MightySlickPancake

Toa Kaita and Protector Kaita

Goodevening all,

Me and my brother bought the new bionicle sets over a week ago (in the UK) and we have been really enjoying them, however we have been discussing the supposed 'combiners' that lego are currently using with the toa + protectors weapons. We decided to have a go at building them both and some kaita of the protectors.

Akamai

00.jpg

04.jpg

Wairuha

06.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Protector Akamai

14.jpg

19.jpg

Protector Wairuha

21.jpg

30.jpg

Battle!

13.jpg

31.jpg

I hope you like them, more images can be found on brickshelf as soon as its public.

- Mightyslickpancake

Akamai certainly uses a lot of the parts from the three sets. He looks a bit stiff, though the way you built the legs is quite an interesting representation of the original Akamai's legs. His arms also look quite thin, it's hard to image his ability to lift up that massive weapon on his left. Interesting to see that you also tried building a weapon out of the heads to mimic the original.

I do like that hammer on the Protector Akamai.

Quoting another post without adding thoughts of your own does not contribute to the thread. Please refrain from doing this in the future.

Akamai certainly uses a lot of the parts from the three sets. He looks a bit stiff, though the way you built the legs is quite an interesting representation of the original Akamai's legs. His arms also look quite thin, it's hard to image his ability to lift up that massive weapon on his left. Interesting to see that you also tried building a weapon out of the heads to mimic the original.

I do like that hammer on the Protector Akamai.

Thanks, Akamai is horrendous to try and move and pose, arms are indeed too skinny and dont work too well at lifting his weapons. The main problem was the legs and torso were done first and then i ran out of any good bones and I didnt want to use non set parts. I only read your own Akamai after I posted and I saw you had a similar idea with the heads which was awesome!

I am hoping some designers at lego are sat together coming up with good kaita combiner models, I had fun memories of them as a kid cause they just felt so powerful and massive (to a little kid).

Akamai seems a bit too masive, but Wairuah is excellent. Protector Akamai is a bit weird because of the colors (especially the arms, with all that trans), but overall they're both pretty good.

What on earth is that thing next to Protector Wairuha?

I made a pet for Wairuha! :pir-laugh:

Akamai seems a bit too masive, but Wairuah is excellent. Protector Akamai is a bit weird because of the colors (especially the arms, with all that trans), but overall they're both pretty good.

Im not a fan of Pohatus and the protector of stones trans green colour scheme,it

Wow! So cool. Theese toa and protectors are amazing!

Thank you very much!

looks really wierd in a kaita I will deffinatly agree.

I don't like the way you built Akamai. He's just too big. And Onua's chest doesn't work.

He'd honestly look better if he was buit the same way as Wairuha.

Edited by Jetrax99

Akamai is too busy. His design is just over complex.

Wairuha is smoother and more interesting.

I actually like the pet. Reminds me of the good guy/bad guy duracell sets.

Edited by meowmachine