2016 Ford GT Supercar  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this car?

• Love
    • Okay-ish
    • Hate

I liked the 2005 gt more. This one looks like design team didn't have consensus so they mixed all of their ideas into one car. Lego version might look better.

Edited by madjelly

I voted okay-ish. As most supercars don't really touch me emotionally, this might be the case with every other supercar, too.

What I kind of like about the GT is how the body gets narrower towards the back and thus forms a tunnel between it and the rear fenders. But they should definitely have omitted those pig's nostrils on the back. Besides the design, the colour is really cool!

I love the new car. It has some touches from the old GT, but I agree it doesn't seem to be an "American" design. I agree that it resembles a Mclaren.

Looking forward to what you make out of this Doc

I was very surprised to learn it was a v6, seems to kind of defeat the purpose of a supercar. Regardless, I absolutely love the looks of the car, whether its copied or not. I cant wait to see how you model such long and fluid curves.

tim

I think this new car looks great. also, I think the reason that it looks so similar to other supercars is because of the fact that those supercars were inspired by the original GT-40.

At first I was like "Oh a new mclaren", but then I saw the back of the car and poof! "super car can't be half ugly, there must be more" and I saw the car name. I thought "that's interesting, why would they do that?". Then I realized that there was no US supercars before, US had some sport cars that could not turn but no super cars whatsoever so I thought "They must've made some more mistakes, not just the design" And BAM! - v6. I guess tomorrow they will announce that it is diesel. Really interested how they managed the gearbox and suspension though. Super car must meet some criteia you know to be considered a super car. Can't wait a Top Gear episode.

As much as I love the 05/06 GT, the new GT is simply incredible. It is so far beyond anything Ford has made and is now a true supercar.

As soon as it was unveiled I thought about how awesome a Technic model would be so I cannot wait to see what you do!

Edited by therealjustin

I am dissappointed. American supercars are meant to be grunty v8's that can't go round corners, while European ones should be high strung and break down frequently. Then the Japanese supercars should be as reliable and exciting as a Toyota Corolla. So an American car that looks like a European with the insides of a Japanese. Here's hoping it is not boring, unreliable and can't go round corners.

Then I realized that there was no US supercars before,

SSC Ultimate Aero and Vector W8 were American supercars.

SSC Ultimate Aero and Vector W8 were American supercars.

Did you forget the Ford GT 40?

Blakbird, how could he have not heard of the viper and corvette, 2 of the most obvious American supercars, or even a saleen s7.

Hate to burst your bubble but the viper and corvette are muscle cars!

Edited by Epic Technic

The modern ones are too fast to be muscle cars and are too high tech, and they match upto European rivals like the huracan, 458 etc. There are classes of high performance cars, a sports car is a small car with a big engine e.g. Porsche Cayman, bmw z4, Audi tt, Mercedes sl, but the most obvious part is that sports cars are affordable and range from 20,000 to 80,000 pounds. A supercar is a high performance car which exceeds sports car performance e.g. Lamborghini aventador, Lexus lfa, 458, 12c, 650s, Audi r8, huracan, f12, ford GT, zonda, supercars range from 80,000 to 400,000 pounds. A hypercar is an extreme high performance vehicle which can perform exceptionally in an area of high performance like top speed, acceleration, handling, downforce etc. Hypercars are built in small numbers and are the ultimate expressions of what a road car can do or be. Hypercars range from 600,000 pounds to over 1,000,000 pounds. Hypercars are also crammed with the best technology and materials. A modern sports car is expected to do 60mph from 4-7 seconds and have a top speed from 155mph-186mph and sometimes are convertibles as well, they are also expected to be quite practical, and to be quite joyous to drive like a hot hatchback. Supercars are expected to do 60mph in less than 4 seconds and have a top speed of over 190mph, preferably 200mph. Supercars are expected to have exotic shapes and attract attention. Supercars are also are expected to have modern technology and maybe a few technologies used in a hypercar, and they are supposed to be useable everyday, and are expected to have quite good reliability. Hypercars are expected to do 60mph in less than 3 seconds, boast cutting edge technology like active chassis, suspension or have a hybrid system etc. They are expected to have over 700hp and have a top speed higher than one of the fastest supercars, preferably 215mph+. They are also a showcase for speed, performance and luxury. Hypercars will sacrifice certain aspects of a regular car to achieve its personality. For example the p1 and laferrari sacrifice creature comforts and basic equipment to make the car as light as possible for handling and speed. All modern hypercars and supercars are somewhat aerodynamic in one way or the other. A hypercar should also either have a really high top speed or have exceptional handling. Hypercars are expected to use expensive materials like carbon fiber and titanium, and also have extreme body shapes. The interiors will either be super stripped out for track based reasons or top speed, or be immensely luxurious using materials handmade in several hours. All hypercars, well modern ones are handmade or assembled by hand.

Which is all a matter of perspective. However this MOC should look good in 41999 colors.

Edited by Omikron

It is accepted and is necessary, because there are cars like the Veyron, koenigsegg, p1, huayra, laferrari, venom GT etc. Which exceed the boundaries of supercars and need a new league to define them as high performance cars. You can't seriously be suggesting that a Veyron is in the same class as a 458.

Did you forget the Ford GT 40?

Hate to burst your bubble but the viper and corvette are muscle cars!

A Corvette is not a muscle car. The Viper and Corvette are High Performance Sports cars and the Corvette ZR1 is in the list of the the top 50 Supercars of all time.

It is accepted and is necessary, because there are cars like the Veyron, koenigsegg, p1, huayra, laferrari, venom GT etc. Which exceed the boundaries of supercars and need a new league to define them as high performance cars. You can't seriously be suggesting that a Veyron is in the same class as a 458.

I disagree on all accounts but this is not the forum for the subject.