ritztoys

MOC - My Second Modular Building/House

I submitted this MOC to Lego Ideas, please vote and support my home, thanks. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/91719

May I present my second house for my Lego Subdivision.................C & C Welcome

640x853.jpg

Front view

640x853.jpg

Side view

640x853.jpg

Back Side

640x853.jpg

Other side w/back door entrance

640x853.jpg

Back door detail with garden inside and out

640x853.jpg

Front garden

640x853.jpg

First floor

640x853.jpg

Laundry area under stairway

640x853.jpg

Improved bathroom/loo area

640x853.jpg

Back door inside garden

640x853.jpg

Kitchen and the 'day after' on the table ( I had finished this on new years' day, my table looked like this :head_back: )

640x853.jpg

Second floor

I hope you folks enjoyed this house, I tried to keep my building style in this house similar to the first one. http://www.eurobrick...pic=103361&st=0I need to recapture my building design and hope to have a third house in the near future

Edited by ritztoys

Very nice, very well thought-out layout and design! Great work inside and out! I especially love the laundry area and the stepping stones!

Not sure how this is "modular", but a fine MOC anyhow. Love the sleek aesthetics, solid, realistic build and well-thought and nicely done details.

Very cool!

I think i could live in somethin like that :thumbup:

Could You build me a standard size version? :wink:

Thanks everyone for your comments............

@ BrickRally217 The tree was assembled using a tutorial by EB member MikeS

@ GCO This house was configured to be longer than square as my last house is. I tried the 'stepping stones' several ways and decided on this layout

@ Hereticae Thank-you very much for your comment. I know this isn't really a modular so to speak, but I'll have several in my Lego subdivision and those houses need a little room

@ Mazin Thanks...........I could too.............the wife wanted to move right in. Better start saving bricks, maybe a few million, I'd be happy to start building for you :wink:

@ eckarty............Thank-you, I worked on this for awhile to get " that style ", don't know what it is but kinda of Tropical/Pacific/Beach type feeling.

@ Captain Braunsfeld .............I worked at adding those interior details, very important to my buildings.... :wink: , thank-you

@ Off The Wall...........Thank-you very much, I wasn't trying, just a little anal....... :laugh:

@ lightningtiger.............Thank-you.......... from a master builder as yourself :wink:

This one needs to be submitted to Lego ideas. Unlike the official Lego modular buildings, I could be happy with one copy of your house since it needs no modification and is complete as is.

This is beautiful! The palm tree makes me feel like I'm somewhere tropical! Did you have a specific location in mind while you were building it?

My favorite part is the kitchen! :blush:

Great improvements! I'm not sure how much bigger this house is than the other one, but I feel space is managed much more efficiently. The new and improved bathroom is much better than the old house's. :classic: Nice work, I would be happy to move in! Haha :grin:

P.S. How do you upload images from Brick Safe to EB?

Edited by alexb420

It is absolute looks fantastic.....Is it possible that you can place a link where I can find the "tree assembly tutorial" from MikeS?

Edited by Henk61

Guys and Gals............Thank-you very much, the compliments will keep my designing fingers busy and my mind to develop a third house, I have a couple of ideas ' brewing ' :wink:

@ Off the wall............That's the nicest compliment :blush: :blush: , do you really think other folks would want to build this?

@ true brick love...........Thanks, no real place in mind. I used to live in the tropics and the houses reflect what I could easily live in

@ alexb420.............Thanks again, I try to improve every MOC I build. Who knows what I'll come with next. ( sent you a PM )

@ ItsaBRICKS.........No, unfortunately not. I haven't tried putting both together ( for photo shoot ), space is kinda tight. They will be together as part of my Lego Subdivision. :grin:

@ Henk61.............Thank-you, as you requested.........http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85595&hl= It took me forever to originally find this, saved to my desktop! :wink:

Yes! I can only speak for myself, but it would be a first day buy for me. And, judging by the comments of others, I'm not alone.

Lego needs to manufacture this!

As everyone has suggested, I submitted this home to Lego Ideas, see first post for link. Thank-you all for supporting. :classic:

Beautiful work! Really keen attention to details!

And, I covet the cypress trees. Sure wish Lego would bring those back....

Really nice house. I just about to start with my first building project and I notice that some people make their homes modular like yours so they can take them apart easily. I've seen others that do the same thing but also have connectors at spots.

The one I'm building has a swing out door and was wondering what others preferences where and why.

@ FishHead Thank-you, I'm always working to keep as much detail as possible and still look good for this size. Yes I love those trees too, same wish :laugh:

@ TimH Thank-you

@ fandomfilms Thanks, some people use the friction pins to join all their modular creations together, when it comes to separating floors, some folks use additional 1x plates under the second story floor to push against the first story walls along with the 1x4 plates with two studs. This in turn holds the floors together (kind of). Some folks use the friction pins between floors for a more secure hold.

When I display at shows, sometimes the public wants to see inside, therefore you should make this connection easy to remove for viewing inside. In your case, with a hinged door, inside views will be very easy to display. :wink: