soccerkid6

AoM: Inn Phase 1: A Snowy Journey

My Phase 1 build for the Inn category in AoM.

I hadn't done a snow scene in a while, so I built this quick build for fun. The icy water technique was inspired by Simon S.

Mulled cider is a popular drink in Mitgardia, and it is often delivered in barrels via horse drawn carts or wagons.

overview.JPG

low.JPG

left.JPG

cart.JPG

There are a few more pictures here: link

C&C welcome :classic:

Great build!

Lovely and very climatic. :thumbup:

I especially like that snow on a tree, fantastic detail :blush:

Great work SK, I like the gently sloping path, and that tree is really nice too! As I said on Flickr, the contrast between the white snow and light blue water is great as well! :thumbup:

Amazing work Isaac, such a pleasant and serene scene! I really love the landscaping work, and that path is excellent! Great design for the cart as well! But that water is the highlight of the build, so lovely. The blue underneath the ice makes it look realistic, may I ask what color you used? I would love to try that out sometime :)

Wow, there is something to learn from.

Not only booze-wise :laugh:

This is kind of a follow-up on the mead transport, right?

Let's see what comes next.

Back to business: I really like the snowy tree (though I don't have those white bricks ... custom bricks?) and

the icy water (may it come from you Isaac or Simon).

Well done!

Nice, cold and snowey, but at that rate, it`ll be Cider icepopcycles :laugh:

Thanks Tomsche, and yeah they may have to thaw the barrels out after this trip :laugh:

Great build!

Lovely and very climatic. :thumbup:

I especially like that snow on a tree, fantastic detail :blush:

Thank you :classic:

Great work SK, I like the gently sloping path, and that tree is really nice too! As I said on Flickr, the contrast between the white snow and light blue water is great as well! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai!

Amazing work Isaac, such a pleasant and serene scene! I really love the landscaping work, and that path is excellent! Great design for the cart as well! But that water is the highlight of the build, so lovely. The blue underneath the ice makes it look realistic, may I ask what color you used? I would love to try that out sometime :)

Thanks Matthew, it's medium azur, I got some 1x2 bricks off the PaB wall and they worked perfectly here :classic:

So cool! :wink:

Thanks Graham, I was going for 'cool' :laugh:

Wow, there is something to learn from.

Not only booze-wise :laugh:

This is kind of a follow-up on the mead transport, right?

Let's see what comes next.

Back to business: I really like the snowy tree (though I don't have those white bricks ... custom bricks?) and

the icy water (may it come from you Isaac or Simon).

Well done!

Thank you, and the white leaves are official LEGO. They've only appeared in Belville sets so far, I was blessed to receive these as a gift :classic:

Great build, SK!

The purist in me is glad to hear that those are official LEGO white foliage pieces on the tree. I knew LEGO had made them, but they seem to be pretty rare.

The snow looks great, as does the frozen water (especially utilizing trans-clear and trans-light-blue)! I also like the cart with its smooth transitions and realistic shape. Nice parts use for the reins!

That frozen water is incredible. Just the right amount, framed by the landscape just right!

So we've had mead and cider in Mitgardia. Who's next with the ale cart? :laugh:

Anyway, really nice stuff, you really got those winter scenes mastered!

Gorgeous! Love the icy pond and the wooden wagon is great!

Did you try any other colors for the wagon covering? That's the only nit-pick I've got--the white top doesn't quite work for me.

Very nice snow and ice landscaping! I especially like the water design, is it trans-clear on top of solid medium blue or is there some transparent blue involved?

Agree with mrcp6d however that another color for the wagon top might have stood out a bit more.

This is some top notch winter landscaping, the snow and dark tan path really work well together. The icy pond is the best I've ever seen, fantastic technique with the layered tones. Superb work good sir!

Excellent winter scene SK, great work with the lake, tree and ascending path :thumbup:

Very clean simple build. Really like this style a lot.

Thanks! I've found that simple studs up snow can be quite effective :classic:

Great build, SK!

The purist in me is glad to hear that those are official LEGO white foliage pieces on the tree. I knew LEGO had made them, but they seem to be pretty rare.

The snow looks great, as does the frozen water (especially utilizing trans-clear and trans-light-blue)! I also like the cart with its smooth transitions and realistic shape. Nice parts use for the reins!

Thanks Slegengr, the cart was a fun little build :classic:

What a great moc! Love the techniques in this one! :wub:

Thanks dG!

That frozen water is incredible. Just the right amount, framed by the landscape just right!

Thanks mccoyed, after posting a collage of my builds for 2014, I realized I had only done half a dozen or so snowy builds. Snow landscapes are my favorite so I had fun with this :classic:

So we've had mead and cider in Mitgardia. Who's next with the ale cart? :laugh:

Anyway, really nice stuff, you really got those winter scenes mastered!

Thanks kabel!

Awesome SK! Love the water and the snow is great too!

Thank you, LV :classic:

Gorgeous! Love the icy pond and the wooden wagon is great!

Did you try any other colors for the wagon covering? That's the only nit-pick I've got--the white top doesn't quite work for me.

Thanks mrcp6d, and no I didn't try any other colors for the wagon. I wanted to create the idea of freshly fallen snow, hence the white roof, but in hindsight a different color may have been better :classic:

Very nice snow and ice landscaping! I especially like the water design, is it trans-clear on top of solid medium blue or is there some transparent blue involved?

Agree with mrcp6d however that another color for the wagon top might have stood out a bit more.

Thanks Gideon, and it's just trans clear 1x2 bricks on top of medium azure 1x2 bricks :classic:

This is some top notch winter landscaping, the snow and dark tan path really work well together. The icy pond is the best I've ever seen, fantastic technique with the layered tones. Superb work good sir!

Thanks ME :sweet:

I love snowy scenes! And this one is extremely well done. Great work! :classic:

Thank you, I'll be doing lots more snowy scenes this year :wink:

Lovely winter scene, great work! The frozen pond, cart, and landscaping are all very well done :)

Thank you :classic:

Excellent winter scene SK, great work with the lake, tree and ascending path :thumbup:

Thanks Garmadon!

Wow, this is excellent! Lovely snowy scene, maybe there could have been a bit more snow on the road, but the snowy tree and icy water really are great! :thumbup: