Sign in to follow this  
Sir Norman Ray

"The South Essex sah!"

But, we needed a scapegoat or the mob will lose its ferocity...

I dont need scapegoats. I know politics! *stands like Mussolini*

phred: I was 5 years old. that was 14 years ago.

The chances are, their damage may just have come from being mis-treated in the large tubs that i store my old LEGO in.

Anyway, I be bidding on a load of Bluecoats on Ebay who have Shako's (Thank Christ) Muskets (Thank Allah) Backpacks (Thank Sean Bean) and yellow shoulder things (Thank Pratchett) and I am expecting some more redcoats to come as well, meaning I can increase my numbers again!

Though, I may have to sign up to Bricklink at this rate...

Edited by Sir Norman Ray

Sorry for double post, but I bring

PICTURES!

25923146kc1.jpg

82742762rn9.jpg

37322416rk5.jpg

40252380nk0.jpg

72716701hv6.jpg

14857071eb5.jpg

(Wooo! Cheap book advertisement!)

37246166ya3.jpg

The SgtMajor hidden there with his beard, cos I watched Zulu! and thought Thats how he should be :-D

I think my next load of men are gonna have to be tricorne hats, as I have no more Shako's.

Well, warn us when you'll release your load... why does that sound odd ?!?

Now, that's what I call a nice little army. Go on, it looks very good.

Well, warn us when you'll release your load... why does that sound odd ?!?

Now, that's what I call a nice little army. Go on, it looks very good.

No need, I found more Shako's! So yeah, I hope to build up a large backlog of Shako's so that way I can easily cover any redcoats not having the proper headgear. And backpacks and what not...

I also be plotting, a base of some sort!

Very Nice expanding quite well, I should be updating my new pictures of my Fully armed prussian's and new pictures of all my British and French who have been re-armed and now using Shako's. Expect them in the first week of August since I'll be going away for another two weeks and need to fix get my camera fixed.

Edited by Fordo

Very Nice expanding quite well, I should be updating my new pictures of my Fully armed prussian's and new pictures of all my British and French who have been re-armed and now using Shako's.

Thank you, I cant wait to see your troops :-)

Sorry for double post, but I bring

PICTURES!

I can't believe you're double posting Sir Norman Ray! :-P

Oh wait... 8-o

...you brought pictures so it's ok X-D

That's a splendid growth you have in your army :-D

Thanx for keeping us updated on your increasingly ginormous army, *y*

P

Why Thank you, expect another update this week actually. Murphey's/Sods Law struck, and as soon as I took them pictures on Monday, |Tuesday I got 6 shako's, muskets and backpacks I was waiting for! Oh, and the 9 bluecoats that came with them. (Yes, I am cannibalizing other sets, big whoop, wanna fight about it?)

All I need now are my glaives and I just bought another 4 red coats and we're sorted for the week!

Also< I be bidding on a rare raised LEGO plate/base (came with only one castle) to turn into a sort of base/camp, and I must take a picture of all the cannons I have...

Sorry again for another Double Post *does the sign of the Cross* but I bring more pictures!

60991268or5.jpg

40736155qo6.jpg

10kn9.jpg

Currently I have 77 Musket armed, Shako wearing troops, one Shako, Musket and sabre armed Sergeant Major, 7 shako and glaive armed Sergeants including their Sergeant Major, 4 men with tricornes awaiting Shako's, a LOT of officers, cannon crew and my riflemen.

Expect more and more, and also check another thread for a little posing I made.

Hey Sah,

Would you consider this a new diorama or an updated version the old one?

Just so i know how to update the indexes :)

P

I think all my posts here should be considered updates. My army changes roughly weekly, new bids opening and closing all the time. As we speak, I await more redcoats, more Shako's and more muskets. The only real major change will be the setting, having won a rare castle base (green with rocks, came with only one castle) and will most likely make a camp out of it.

I think all my posts here should be considered updates. My army changes roughly weekly, new bids opening and closing all the time. As we speak, I await more redcoats, more Shako's and more muskets. The only real major change will be the setting, having won a rare castle base (green with rocks, came with only one castle) and will most likely make a camp out of it.

Yah a british army! Huzzah! I feel proud!

I am buying 20 Troops and 5 Officers to make a small army.

And there Commander Officer Joey Lock!

:-D

Haven't I replied to this topic yet? Mhhh, must have missed it..

But considering your army I should!

You have a very nice army Sir Norman Ray!

It's beautiful to see all those red coats lined up. :'-)

Makes me want to have an army too.

I hope you'll be able to expand it soon!

Army on!

Mr Tiber

Joey Lock, thanks :) Though, you need more men then officers! Otherwise, well, its a lonely battlefield :-P

Mr Tiber, thank you :) An update should come this Wednesday. A lack of updates was caused by two weeks of shift change at work, where I lost my Wednesday off. (5 of us in the same house, I prefer private work :-P ) I have a lot more men now, and my last batch on the way. Its time for me to start sorting the boys out, and showing the true might of the South Essex, both 1st Battalion (here) and 2nd! (Garrison force)

Gentlemen, the Hunt! *raises glass of wine*

At long last, after weeks of no pictures, PICTURES!

44371955hi3.jpg

31069169kt7.jpg

36482732ev9.jpg

77464072xg4.jpg

Major Tom Atkinson, Sgt Major Conroy and Ensign Canning

52282136qx7.jpg

"Nepotism? No such thing here! Just coincidence some of us look alike!"

41941918gi0.jpg

This is 1st Battalion, currently consisting of 104 infantry alone. I hat to squash them all up due to lack of room! 2nd Battalion is my (unfinished) Garrison.

On a serious note, I want to use Brickshelf, I signed up, but when I try to upload, it always says 500 Internal Error. Any clues as to why this happens? Sorry if there's a thread for this, but I couldn't find it at all!

This is 1st Battalion, currently consisting of 104 infantry alone. I hat to squash them all up due to lack of room! 2nd Battalion is my (unfinished) Garrison.

104 infantry men! 8-o

You better watch out Bonaparte, seems like the British are gathering troops! :-P

A most adorable army Sir Norman, really, I love to see all those Redcoats lined up. *wub*

The only thing I can think of to improve it are flags and a little more organisation..

Mr Tiber

Well, at the moment, collecting has stopped, due to my family going "STOP WITH THE PARCELS!" and we cant move for the bubble wrap. Also, it's scary seeing how much I was spending.

As for organisation, how on Earth can I do that? Really, this is one company of men! Organisation was 100 men with some NCO's and Officers, a company! And there was 10 companies a Battalion!

By the way, this doesn't include 2nd Battalion at all, which is another, 20 odd figures, pluss spares etc. (I really can't believe its this many. I remember getting my first 4 lots, all from the same guy...)

And I keep meaning to have a custom flag, but I can't draw, only write :-P

COMING SOON! THE RETURN OF THE SOUTH ESSEX!

return.jpg

Frogs beware, Indians beware, Americans beware, Scotland beware! The South Essex is due to return, and in greater numbers!

(Note, that 156 infantry there, one Major, one Ensign and one Sergeant Major)

Give me someeeeeeeee. I want em for crewing up my ships!!!!

Hmmmmmmmm

Jealousy aside they're looking good. When you gona show us some more work on their lil garrison???

Frogs beware, Indians beware, Americans beware, Scotland beware! The South Essex is due to return, and in greater numbers!

(Note, that 156 infantry there, one Major, one Ensign and one Sergeant Major)

Americans beware?! X-O

Don't they need a ship :-P

How may troops are in South Essex now?

That's a very impressive force you've got there *y*

P

On second thoughts i think you should definitely give me some of them there troops!!!

18 pirates to my

6 redcoats

1 red coat admiral

1 blue coat admiral

4 stormtroopers

3 US Troops

2 US lieutenants

1 US Captain

10 Explorer dudes.

No 1 faction can out number the pirates. :(

Unless they get hold of the 24 odd cannons i have laying about hmm.

Wig, go sort your own stuff out :-P I've been working hard on my army, and I didn't get any breaks neither.

Troop count, i would estimate around 170-180 odd guys as of now. Sods law, I took the pics, posted them, put the stuff away, and an EBAY delivery arrived. I still got more on order (in which the guy I usually buy from is now asking "How large is this getting?") There's also the Redcoats placed in the Garrison (which i still need to complete) Engineers and my scratch force of Provost Marshals! (consisting of 4 men)

So yeah, expect more Pics asap, if Call of Duty 4 doesn't steal my soul.

The column marched. It was a traditional French charge, grouping together as many conscripts together into one solid block so to keep the men marching straight in the mouths of the guns. It had crushed every army in Europe, except for one, the British. The French moved fast towards their target, the thin Red Line that had the dark blue and red standards. Any soldier that got those would instantly become an officer.

Major Atkinson cocked his pistol and looked at the approaching enemy. This would be his second battle, but his first as Major. Like most British officers, he had bought his lower ranks, but when Major Colon had died of the Pox, he was promoted, and now led his men. Ensign Canning was at the back, making sure the men, some fresh from Essex herself, wouldn't run whilst Sergeant Major Conroy checked the men, his voice blazing at a soldier who's flint wasn't tightly in place on the mucked hammer.

Atkinson turned to the right to see the other Major in the South Essex, Major Butcher, an older man who partially resented Atkinson. The young Major was liked and respected by his men, whilst the older was feared. But the old man was not without heart, and strode up to Atkinson. "Good luck Tom" Butcher said, offering him a cigar. Atkinson took it and enjoyed the flavour. "Thank you Frank." Butcher nodded at the young man and strode back to his own company, where Ensign Denny was at the back and Sergeant Major Gilson was also shouting. The French were closing, and soon the South Essex would bleed for Spain's freedom once more.

Yes! At long flaming Last!

101_0063.jpg

101_0064.jpg

Major Atkinson, SgtMaj Conroy, Ensign Canning, Major Butcher, SgtMaj Gilson and Ensign Denny ready for duteh!

101_0060.jpg

101_0062.jpg

101_0065.jpg

"Remember lads! This is for home! For Essex! For my cockles! And for my nomination for an Oscar in the Best Supporting Minifig Category!

Hope you enjoy the return. Current infantry count is 194 men, which is basically two companies of men now, so I threw in some more command.

Things to Do:

Get six more men to make the numbers up

Get another base so I can show the two different company's

Find a Union Flag to go on my Standard (note my custom one! Thanks for that X-D )

Edited by Sir Norman Ray