of their choice. "These are some of the finest instruments this city has, so please treat them with the respect they deserve. And always remember that the power of music should never be underestimated."

With that, the heroes were ready to depart to finally get some rest.

THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!

Party:

avatar.jpgDarksten (Comrade Commander)

35 year old male human Ranger *Party Leader*

Level 15 1/2 *Immune to poisoned, bleeding, cursed, jinxed and blinded*

Power: 21 (15+6)

Defense: 2

Health: 21/21 (6+14+1)

Gold: 512

Equipment: Crossbow (WP:6), Sand-Worm Hide (SP: 2, bodywear), Tribal Amulet (Wearer is immune to poisoned, bleeding, cursed, jinxed, and blinded; suitable to barbarians, rangers, beast warriors; accessory)

Inventory:

Weapons: Spider String Bow (WP:4, darkness-elemental bow), Fine-tuned Guitar (WP:15, user is lucky; instrument)

Artifacts: Safety Blanket (SP:1, protects from Afraid, backwear), Vampire Cape (Halves damage from undead enemies; backwear)

Spell Items: Murder on the Dancefloor (Has 1/6 chance of instantly knocking out each opponent (unless immune to sudden death) when sung; costs 30 ether per round; Battle Song)

Consumables: 6x Potion, Health Core, 5x Remedy, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, 4x Mead, Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, Soma, Ambrosia, Root Beer (Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against undead enemies for 20 damage. The Root Beer does not affect non-undead enemies), Aeolus Bomb, Floral Bomb, 5x Lightning Bomb, Smoke Bomb, 3x Venom, 2x Bone

Tools: Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass

IMG_2143_zpsb53ff806.jpgBobby "Young" Bucks Jr. (Zepher)

19 year old human Rogue

Level 7 *Immune to cursed**Attacks cause enamored*

Power: 17 (7+10)

Defense: 3

Health: 13/13 (7+6)

Gold: 59

Equipment: Hue and Saturation whip (WP:10; causes Enamored), Nondescript Cape (SP: 3; protects from Cursed effect; suitable for rogues; backwear)

Inventory: Fine-tuned Flute (WP:15, user is nimble; instrument), 3x Potion, Grand Potion, Grand Tonic, Health Core, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Mead, Shovel, Pickaxe

photo-10643.jpg?_r=1407427718Leofwein Twynam (Capt.JohnPaul)

18 Year Old Human Barbarian

Level 6 *Natural Respite*

Power: 12 (6+5+1)

Defense: 1

Health: 14/14 (8+5+1)

Gold: 102

Equipment: War Axe (WP:5), Mr. Snuggles (Accessory, +1 HP, +1 Power, +1 SP, cannot be imbued with scrolls, suitable for barbarians)

Inventory: Twin Axe (WP:5, Dual Strike, axe), War Axe (WP:3), Fine-tuned Bagpipes (WP:15, user is encouraged; instrument), Amethyst (Darkness), 3x Potion, 2x Remedy, 2x Mead, 2x Venom, Smoke Bomb

EPILOGUE

heroicanpc-vesper.jpg

"Milord, may I have a word?"

Count Shadeaux glanced away from the fireplace to take a look at the werebat tutor that had served his family for a decade.

heroicaquest124-shadeauxstudy2.jpg

heroicanpc-noctusshadeaux2.jpg

"Of course, Professor Vesper. Is it about my daughter's studies? I certainly hope she has made some progress... Unfortunately my beautiful Bellanotte does not share the wit of her brother and older sister."

heroicanpc-vesper.jpg

"Unfortunately, it is not about that... Some men came by earlier to see your daughter, just as I was finishing my session with her, and I couldn't have helped to overhear them talking..."

"Talking about what? Just spit it out, Vesper!"

heroicanpc-vesper.jpg

"About your son. It seems..." The werebat took a deep breath. "It seems young Nuitan has a love affair with the Hinckwell boy, Lyren."

"WHAT?!"

QM Note: With that, I thank you for the quest! :grin:

Bobby stashes his flute and leaves the Hinckwell Villa, staring at his feet. But eventually he glances up at his two quest mates and offers his hand.

"Yo, dudes, it's been tight. You're good bros. I'll see you when I see you, yo!" He then bounds off down the street, headed back to the Theatre. He hopes that he will make it in time to catch the crowd leaving, and though the task seems impossible, he keeps his eyes peeled for the woman they had met earlier in the day who had directed them to the theatre in the first place. On the way he keeps his eyes peeled for flowers... but it being winter, he has a difficult task.

Knowing he couldn't get any further with the Hinckwell matriarch, Darksten politely bid farewell to his employer and walked out with his fellow questmates happy that they had accomplished their stated objective.

When Bobby made to go his separate way, Darksten shook the offered hand as the rogue certainly wasn't the worst person the ranger had encountered. Yet Darksten secretly hoped that the kid would learn to speak like a civilized individual by the next time they met.

Seeing as the party was splitting up, Darksten also said farewell to Leofwein. The barbarian had a ways to go in Darksten's mind, but he hesitated on offering to try and help the other hero try and hit motionless boxes. Somethings just had to be learned on your own...

With the proper courtesies given, Darksten left the group and made his way to the training facilities back at the hall. He had learned a lot from his previous quests and he wanted to refine his techniques.

Ooc: Thanks for a great quest everyone!

"Yo, dudes, it's been tight. You're good bros. I'll see you when I see you, yo!" He then bounds off down the street, headed back to the Theatre. He hopes that he will make it in time to catch the crowd leaving, and though the task seems impossible, he keeps his eyes peeled for the woman they had met earlier in the day who had directed them to the theatre in the first place. On the way he keeps his eyes peeled for flowers... but it being winter, he has a difficult task.

Picking up a bunch of flowers from a box on the window-sill of a tavern he passed by, Bobby made it back to the Theater just as Carly's concert was ending. He indeed saw a familiar figure among the crowd.

heroicaquest124-annabelle2.jpg

"Oh, it is you!" Annabelle said, recognizing Bobby. "Were you at the concert as well? Did you get to speak to Miss Swift?"

"Yo, yeah, groovy concert. And I did get to meet Carly Swift, super cool chick! Really nice." Bobby hands the girl the flowers, making sure her parents aren't around. "Yo, listen. I'm here on a mission! There's this arbomancer at the Hanging Gardens, I'm sure you've seen him, yo. He's a dope dude and good at his job, and he's got the feels for you. But he's shy, so he asked me to tell you, you know what I'm saying? These flowers are from him." Bobby bows. "I'll see you around!" And he bounds off with a small wave of his hand.

"Aye Mrs. Hinkwell, it is your decision. Thank you for the instrument.... men, good questing with you!"

"Yo, yeah, groovy concert. And I did get to meet Carly Swift, super cool chick! Really nice." Bobby hands the girl the flowers, making sure her parents aren't around. "Yo, listen. I'm here on a mission! There's this arbomancer at the Hanging Gardens, I'm sure you've seen him, yo. He's a dope dude and good at his job, and he's got the feels for you. But he's shy, so he asked me to tell you, you know what I'm saying? These flowers are from him." Bobby bows. "I'll see you around!" And he bounds off with a small wave of his hand.

The noble girl looked after Bobby astonished. Then a big grin spread on her face and she sank her nose into the flowers. The smiling Annabelle walked to her carriage humming "Lovebird".

Bobby hums Lovebird as he walks down the street, a little spring back in his step. He returns to the Hall!

OoC: Thanks, Sandy! I'll post in the QM Lounge soon, but I had a great time!