Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Zophim's Tower and The Boulder

(Legoworld Copenhagen countdown: 5 weeks left! Amortug will be on display for the last time at Kopenhagen. So I’ll count down the days by showing detailed photos of two modules every week.)

16085578278_b4aa756506_c.jpg

When under siege, Zophim's Tower is the ideal place to get out of the city. Or for getting food into the city as well. The steep rocks prevent invaders for climbing it and even if they'll try, it's pretty easy to shoot them. It also spots ships from enemies from far away. ((Zophim means "place for a watchman"))

15650693434_e7b4f19289_c.jpg

Test run for getting food into the city.

16085742180_8bce25d5aa_c.jpg

16086976049_cf89f70308_c.jpg

Of course the dwarves are skilled in building bridges. But why put effort in that while nature provides one for you!

16273098495_13ba26032c_c.jpg

15650683354_034c49a746_c.jpg

16271307601_bc97580b61_c.jpg

You've got to love burps!

Another set of great builds, Ecc.!

I like the style of turrets you use for the battlements! I also like all of the rockwork with foliage covering vast areas.

That is an interesting idea using a zip-line/crane for moving goods up and down from the tower.

The jagged tips on 'The Boulder' make great battlements! Does the tiled end match up with the other half of the bridge, or is this just a jutting cliff?

Two more great mocs Ecc! I like how both the mocs are so well incorporated into the landscape! They look so natural

The only thing I miss is the water.. =)

Fantastic design and execution!

Perhaps water piece could be different, but other than that looks just great. Maybe the tower itself could have more values, hidden balcony for archers or something.

But most of all i like Your idea of that wharf. Seagull is a very nice detail as well. Plus that crane and a line connectig it with Your tower.

With slight changes it could work as a very nice set :thumbup:

Amazing work, as always Ecclesiastes! The rockwork is excellent, and the castle sections are lovely, I love that zip-line idea! The foliage scattered throughout the rocks is lovely, and that bridge is fantastic! So many awesome details, I can't wait to see it with full water underneath! And fantastic use of burps :)

Both of these sections are very unique, the idea of a zip line is great and the SNOT rockwork on the bridge is excellent! Really like the combination of green and olive green leaves growing on the rock as well!

Two very nice modules with a lot to like! The crenellations are quite unique, did you have those 2x4 curved slopes in a recent LUGBULK? :wink:

I was very close to going to LW as well, but work and other real life responsibilities unfortunately forced me to decline my participation this year... I am however planning on going to Skaerbaek in the fall again, hope I see you there!

Edited by Gideon

Two very fine creations.

I am always interested in other builders' rockwork creations as most of my MOCs have some rocks in them somewhere.

Your style is very good and I like the addition of "two coloured plants". Looks good.

And, of course, where would we be without burps? :wink:

Great builds, Ecc! I love the zip line idea, and that bridge is jut beautiful!! :)

Another set of great builds, Ecc.!

I like the style of turrets you use for the battlements! I also like all of the rockwork with foliage covering vast areas.

That is an interesting idea using a zip-line/crane for moving goods up and down from the tower.

The jagged tips on 'The Boulder' make great battlements! Does the tiled end match up with the other half of the bridge, or is this just a jutting cliff?

The bridge connects to the tower, which i didn't figure out either until I looked at the overall picture.

Edited by LordDan

The rockwork in both sections is superb, the addition of leaves works wonderfully :wub: That bridge is fantastic too :thumbup:

Excellent rockwork, in particular the foliage on it! Had to look twice how both Moc's are connected, it looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the total picture!

Thanks guys!

I'm really pleased that everyone likes the rockwork. Especially because there's no snot or other colors. So it shows that vegetation, shadows and angles works fine as well :wink:

Two very nice modules with a lot to like! The crenellations are quite unique, did you have those 2x4 curved slopes in a recent LUGBULK? :wink:

I was very close to going to LW as well, but work and other real life responsibilities unfortunately forced me to decline my participation this year... I am however planning on going to Skaerbaek in the fall again, hope I see you there!

Too bad you're not attending. Unfortunately I won't be going to Skaerbaek. I went three years in a row, so it's time to visit new events :grin:

Just because various kinds of exotic orientations of studs are getting common in rockwork doesn't mean that well-built studs up rocks has become less good looking.

I hope you enjoy LW and will come back there another year, I'm planning to exhibit there next year again...I'm involved in two different Swebrick community builds and I think at least one of them will be possible to display in February 2016 :classic:

Edited by Gideon

This whole series is seriously impressive and inspiring! I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes together!