Hello again!

From the beginning of December 2014 LEGO gave me an opportunity to play with new Bionicle 2015 pieces. 50 Kilos. In return I had to build some MOCs and sent them my photos.

LEGO gave me 2 weeks of pleasure. After that time I had to sent them back all Bionicle 2015 pieces and all MOCs I created with them. They said they would like to use them for Public Relations purposes. But they also said I can use photos in my gallery/forum etc.

If you're interested in more details, you can see my little propaganda video:

... don't forget to turn captions on!

Ok, I think I made my point and it is good time to show my MOCs. I decided to post here only some basic pictures and links - that's because I don't want to make topic too huge. More infos about heroes and others in my flickr/DA descriptions:

FlickR (all project Bionicle 2015 photos)

DeviantArt (all project Bionicle 2015 photos, additional gallery)

FlickR (my second account) (photos of 50 kilos, new Bionicle parts etc.)

I also give some links related to topic on my blog. I'm sorry I didn't translate it into English but I think it my be more practical to show MOCs' photos in that way. I don't think that the text is interesting - on flickR/DA should be all of my story in English.

1. Dark Lord

15920022347_d5b5c01b46_c.jpg

BRICKSHELF

A topic on my blog (some extra photos).

The Bush of Power:

16079998506_475b9198e0_c.jpg

2. Hero of Fire

15931086350_8339b409c3_b.jpg

BRICKSHELF

3. Hero fo Stone

15937606719_07089290ff_b.jpg

BRICKSHELF

4. Hero of Water

15945743910_f9c2e37c68_b.jpg

BRICKSHELF

5. Hero of Air

15955803009_da4ba31c19_b.jpg

BRICKSHELF

6. Hero of Ice

16008785297_30d79c4e01_b.jpg

BRICKSHELF

7. The Huntress

16032293327_9917277f4a_b.jpg

BRICKSHELF

8. The Hunting Huntress

16200074856_46f2e703da_b.jpg

BRICKSHELF - Rahi Emu

BRICKSHELF - plant

Some additional photos:

15606051253_0398258b76_c.jpg

16225896265_5d9e3fe10f_b.jpg

16039700939_a12dbc0745_c.jpg

9. Beasts

16215358276_3867136c54_c.jpg

15618835124_cd71e5a071_c.jpg

BRICKSHELF - Dark Lord's scout

BRICKSHELF - Turtle

A topic on my blog.

10. Zar’ratux the Dragon

16070107119_bf7880a40a_b.jpg

16070106869_ab3f2c770a_b.jpg

BRICKSHELF

Additional photo:

16256247905_fa3af25a6b_b.jpg

Best regards,

~ QQS

Wow, that's amazing! I especially like the Rahi-type creatures you made. Definitely a great example of the potential CCBS holds. I wish I had the talent and parts to do these kind of MOCs. :laugh:

How did you find the opportunity to do this?

Edited by EZNetwork

Fantastic work, That turtle is hypnotic to look at! Its really awsome seeing stuff like this, it shows off really well how high end builds can be made out of CCBS and I hope your build encourage LEGO and other people that CCBS is acctually an interisting system to use.

Question QQS; Whilest you have had this opportunity, what are your thoughts on the parts you have had to build? Was it a chore to build some models or were you winishing that you had some type of bone piece that doesnt exist?

Wow! Those are slick! Loving the uniformity among the 'Hero' figures. They look like such a well-put-together team.

And the beasts are equally cool. The dragon is magnificent and the usage of the Skull Spider Masks and the Gatling gun is ingenious.

I could go on, but then my post would get too long for my liking. As EZNetwork said, these MoCs really show the potential of CCBS. A potential I really hope Lego exploits in the future.

I really should get to MoCing with the new pieces. These have greatly inspired me.

Wow, that's amazing! I especially like the Rahi-type creatures you made. Definitely a great example of the potential CCBS holds. I wish I had the talent and parts to do these kind of MOCs. :laugh:

How did you find the opportunity to do this?

Thanks!

Well, LEGO asked our LUG (Lugpol) if there is anyone who could make some creations from new Bionicle parts so I decided to try. It was my first time cooperating with LEGO which I shall remember well. Many thanks for 3dom - a person who informerd me about this opportunity and help me with communication.

Fantastic work, That turtle is hypnotic to look at! Its really awsome seeing stuff like this, it shows off really well how high end builds can be made out of CCBS and I hope your build encourage LEGO and other people that CCBS is acctually an interisting system to use.

Thanks!

Some people who usually don't like Bionicle/HeroFactory say those MOCs look so much good they could exhibit them on the shelf, another say they are ok but need some modification and other say they are boring - well, that's life :)

Question QQS; Whilest you have had this opportunity, what are your thoughts on the parts you have had to build? Was it a chore to build some models or were you winishing that you had some type of bone piece that doesnt exist?

Only thing I can complain is that ... all of those parts came from Protectors sets only! 50 kilos and there weren't parts from any big hero. In most cases those pieces were sufficient. But sometimes not - e.g. there could be more basic connectors. Also few times I needed this bigger skieleton piece.

But generally MOCing using new parts was a very good experience for me. I'm afraid I will never have so many pieces I had during this project. I could build almost aything, invent some new building technics ...

New pieces are generally awesome! Just look:

15982830629_55052f9009_b.jpg

16168129182_2959218363_b.jpg

15981563030_d3d43d7548_b.jpg

15983101087_356c937d0a_b.jpg

15982951149_34c6246895_b.jpg

... aren't they beautiful?

Moreover my sister which isn't interested in Lego at all decided to play with new parts. She liked especially this piece on the first photo ;)

Wow! Those are slick! Loving the uniformity among the 'Hero' figures. They look like such a well-put-together team.

And the beasts are equally cool. The dragon is magnificent and the usage of the Skull Spider Masks and the Gatling gun is ingenious.

Thanks! :)

I could go on, but then my post would get too long for my liking..

No problem :)

As EZNetwork said, these MoCs really show the potential of CCBS. A potential I really hope Lego exploits in the future.

I really should get to MoCing with the new pieces. These have greatly inspired me.

Lego already has great designers, but unfortunately final sets are often less complicated than prototypes. E.g. I saw prototype of Atlantis mecha and final set - difference is enormous!

I look forward to see your MOCs :)

Many thanks for comments!

Truly amazing MOCs! I adore the way that you use the Protector and Skull Spider masks as layered armor. I hope that Lego will be displaying these proudly. These would be great as display models for the 'Build a Bionicle' exhibit at Legoland supposedly replacing the Hero Factory one in the spring, but I looked and it seems that is only at the California and Florida locations.

I haven't only two words to say something no say about that: IT'S AWSOME!!!!

You did great work!

Your MOCs are amazing. Can you post group photo of them?

Truly amazing MOCs! I adore the way that you use the Protector and Skull Spider masks as layered armor. I hope that Lego will be displaying these proudly. These would be great as display models for the 'Build a Bionicle' exhibit at Legoland supposedly replacing the Hero Factory one in the spring, but I looked and it seems that is only at the California and Florida locations.

I haven't only two words to say something no say about that: IT'S AWSOME!!!!

Thanks! :)

That's interesting because LEGO told me they want to use those parts to some event for children and that was the reason I had only two weeks for this project. That's all I know. Are they going to do something similar in Europe? Hope so.

Your MOCs are amazing. Can you post group photo of them?

Unfortunatelly I didn't take any group photo, but I made some records from which I exported some images. Quality is not very high but I think that's better than nothing.

Beasts:

16094211250_02af34b126_c.jpg

Heroes:

16094210200_710eaf7429_c.jpg

All in 1 place:

15659160394_247d2563c4_c.jpg

16280746632_c606050e8a_c.jpg

And some bonus stuff:

16148830132_182b21f575_c.jpg

16147718481_50bd04ee8d_c.jpg

16142962325_c658ec9a06_b.jpg

I already miss them!

Man oh man 7, 9B, and 10 (I can't wait for official mounted figures to return) are almost my favorites. My favorite is that mask coral! And the WIP bird skeleton perched on the shipping box is almost too nice to complete :tongue:

I'm drooling over that pile of parts. I should get extra figures/parts just for MoCing.

Yes, it was quite a lot of stuff but unfortunately - only Protectors' parts. There weren't any of Toas :< These could be pretty useful for MOCing and inventing new techniques!

Wow. Just wow.

Thanks!

Man oh man 7, 9B, and 10 (I can't wait for official mounted figures to return) are almost my favorites. My favorite is that mask coral!

You mean dragon's shield? It's very easy to do.

As a matter of fact I tried to build a car with wheels made of this shield but unfortunately Lego didn't give me more time to do it.

And the WIP bird skeleton perched on the shipping box is almost too nice to complete :tongue:

But this skeleton is already completed! ;) It's dragon's front part (without back legs and tail). And yeah, it was the first construction I made for this kind of project ;)

At first I was wondering what could be better - giant dragon or fenix? But after all dragon idea won.

Is it just the lighting, or do the Stone masks you got have trans-yellow instead of trans-neon-green?

It could be the lightning - I took photos during the night. But as you can see I get so many pieces that it's quite possible that some parts were trans-yellow. If I had those pieces I would check it - I regret I didn't think about that before LEGO took all parts :/

BTW

If I had more time I could try to make Hero of Stone's weapon truly working! I could be quite easy because of new shooting system:

15549122363_bba5489fd2_z.jpg

Oh, and I almost forgot! Some people asked me if It would be possible if I make any tutorial of any of my heroes shown here. Well It will be difficult because all parts have already gone back to LEGO, but I have some photos of my WIP Hero of Fire - all heroes have very simillar skeleton and I think it may be useful to post here some extra photos:

16002462079_7efc7693ce_b.jpg

16002462519_19e31aea89_c.jpg

16162704646_a827e93ba2_b.jpg

WIP version had very playfull and well-posed arms but it had many holes. In final version additional armour improve this but arms are no longer well-posing.

16186637521_e53c1a6984_b.jpg

Have a nice day!

Based on this picture they look very much yellow rather than green... but I don't know why Lego would send that to you, so I guess it must be the lighting.

Based on this picture they look very much yellow rather than green... but I don't know why Lego would send that to you, so I guess it must be the lighting.

I'd guess it's just the contrast with the bright apple green. (Aanchir, are you going to swoop in with your incredible knowledge and tell us the proper color name?)

I'd guess it's just the contrast with the bright apple green. (Aanchir, are you going to swoop in with your incredible knowledge and tell us the proper color name?)

Looking at this group shot, I have a feeling that it is just the lighting in some shots and the Stone masks are still using trans-neon-green.

(BTW, the color used by the Jungle Masks are bright-green and trans-bright-green, although it is referred to as 'Apple Green' because for the longest time that was the only part that used it.)

*...jaw drop...*

Amazing. These mocs are astoundingly good. Love the dragon and the ice beast best, but the heroes and the dark lord are also fantastic! I'm drolling over that pile of pieces...... 50 kilos?

I'm sorry I'm answering now but I really wanted to make a small video with MOCs. Good new is I've just finished it and you can watch it here if you like:

Don't forget to turn on titles!

You just may be right. Nonetheless I preffer more yellow than trans-green for Hero of Stone colour scheme.

Great job. That is incredible what can be build using pieces from so small sets.

Thanks :) That's true, but the only problem is you need a whole bunch of them!

I love that turtle, and the rest of them; fantastic job.

Thanks! ;)

*...jaw drop...*

Amazing. These mocs are astoundingly good. Love the dragon and the ice beast best, but the heroes and the dark lord are also fantastic! I'm drolling over that pile of pieces...... 50 kilos?

Thanks!

Yeah, 50 kg of new pieces, directly from LEGO :)

Just wondering; have you ever thought about getting the pieces to re-make some of these MOCs? Maybe not the ones as massive as the dragon, but your Hero figures?

Just wondering; have you ever thought about getting the pieces to re-make some of these MOCs? Maybe not the ones as massive as the dragon, but your Hero figures?

Well, I bought new Tahu week ago and I'd like to use some patents from "Bionicle 2015 Project" to make him better. You see, in project I got many bricks but in all they were not very varied - this is why I had to make some simplifications. But now, when the project is finished - I can use some parts from older Bionicle Theme + some LEGO system parts which make additional possibilities.

Maybe some of you will be interested in this - at the end of December 2014 LEGO phoned me thanking for my MOCs and kindly asking what Lego's serie I like the most because they would like to send me a gift.

- Technic! - I answered

- Ok, Technic then. We will send you a gift related to Technic but we won't tell you what it will be - let it be a surprise :)

The reason why I chose Technic was I already had some plans with it (and in some way related to action figures ofc.) but I needed some extra parts. It would be nice to get some extra bionicle parts (e.g. for armour) but Lego told me they already had some plans related with those pieces (events etc.). I think that Technic is good serie someway related to original Bionicle theme (remember first line of Toa) which may help me to improve some of my Bionicle MOCs.

When January came I got my gift:

42006-1.jpg?20121018070358

42006 Excavator. I like this model a lot (I've already had one Excavator for 2 years so it's my second set) and for me it's very good choice.

No, I'm not going to set up a construction company although it's very interesting idea ;)

I just wondered if:

2 x 42006 + 1 x 42024

would be enought to make:

devastator_2_by_spurt_reynolds-d5ewlex.jpg

or something simillar ;)

I hope LEGO would make similar project in future.