Bob De Quatre

LEGO Sci-Fi 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Yes.

Some people would argue that the last season's reveal of "elemental powers only come from your parents" would disprove that Astor City is on Ninjago, since Toxikita and Invisable received their "powers" through Anti-Matter's portals. Until you remember that Zane is a nindroid. He had no parents. Ergo, not all powers come through your blood-line, and the only real argument against Astor City's location is swiftly taken apart.

Zane's powers are already established to come from his mysterious power source, which is presumably in some way linked to the original Elemental Master of Ice (how, we don't know, because it's never been explained how his power source was created). It is extremely implausible that the characters in the Tournament of Elements are the same as the Ultra Agents characters from Astor City — they even have different names.

Zane's powers are already established to come from his mysterious power source, which is presumably in some way linked to the original Elemental Master of Ice (how, we don't know, because it's never been explained how his power source was created).

The whole Elemental Tournament's never been thoroughly explained, at least in the episodes I've seen. (Admittedly, I need to catch up on a few.) How come we've never heard of these powers? Why were there just Golden Weapons for fire, earth, ice, and lightning?

Until we get more background on both Zane, and the rest of the competitors, the whole thing is fuzzy at best.

It is extremely implausible that the characters in the Tournament of Elements are the same as the Ultra Agents characters from Astor City — they even have different names.

LEGO's never been the greatest with names, and I'm not just talking about advertising for different countries. We had three clearly different Power Miner minifigs that were named Rex, etc*.

UA Spoilers ahead:

I will admit, though, that all of the Villains changing back to being good at the end of UA, which I was not aware of until recently, does seem to throw a bit of a spanner in the works, but it actually gives the theme better grounding time-wise - we now know that the Ultra-Matter incident must then have been happening simultaneously with the Tournament of Elements.

*I'm having difficulty remembering other instances, but even the one instance alone serves to make the point.

I like it personally. I mean I would have liked a straight copy of the originals in green a little more.

Of course if they produce it in a few more colours then awesome. I'll have all of them.

Essentially how I feel as well. I would much rather it match the originals exactly, but... Well, I mean it's still a green Futuron fig, so I'll take it. :)

Honest to goodness, I would buy ANYTHING Lego makes with the Classic Space logo on it. If they start putting it on Ninjago crap I'll buy 'em. ;)

Honest to goodness, I would buy ANYTHING Lego makes with the Classic Space logo on it. If they start putting it on Ninjago crap I'll buy 'em. ;)

Your sentence about the Ninjago is perfect and very funny indeed...tho I am affraid it is exactly the case witch is completelly ill (buying a crap just because of the CS logo on it, but that is another question)! :grin::thumbup:

The only sci-fi I have heard about this year is the city space sub theme.

You know, it'd be pretty cool if they actually did put a sci-fi slant on something like that.

I know I'm always touting the appeal of Classic Space and all, but if they could mix that with a NASA-like earth station/launch facility that'd be awesome... I mean, who wouldn't want to buy a Galaxy Explorer-like ship with big friggin' rocket boosters attached to it on a vertical launchpad?

It'd be the perfect mix of something fresh and new with a classic, nostalgic type of appeal. :)

Really hope they make a new space theme soon. :sad:

2015: Pirates

2016: Castle

2017: Space?

Shouldn't be far away..... :wink:

Perhaps Mark Stafford's new 2016 wave of sets is going to be SciFi related. His Last comment on his brickset list hinted something like this. (http://brickset.com/sets/list-5289)

For those that are a bit slow like me and took ages to find what you meant I'll paste it here:

This (70224 a Chima set) and the Exo Suit are actually the only sets I designed in 2013/14. I had a bit a turbulent time in my personal life so they put me on forward planning, wait until you see the sets I can add next January! In the meantime I'm pretty happy with this set, it looks like a tiger but it's quite close to a space set in the way I choose to make stuff happen. Hoping someone does a modified classic space version of this (if not I might have to)!

Edited by Hewman

Maybe that is a reference to the Chima Tiger's Mobile Command 70224?

It definitely is. There are no hints in that post about what he's designed for next year except "wait until you see...!" That could be anything. Like steampunkish castle sets.

I'm just glad he's done with Chima and is moving on to something else.

Edited by Umbra-Manis

hmmmm.... a green futuron dude :wub: Hope there's more of this coming, but somehow I doubt it. It's not the first time that something classic shows up in a modern set. Usually it's just a nice hint to Lego's history...

as for a space theme, sure, one day "something space" will be released again, but I guess it won't be classic space...

as for a space theme, sure, one day "something space" will be released again, but I guess it won't be classic space...

Yea, unfortunately I think exactly the same: I am quite afraid there is no reason for TLG returning back to something so much from the past like ClassicSpace (or its derivatives) as they never did anything like that before + they are still more likely to something new never seen before than repeating stuff they already made sometime in their past tho I'd be more than happy if they actually would...my pure guess is they will come up with some sort of new kind-of mixed theme, like someone else elsewhere on this forum speculated, let's say Space Castle or any other mixed theme that actually become new subtheme of the LEGO Space family.

And there is a lot of possibilities even some "absurd" ones like for example: sci-fi space world from the prehistory which minifigs would be Fabuland-like set into world resembling the one of Friends/Elves theme containing castles and dinos all happening in the air (like world/towns in clouds etc.) surrounded by walls of half-frozen waters...and this one could be quite interesting! :laugh::grin:

Edited by bublible

They can try all the new stuff they want, I just wish they would release sets with colour schemes compatible with the older series, especially the transparent parts. I'm so sick of trans black and trans clear. Of course, the logos and minifigs would still be missing, but that would be a good start nevertheless. :hmpf_bad:

But if someone can think of a devious way to lure them into releasing parts with all the classic logos (with the right background colour of course), that would be even better. :wink:

And there is a lot of possibilities even some "absurd" ones like for example: sci-fi space world from the prehistory which minifigs would be Fabuland-like set into world resembling the one of Friends/Elves theme containing castles and dinos all happening in the air (like world/towns in clouds etc.) surrounded by walls of half-frozen waters...and this one could be quite interesting! :laugh::grin:

...and as I said I already did - my own Space & Castle hybrid pseudo subtheme called SPACASTLON:

601501_2_1920x1080.jpg

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=113100

Edited by bublible

Great stuff bublible!

Here's some Space Castle stuff from the old Lego Idea books for more inspiration!

7mbEqV1.jpg

CO4aedQ.jpgc3MMpF9.jpgZKuf5WJ.jpg

Great stuff bublible!

Here's some Space Castle stuff from the old Lego Idea books for more inspiration!

Thanx, Dante! :wink:

Unfortunately I am afraid there is not much inspiration for me on those posted old pictures as they are quite visibly Space with "kind of lame" Castle part integration...almost as being built by some 7yr old, that said: I do not like them much, sorry - there simply seems to be no conception in/behind it, like bricks joint together by pure chance etc. (as for the inspiration part, OK? :classic: ). :sceptic:

Anyway very good and rare find :thumbup: - where did you dig them out from? :look:

Edited by bublible

Unfortunately I am afraid there is not much inspiration for me on those posted old pictures as they are quite visibly Space with "kind of lame" Castle part integration...almost as being built by some 7yr old, that said: I do not like them much, sorry - there simply seems to be no conception in/behind it, like bricks joint together by pure chance etc. (as for the inspiration part, OK? :classic: ). :sceptic:

Anyway very good and rare find :thumbup: - where did you dig them out from? :look:

Peeron's selection of Idea Books, I'm assuming.

Here's something that might be a little more inspiring - try Book 697-1, pages 38-43.

Also, beautiful builds! :classic::thumbup: Any chance we might see some .lfxs someday?

Peeron's selection of Idea Books, I'm assuming.

Here's something that might be a little more inspiring - try Book 697-1, pages 38-43.

Also, beautiful builds! :classic::thumbup: Any chance we might see some .lfxs someday?

Aha, so it is from those books? Actually I saw them many times on BrickLink but I did not know what is it, that said just from pure AFOL point of you I could buy all those books as I already have complete Space theme at home for almost a year now. :grin:

+ thanx, I am happy you like my SPACASTLON pseudo subtheme...and as for the .lxfs: yea, maybe someday - who knows? :laugh:

Unfortunately I am afraid there is not much inspiration for me

That's okay, I was just using you as an excuse to post those pics. I remember looking at those pics as a kid and being amazed at all the rules that were broken! Technic bricks as robot heads on Black Falcon figures, horses with retro rockets! What I like about them is that they show pure imagination and whimsy without caring too much about looking realistic.

Also if we're talking about a Space-Castle theme, I figured I'd post the original official Lego pictures of a Space-Castle crossover. :)

Also, this is the most Space-Castle-y piece of all time:

3876.jpg

Also if we're talking about a Space-Castle theme, I figured I'd post the original official Lego pictures of a Space-Castle crossover. :)

What? Are there actually some already anywhere? Could you show me/us those official pictures? :look:

Or do you mean those ones you have already posted above? :wacko:

Also, this is the most Space-Castle-y piece of all time:

Yayks! Sure, these were/are one of my special parts that I first had as a child in iconic big space set 6971-1...so that said you inspired me to use it now - I will implement them (a lot of them!) in my next work from the same SPACASTLON subtheme set called "Dnalubaf's Cloud Spacekruizer": a big castle spaceship that can be rearanged to castle outpost and still riding its front part as a separate ship...thanx, danth (WIP, cca. 75% done already)! :wink:

Edited by bublible